• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your current goal in pokemon?

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Collect all Gold Symbols/Color Prints in both Emerald and Platinum Battle Frontiers. The best I've gotten on Emerald was four Gold, and the best on Platinum three Color.

I like the battles, it's just so dispiriting to get a haxxy loss and have to start again from the very bottom. After experiencing that sequence of events, say, five times or so, I have to put the game down and raise my spirits with something more in my control.

It'd be awfully handy if they put a checkpoint, of sorts, in the Frontier facilities, so you didn't have to always fight fourteen battles against Pichus and Pidgeys after losing in high rounds. I don't know; just some way to make the facilities less frusttrating. I don't buy into the "frustration is necessary to make it challenging" mantra they seem to have.

True, you always seem to run into that one team that was meant to counter you specifically. E.G. battle frontier. It would be nice if there was no double team or OHKO, but oh well...

I suppose I have the same goal of beating the battle frontier in Emerald and in one of my gen IV games.

Also collecting all 493 in Heartgold. I tell you its pretty debilitating after a while, but I figure i'm up to 300 pokes, so why quit now? Same goes for BW as well.

Learn how to RNG abuse, Looks complicated, but I think I can do it. Just wish they had the software for macs though.

Get into the competitive battling scene. After reading all the smogon articles as well as battles and what not, I think I'm going to jump into the gen V scene.

No. 1 Machop Fan

None, really.

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
I... my goal... I don't think I have much to do in my HG now. Only the 100-win-streak of the Battle Tower challenge to go! I'll do it. I'll do it.

As for my Platinum, I need to finish it before BW are out!

Battle tower on my Diamond; I have to beat the second Palmer with my custom-gimmick- Raichu, else I won't feel happy inside... And get my Competitive team (finaly) done.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
My current goal is beating the Battle Frontier in SoulSilver. I am already 2/3rd of my way through, however.

Well, I already caught 'em all, so I guess to breed lots of Pokemon with good egg moves and maybe use the Masuda Method to get more Shinies. I got my first one from it yesterday: a purple Wobbuffet.

ArcanineShrine014029

HeartGold: To earn the Black trainer card. And the Gold print from the Battle Factory, if the Battle Factory's insane luck-based battles will let me. And after that? I'll be DONE, for a while.

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
My current goal is to complete my Pokedex on SS. I am also looking to obtain lots of shinies and get my Meowth to lv100 so I can start getting the Earthquake TM.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
SS national dex fo sho
therefore I got emerald and HG on gamefly to fill some holes

BuizelPidgeot

To catch 'em all

gandaf

After the elite four i plan to continue train breed pokemon on my SoulSilver and to Train my 50's to 100 on my Platinum. A continue to give my pokemon random moves set that are unpredictable yet strong.

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
Complete my Pearl's national pokedex (only 12 away)
EV train a powerful team
Collect shinies
Do some real battling with people

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
To have fun, thats what the game is for, and if it involves hacks fair game. (NOTE: I dont play WiFi so no flaming)
Why flame you? I understand, cuz I don't have wifi either. It's so unfair that I'm not gonna have a legit Zoroark when bw come out, so I'll hack a male and female and train only their sons.

Anyway I don't really know. I've only recently started to ev train and shiny hunt :/

Dr. Pepper

Not Mr. Pibb
To be the best, that no one ever was...

No but seriously, I guess it would be just to defeat someone who isn't an NPC

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
It'd be awfully handy if they put a checkpoint, of sorts, in the Frontier facilities, so you didn't have to always fight fourteen battles against Pichus and Pidgeys after losing in high rounds. I don't know; just some way to make the facilities less frusttrating. I don't buy into the "frustration is necessary to make it challenging" mantra they seem to have.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

Karpi

Forever a pirate
My goal ever since Ruby and Sapphire came out: get a 100 win streak in the battle tower on some game

That hasn't happened yet... Speaking of which, I am currently trying to run through it with Swampert/Dodrio/Milotic on Sapphire version

Any advice? I am willing to replace someone if it will help a lot.

Last edited:

ddthejj

Oddish lover
Well, gotta catch 'em all, right?
I wish to get every pokemon on the national dex and to get my five main pokemon to lvl 100.