• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your dream job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
My dream job is to be a social science researcher or the very least a research assistant. I love learning and studying about society and how it has changed over time. There are also many interesting theories about how societies function such as conflict theory.

I am actually studying Sociology and have taken a few research classes and have enjoyed a majority of my Soc classes. I remember the first time I took a research methods class (which was a requirement ). I loved it! Before, I was always interested in Sociology and learning about how society functions but I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do. Now, I know I want to go into the research aspect of Sociology!

With all that being said, what is your dream job? Or maybe you're already living it! ;)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Full time video game programmer that has a part time job of being a drag queen at night. I’ve always wanted to create a video game and I know that I could be a pretty successful drag queen given my creativity and ability to lip sync to over 80 different songs accurately.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Full time video game programmer that has a part time job of being a drag queen at night. I’ve always wanted to create a video game and I know that I could be a pretty successful drag queen given my creativity and ability to lip sync to over 80 different songs accurately.

That sounds like quite a creative job! That's awesome!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I have two dream jobs to be honest - real estate agent/property developer and IT hardware and software designer/programmer.

Since the pandemic I've taken a huge interest in seeing amazing properties, both flats and mansions, as well as houses for the average family. I'd love to have my own place and a few rental properties before retiring somewhere in Europe (depending on how the UKs relationship is with the EU, I might just move to the EU if I can. America is not really an option despite housing being cheaper, it would be hard to enter). I'm not after a £150m mansion or something that will put me in billionaire or multi-millionaire category but just have enough in life that I can be pleased with the space I have and hopefully raise a family.

As for IT hardware designer/programmer, basically what it says. It's again, something I've taken a big interest in (well technology in general). Video game design would be a pretty nice job, particulary if your name is behind some of the biggest titles, such as Zelda, Halo, Witcher III, etc etc. The industry kind of sucks though with how much corporations are exploiting their employees. So I would love to be in the hardware/software industry for the video game developers to work with. Whether that's NVidia's graphic cards and the latest developments in ray-tracing, or AMD's CPU technological advancements to eclipse Intel's stranglehold on the market to even MSI/Razer/ASUS/Dell PCs and laptops and peripherals, such as increasing the frame rate and resolution for hardcore gamers and content creators.

I did have dreams to be a football/soccer player but I'm too old at this point and to be honest, I think if I were talented enough, I'd let the fame and fortune get to my head and splash the cash. It's only recently I've started being more conservative with my spending and thinking about retirement (which is a good 40 years away).

Nyter

Island Challenger
In my dreams, I don't have a job lol

But if I had to have a job, I think I would be a professional dancer or Corporate in the Aviation Field (which is the field I currently worked in and studied for).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My dream job is becoming a therapist. I naturally like helping people out and I think empathy is one of my greatest traits. I have always been the “dad” of my friend group who gives people advice, look out for them, and support them through tough times. I’m no saint but helping as many people to have a good life as I can would make me feel like my time on this planet was worthwhile.

Falon

I have had an office job before. But because of the coronavirus, I lost it, unfortunately. This was a big blow to me. I didn't know where I was going to get the money. But a friend of mine advised me to try a new field. I started working for . It is amazing! Now I earn good money and I can say this is my dream job

Sanron228

I would like to start working for myself. I've been working for different firms for a long time. I had scandals, layoffs. I didn't like that staff. My dream is to become independent from everyone. I recently bought a cryptocurrency and follow its development with the help of the website https://cryptex.net/trade/USDT20PM. I am waiting for when I can increase my capital. I hope I will succeed.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I don’t have a “dream job”, per se but rather I have “dream working conditions” so to speak.
My dream job is one where I work from home AND never once in my life have to orally communicate with someone. Or show my face to anyone and/or use Zoom, Skype, etc.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly I kinda go back and forth between psychiatrist or software engineer but my current major is Computer Science.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I would probably trade in my job as a garbage cleaner (which involves throwing emptied cardboard boxes into a compactor) for my local supermarket. Sure It's easy but i seriously hate it since small fragments from boxes can litter up the area easily and i get yelled at if i'm not fast. The current store manager is a very nitpicky about it.

I'm alone in this and since i only work 4 hours it's stressful. It's not in random shift work, just 8 to 12 in the mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.