• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite 2014 3DS Game?

Favorite 2014 3DS Game

• Mario Golf: World Tour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshi's New Island

• Yoshi's New Island

• Total voters

Aurath8

Bravely Default. But the poll is obviously going to have a bias towards Pokemon. It probably should have been "besides Pokemon, what is your favorite 2014 3DS game"

If we did that, then Smash would dominate instead. I'd much prefer the two-horse race for the title here.

EDIT: Also, I know we have Codename STEAM and Majora's Mask on the way, but do we have any other titles to look forward to next year on 3DS?

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
EDIT: Also, I know we have Codename STEAM and Majora's Mask on the way, but do we have any other titles to look forward to next year on 3DS?
There's Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate coming early this year (my brother is impatiently waiting for it xD). Xenoblade Chronicles port (New 3DS only). Would be a charm if it comes here in the West.

oh yeah and Pokemon Z/X2/Y2/whatever for more speculation

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
For me, it's a bit obvious, but it's Super Smash Brothers for the 3DS! Despite not actually playing it...yet. XP

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
ORAS and SSB3DS were both a bit disappointing. I waited forever for the Layton/Phoenix crossover and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
ORAS and SSB3DS were both a bit disappointing. I waited forever for the Layton/Phoenix crossover and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I agree with SSB3DS. The circle pad movement was way too sensitive, the computer's AI was really broken even at the lowest difficulty setting, the voice acting on some of the characters like Fox or Capt. Falcon were pretty bad, and they added the worst character ever to be made into the franchise which I refuse to name because the name itself makes me want to smash anything close by. Another forum asked users what they thought and just because I complained about the one character, this one user acted like I never gave the game a chance. I tried and had the game for close to two months and I was beginning to get annoyed with it. Plus I was still stuck on the first achievement page after about 200 hours of gameplay over a month and a half. I'd say that I TRIED the game.

KillerDraco

Super Smash Bros. was mine. I found no problems with it, and it actually played a lot better on the 3DS than I expected. It was also a lot better than OR/AS in my opinion, since OR/AS was only a remake and was not particularly inspiring for me. I spent more time on Super Smash Bros. than any other game for the 3DS that came out this year, so that tends to tell the tale.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I voted for Bravely Default, I enjoyed the story (well until you had to do it all again -.- ), and the characters were very well thought out and developed. I loved the scenery and the open world you could explore, as well as the large variety of environments encasing many species of enemy. If I had gotten ORAS (I am going to get it after my PC DEFINITELY), then I think that would have snagged top vote, as Hoenn was my first and favourite generation (I still regularly play RS). However, going by what I actually own, Bravely Default wins it. I am actually really looking forward to the sequel.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I voted for Bravely Default, I enjoyed the story (well until you had to do it all again -.- ), and the characters were very well thought out and developed. I loved the scenery and the open world you could explore, as well as the large variety of environments encasing many species of enemy. If I had gotten ORAS (I am going to get it after my PC DEFINITELY), then I think that would have snagged top vote, as Hoenn was my first and favourite generation (I still regularly play RS). However, going by what I actually own, Bravely Default wins it. I am actually really looking forward to the sequel.

If 2 of the last replays were either cut or heavily modified I'd rank it even higher, but every time the characters (not main 4) fall into the same molds even when you think they might be different in this world (they almost got it with Qada in that one time until he revealed it was a facade).

Mangle

Hello
Tomodachi Life hands down. Certainly the one I played the most this year. I would have said Triple Deluxe but I'm a huge Kirby fan so it would seem biased.

Least favorite 2014 3DS game would have to be ORAS, not trying to cause drama but it just felt bland, and this is coming from someone who liked the GBA Hoenn games.

Tangeh

This is kind of an awkward poll for me because a lot of those games I'm planning on getting but just... haven't done it yet. >_> The only one on that poll that I own is ORAS and I mostly feel "meh" about it. Which is what I expected because I hate remakes and don't see the point of them if it's a game I already own. But I regretted not getting HGSS because everyone said how great it was... oh well, I tried. ;-; It guess it would be great for kids or the small portion of older pokemon fans who've never played RSE?

Smash for Wii U was a great game. I tried a demo for 3DS and felt that the controls were super awkward (and this is coming from an owner of a 3DSXL and somebody who prefers wii remote + nunchuck to GC controller), but to each their own I guess.

I voted "other" - other being "Fantasy Life". Which I've only put maybe eight hours into but I like it better than ORAS so. xD

I want to get a PL game under my belt before I try out Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright - but I LOVE the latter series. The demo of Tomodachi Life was surprisingly fun, but not something I wanted to unload a lot of money on - maybe I'll pick it up if the price drops. I didn't like the Bravely Default demo but I've heard such wonderful things about it that I eventually want to get it anyways. I wouldn't mind trying out Yoshi's New Island (which is on the poll twice fyi) or Kirby: Triple Deluxe either, even though I generally don't like platformers I do remember liking Yoshi's Island and I've always wanted to try a Kirby game so. xD

Last edited:

kazbel

3DS has a lot of games that I enjoyed. My personal favorites are ORAS, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem Awakening, Bravely Default, and Fantasy Life, but I realize that's about half of the 3DS' JRPG library right there. Personally going to have to give my vote to Persona Q, just because I love Persona, I love dungeon crawlers, and I love cute artwork. Bravely and ORAS are tied for second, just because Bravely's music and art makes up for its bad writing, and Pokemon because it's Pokemon.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Being honest 2014 was pretty weak in the 3ds department for me. ORAS also did nothing for me (and no Battle Frontier didn't help) and had already played Bravely Default in 2013.

Will go with Smash Bros though as that game played better than I expected. Plus I've also logged around 80+ hours on it (idk how).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I voted Super Smash Bros. A great roster, a neat stages, custom moves, and the music were the highlights for me. Shovel Knight and Shantae & the Pirate's Curse are both tied for second. I haven't completed both yet but they're fantastic platformers that shouldn't be missed.

ORAS was OK in my opinion. While I enjoyed the DexNav, Soaring, and the Delta Episode, it didn't keep me entertained as much as XY did and it pales in comparison to the three I mentioned personally.

Tl;dr imo SSB3DS -> Shovel Knight = Shantae -------> ORAS.