• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite animal

3D992

The Living Hologram
I really love to watch wolves on documentaries and such. Zoos and even Wildlife Preserves don't do wild wolves justice though, so I haven't actually seen a worthwhile wolf IRL. They are really cool though.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Birds of all kinds, thogh especially large birds of prey (and cute little ones that fit on your palm because adjdard cuteness.)

When I was a kid, I also used to be a huge fan of cheetahs and foxes. Still like 'em, but birds take the cake.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
My definite favourite animal is the raven. Yes, ravens, NOT crows. Specifically because of all the mythology surrounding them. They represent trickery, magic, and both darkness and light, which especially makes sense since I believe so strongly in the harmony between the two. Oh, and the Teen Titan and Edgar Allan Poe poem named after it elevated the raven's status on my favourite animal list quite a bit as well.

But I have a few runner-ups:
Spider - I've liked them a lot ever since I was a kid, and I blame Charlotte's Web and James and the Giant Peach (and later, Arukenimon). Plus I find it really amusing that people are so afraid of them. One time in high school I actually threw a fit because someone killed a spider. And nowadays I always rescue spiders that are walking in high foot-traffic areas or stuck in bathtubs.
Dragonfly - My definite favourite insect. I really like how they dart around and how their wings are designed, and also how they catch harmful insects (mid-air, no less) like flies and mosquitoes. I always try to look for them when I'm walking near a pond or any body of still water.
Owl - My interest in them has resurfaced with both Harry Potter and my general interest in dark stuff, and their association with witches (Latin Strigidae = owl family, striga = witch). As the owl is one of the birds associated with the underworld (this is also true of ravens), this makes sense. There are few things more calming than hearing one while walking through the woods at nightfall. The only exception is that I don't really care for barn owls much. Probably because they don't hoot or look as intimidating as other owls.
Cat - My definite favourite domestic animal, and always the one I prefer as a pet (I currently have two of them). Sure, I get that many people don't like their claws or independent nature. But still...

Last edited: