• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite animated Disney film?

As many of you might already know, Doug Walker A.K.A. The Nostalgia Critic did a collection of videos he titled Disneycember. After watching these reviews, I have to say they were very informative and very interesting. I found myself agreeing and sometimes disagreeing with some of the points Doug made. So I was wondering what all of you think is the best animated Disney film. For those of you wondering, that does not include Pixar films.

Mine would have to be Beauty and the Beast. I love Belle. In my opinion she is the best Disney Princess. I love the Beast. I love Gaston who is more of a realistic villain. The side characters are all good. The music is the best in any Disney film. I love the message and I love the animation.

Your turn.

Lanik

Mine would be the Emperor's New Groove. Kuzco, Kronk and Yzma were great characters in my opinion. I like how Patrick Warburton was the one who voiced Kronk (he sounds like Joe Swanson from Family Guy). Eartha Kitt, the woman who voiced Yzma, was so good at playing the villain. She also voiced Vexus from My Life as a Teenage Robot. What's more, the comedy scenes in the movie was very hilarious.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Guess this isn't Poll-material...

I'm going to divide this into two categories: 2-D traditional animation, and 3-D digital animation.

For traditional animation, it's really hard to say. I love many of the Disney films, helps I grew up on them. If I was any younger, I'd say The Little Mermaid is my favorite of the 2-D animated films, but ever since I saw The Hunchback of Notre Dame for the first time last year...ish, it's in my opinion a superior film. It really goes to show just how far Disney can go in a kid's film, and I admire them for that, and it's such a shame they will back away from dark themes like this. Frollo is one of the most vile villains they've come up with in recent times, and is thus one of my favorite villains of all time. Heck, Disney must love making awesome, evil villains, they just haven't yet made a more darker, realistic villain than him. Here's to hoping they will in the future.

I also love the soundtrack. Really powerful stuff.

For 3-D animated films, it's definitely Wreck-It Ralph thus far. I'd gush about it for as long as I have other times, but I risk giving away spoilers. So I'm just going to say that I really love the characters and writing in this movie, it truly does have a heart and soul. Not that other Disney movies don't have a soul as well, I just feel Wreck-It Ralph is much more alive, and it's not because of the recent technology (though that helped in bringing out the emotions, kudos to the animators) or the source material.

coolminun

Banned
This is really tough. It's between the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and The Lion King. I'd have to say The littlemermaid though. I'm a marine biology major, so I've had plenty of dreams of swimming and talking with fish as a merman. Also, some of the best music in Disney history IMO. "Part of your world" is breathtakingly beautiful, "Poor unfortunate souls" is great, and nobody can deny how awesome "Under the sea" is. Singing it in my head as I type this XD

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
Mine would be the Emperor's New Groove. Kuzco, Kronk and Yzma were great characters in my opinion. I like how Patrick Warburton was the one who voiced Kronk (he sounds like Joe Swanson from Family Guy). Eartha Kitt, the woman who voiced Yzma, was so good at playing the villain. She also voiced Vexus from My Life as a Teenage Robot. What's more, the comedy scenes in the movie was very hilarious.

^ This just sums up my feelings on this movie. I feel its been neglected by some people because its not A fantasy movie nor a Disney Princess movie. But it is my second favorite Disney movie next to Fantasia. That movie combines superb animation with beautiful movie to make a masterpiece. It is in my top 10 favorite movies of all time for a reason. I saw it for the first time since ai was very young in January of this year and I completely fell in love with it.

-Espada-

Spirit. i actually cried watching it.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

i love that movie, but i must say my favorite is the great mouse detective.
(supprise, supprise)

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I was going to say Wall-E, but since Pixar movies are somehow not considered Disney films I'll have to go with 101 Dalmations.

.:NobleArcanine:.

Thoroughly Wicked
My favorite is either Aladdin or Hercules. Both of the soundtracks are fantastic, and i don't care what anyone thinks Robin Williams is a great Genie.

BlueDragonfangirl

Its a tie, Aladdin and the Little Mermaid. For me, both films were awesome and had great endings, now I feel like watching it them againXD