• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite city/town?

Sapphire Milotic

Mine would definitely be The Under or Agate City (one with lots of water). I really like The Under because of the music and how they have a whole city growing down there with some powerful and evil people. It is just pretty cool, but I also like that place with that multi-purpose gym in it, I think it is called Agate City, and it is pretty cool and you meet that freaky guy there that is levitating and stuff. xD

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Might be a tad Pollish, but happy to keep it here to generate more discussion and all that jazz. Just try to keep posts more then short one-liners people, and maybe expand away from just 'i like this that and that place'. -_-

I too like the Under - who doesn't like underground cities of molemen - err, people? Music was nice and 'dark' too, pity it was closed in XD. I feel for the NPC who showed disappointment over it. Pyrite town also had a good, roughneck town feel, and nice music too. Might go on more about the other places later though.

And SM, you're thinking of Phenac City there methinks, not Agate Village. Agate has the relic stone and green hills everwhere (and some water) - Phenac City has the fountain and water every which way and Pre Gym. And by 'freaky guy'... erm...
the Mayor Es Cade? (also known as Evice, who jumps in the air and levitates at the end of the game... sorry if I'm wrong, but the only other leviating thing in the game I can remember is the Castform)

I think my faves would be Agate Village and Phenac, they just seem so visually appealing to me... I think the water really helps that, and the purification stone thing in Agate looks so cool =]

Angeling

true love
Yes, do keep your posts to more than saying what city is your favorite. Do elaborate and explain yourselves.

As for me, I really liked Phenac City in both Colosseum and XD, mostly for the water aspect as everyone else said. I'm a water kind of person, or at least water lover (though somehow that doesn't really apply in Pokémon types). I feel at ease with water, so in a way, it's a personal thing to be fond of Phenac City.

The Under was really cool too, but I can't say it's a favorite of mine because I was creeped out the first time I went there.. but it was tragic that they removed it in the sequel: XD.

I also like the protagonist(Ryuuto)'s headquarters, only because of the technological/modern look and feel it has, yet it is also a home. Though that strikes to me as odd as well, but it's still like a 'home' to me, or my character.

I think that would be all for me, for now anyway.

My chain of thought about my favourite city has eventuated in a stalemate. The Under has great atmosphere (Music, gringyness etc), it was actually a little creepy when I was in it for the first time. It also has some cool things in it: Colosseum, abandoned station, and the Kid News Center place. While it was sad for the Under to not be included in XD, it helped preserve the memory of one of the greatest cities ever.

Phenac City was also great. Certainly, the most relaxing and peaceful city in Orre, it just exuded calm. The water made it stand out from all other cites, I believe that it is one of the most recognisable cities in the Pokemon franchise, due to how differently it has been created, and all the actitivities that the people in it get up to (Mr Castform is still getting nowhere, Mr Mayor and his waddling... Classic).

Rannoyin

sing your story
I like Gateon and Pyrite. I'm not too sure why.

I wish there was a day and night function on these games. I bet a lot of places would of looked pretty at night... like Pyrite having a ton of city lights, while Phenac's fountains could like... glow or something.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
I liked Agate village the most, because I just seem to feel at home there, it reminds me a lot of the little town I live in; that just happens to be in a very woodland region, plus I found it cool that it has people living in Giant trees and that it has a magical rock with the power to purify pokemon. And of course it has a Celebi visitor every now and then.

Pyrite, if only because of the bad*** air that permeated the place. Loved the whole gangster, mob formation hidden in the cliffside, and I just thought that the town in and of itself, from the houses to the colosseum, looked awesome. And the music was catchy.

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
I liked Agate for the mystical surrounding of it. The music was cool, and the mysterious tree and people who lived there was calming and creative.

In Colosseum, the purifying of the pokemon was a nice addition, but it is agreeable that in XD it was easier. Agate was a town of many things important in the game. :B

Torpoleon

My favorite is agate town.That is because of the relic stone and the place is mystical and interesting.

TrainerxDiana

I'd pick Agate Town but when someone reminds you of your grandpa there it's a bit creepy...

And anyway, something about the toughness of Pyrite Town is cool in both Colosseum and XD.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
the best town was definitly either Pyrite Town in Col. or Agate Village, whether or not Gramps pikachu was at a horrible level for a pokemon hes had his whole life

esm8m

Pokémaniac
Phenac City is definitely my favorite, probably due to all the water. It saddened me that it was not possible to play in Phenac Colosseum in XD.

Pyrite is also interesting, and has a very different feel than any other city in the Pokémon games. I also like how its description is somewhat along the lines of 'an honorable city of thugs and ruffians'. Somewhat of a contradiction...

Agate has its merits, but has too little of interest to really be close to my favorite. Gateon is in a similar position.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
My favorite town is Phenac city

The water looked great, the city was pretty big, the Phenac stadium is one of the best colosseums the game has to offer, and best of all, there was a gym in the center where you had the opportunity to battle Pre-gym leader Justy.

The under is also my favorite city/town. The underground look was almost perfect and the music fitted the dark, eerie atmosphere of the Under. I also liked the colloseum and had alot of fun battling the Chiper Admins. The idea of using discs to move the UFO was a decent idea and I enjoyed reaching some of the hidden areas( i.e the top of the windmill.) for the sake of finding any good items.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Like the majority in this thread, Agate Village was a personal favorite of mine. It was useful with the Day Care, the free berries, the Relic Stone, and the scents. I enjoyed the green, a nice break from the barren Orre wasteland, and the roughneck feel of Pyrite.

Phenac was a favorite of mine because of the water, in the middle of nowhere btw, and I fully enjoyed the music. The coloseum was well built, and next to Realgam Tower, it was the most yo-to-date coloseum in Orre (as of Pokemon Coloseum).

As for in XD, the ONBS station was a nice update for Pyrite. I like the use of Miror B's old Hideout, all though I can't remember: can you enter the cave in XD where you battled Miror B?

I enjoyed Realgam Tower in both games for it's modern feel, and the music was also pretty cool. The overall layout was annoying, esoecially with the moving platforms.

Cipher Key Lair was just plain cool, a 3D Rhombus that rotated is just plain cool! I liked the layout, and the whole idea that this was the center of the action pretty much.

Citadark Isle was another great addition to XD. Not only was it great for the game's climax, but it had more of a bad*** feel to it than the Mystery Lab, which I liked just as much.

Tyranitarphantom

seems so familiar...
The Under was my personal favorite in Colo. The simple fact that it was a flourishing, yet dark town, underground made it practically my home in Orre.

With it's removal in XD, my new fav was Gateon Port. Idk, port towns make me happy, like Lilycove, Vermilion, and Slateport. It's laid-back music and feel, not to mention how it's the scene of the final battle against Miror B. makes it my XD No. 1.

Pyrite was ok to me, too much of a dry feel for my liking. Phenac was cool, pretty much in every way, but the brightness of it bothered me. Agate is nice and green, but well....I'd probly live there if i was old (yeah, i know thats the purpose)

I also feel an odd attachment to Cipher Lab.....

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I haven't played Colosseum in such a long time (and I've never played XD: Gale of Darkness)...but my favorite places in the game are The Under, Agate Village, and Realgam Tower. My reasons: The Under had its display of neon lights and the usage of the UFO, Agate Village had some water surroundings and had the mystical look, and lastly, Realgam Tower had some awesome music in the entrance and I enjoyed those fights with Nascour and Evice at the top (in which the music used in the Evice fight was pretty awesome).