1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite feature of gen 5?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Alexander18, Jun 24, 2016.

?

What features of Gen 5 do you like?

1. Black City/White Forest

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Join Avenue

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Pokemon World Tournament

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  4. Pokestar Studios

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Battle Subway

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Funfeast Missions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Royal Unova

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Abyssal Ruins

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. Pokemon Musicals

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. Other

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

So what is your favorite feature of gen 5 and why? Mine is Black Tower in Black 2 because it has the only Gible you can get in generation five games.

2. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The World Tournament is one of my favourite additions to the games of all time (definitely my number one Battle facility). Being able to fight Gym Leaders from a variety of regions in one game had been one of my biggest hopes and dreams for a long time, so I was ecstatic when I learned about the World Tournament in B2W2.

I've spent so much time at the PWT - it's fun and has been a great way for me to earn BP.

3. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Join Avenue by far, it has made training weaker Pokemon and hatching Eggs much easier, and the Market has some unique items like Max Revive.
    The PWT is also great, but I really don't like any of the the remixed Gym Battle themes it uses.

4. EspNeon

EspNeon Badge Collector

Gen 5 had alot of great features.

I liked the PWT since I was able to battle Gym Leaders and Champions from the past and present regions whilst using modern movesets and Pokemon.
    I also like the musical since it was similar to Pokemon Contests but provided a slight twist in that you could customise your own outfits/attire for the Pokemon that you enter.

I did however, vote for Join Avenue. I felt that managing an avenue was new and refreshing, but also something I'd never really expected in a Pokemon Game. It was also cool that you could additionally choose whether you wanted a stall in the avenue or not, so there was no obligation to include stalls that were of no use to you.

5. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

I love all the gen 5 features but The world tournament takes the cake.

6. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

The PWT takes the cake from my perspective cuz of the ability to challenge gym leaders and champions from old games. The Pokestar Studios place is a close second tho since it was such a unique feature.

7. Not sure if this counts as a feature like above but I did like how TMs became unlimited use.
    Also, wild Audino in every route with tall grass made leveling up tons easier.

When it comes to ones listed above, Abyssal Ruins was neat, now that I finally was able to get to the three three rooms in them. Granted, I looked it up how I had to get there, but to me, it still felt good to finally investigate those three other rooms.

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Black City/White Forest. Having the ability to catch more non-Isshu Pokemon or battle more trainers in Black/White was great.

9. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I can't decide. I like almost every single feature from Gen 5, and I don't think I can pick just one single favorite. Instead, I'll list all the ones I like, sorted after category.

Battle Facilities: The Battle Subway was a great improvement over the Battle Tower. The Battle Institute was pretty cool. The PWT was awesome, and Black Tower/White Treehollow were fantastic.

Minigames: The Musicals, Pokestar Studios and Funfest Missions are my top three favorite minigames in the series. I'm a big fan of the Entralink Missions from B/W and the Xtransciever minigames from B2/W2 too.

New Battle modes and Mechanics: Triple and Rotation Battles, Shaking Spots, Double Grass. Great new battle styles and new types of wild Pokemon encounters.

Other things: Join Avenue, Dream World (when it was still up an running, how I miss it!), unlimited TMs, Seasons, Musical changes (some areas have different music depending on the season, instruments can be added in some areas, the music changes against a Gym Leader's last Pokemon, unique Gym themes for every Gym in B2/W2), version differences in areas and layouts, Unova Link with Easy/Challenge Mode, Pass Powers and the Medal system. Even minor things like seeing the sun shine for a split second when you exit a building during the daytime in B2/W2.

I have probably forgotten a lot of things, but these are on top of my head. B/W and B2/W2 have some of the best features in the series in my opinion, I'm missing many of them when I'm playing Gen 6. And writing this post made me miss Gen 5 as a whole too... it makes me want to go back and play B/W and B2/W2 again.

10. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Let's GOOO~

It's a tie between the PWT, Black City/White Forest and the Pokéstar Studios due to interesting concepts. What I found interesting about the PWT was that I could challenge Gym Leaders and Champions from other regions. With Black City/White Forest, the ability to find wild Pokémon from other regions (Pokémon White) was of an great interest to me and the Black Tower/White Treehollow of B2W2 were interesting to me because once I've defeated Benga, I could obtain a shiny Gible or a shiny Dratini in Black 2 or White 2 respectively (plus out of this world level grinding in White Treehollow by battling Breeders, who use Pokémon from the Chansey line). With Pokéstar Studios, I found the concept of movie-making interesting and I easily got absorbed into it, eventually leading to completion.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  11. Aquarelle

I really liked the Black Tower & White Treehollow as well. They're probably my second favourite BW2 additions after the World Tournament. They were great for training and exploring, plus they gave me a reason to spend time in Black City/White Forest (didn't spend too much time in those places in the first games).

But this:
    explains why the Treehollow was my favourite of the two places for training Pokemon.

12. Kennith

Kennith Banned

I like the Black Tower and White Treehollow. A great place to train and you get shiny pokemon as an award.

13. SuicuneMei

SuicuneMei hiii

WORLD TOURNAMENT WAS SUPER FUN!! I also loved Pokestar Studios alot as a kid!!

14. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

The World Tournament was definitely my favorite new feature of this generation. I loved creating new teams based around a single type and thinking of new strategies with those teams. The old gym leaders returning was also pretty cool. :p

15. rmctagg09

rmctagg09 Wandering Researcher

The PWT, Join Avenue, and White Treehollow/Black Tower.

16. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

Join Avenue hand down: The reason is that I'm a fan of side quests and stuff like that in the games so I loved upgrading my Avenue's shops. :)

17. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Join Avenue. I was enjoying seeing how many people passed through and leveling up my shops.

Also the Black Tower/White Treehollow. It definitely was a challenge to me. I kinda cheated by bringing my BW team over because my BW2 team felt a little underwhelming :c It did help reach level 100 quicker and also it still felt satisfying defeating it after so long.

18. Aquarelle

This has to be one of my favourite additions to the games. Being able to use TMs over and over has made team building so much easier for me. I love giving my Pokemon whatever TM moves I want without worrying about having to trade a copy of an unbuyable TM from one of my other games.

19. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

Pokemon World Tournament. I alsom like Pokestar Studios and Black City/White Forest.

Being honest, I would've voted for unlimited TMs if it was an option.

20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

Pokemon World Tournament. I still hope it returns one day

Pokestar Studios would be a close second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.