• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite feature of the Gen IV games?

What is your favorite feature of Sinnoh?

• Distortion World

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Battle Frontier (Tower in DP)

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Battle Ground

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Resort House

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Poketch

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Sinnoh Underground

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Super Contests

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Great Marsh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amity Square

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Aquarelle

Staff member
For me, it had to be the Pokétch. It was the most convenient feature of Gen IV because it allowed me to keep track of approximate steps required to hatch Eggs, keep track of EVs when EV training and the roaming legendaries.
Oh yeah, the Poketch is one of my favourite game features ever. I really liked it for the reasons you mentioned - keeping track of steps when egg hatching (I really like knowing how long it took for my eggs to hatch), EV tracking (nice to be able to see the number right there instead of having to keep track of PP or something), roaming legends (SO NICE being able to just look at the bottom screen to see where they are) - plus several other reasons (e.g. drawing using the memo pad or dot artist apps).

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
For me, it was Sinnoh's BF, especially the Battle Hall place since it was the easiest facility to conquer. The Sinnoh Underground was rad, too.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Sinnoh Underground and the Pokéradar! Excavating was the funnest way to get evolution stones out of all of the games and Pokéradar made it fun and easy to get shinies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I kind of like them all, but my main favorite was the Super Contests because of the dress-up round and dancing segment, which made them stand apart from R/S/E's Contests.

I liked the dance round in Sinnoh's contests, tho I was kind of bad at keeping up with the rhythm at first. ^^; I thought that the actual appeal round was too similar to the old one however and the only big change was the number of judges present.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The Distortion World, hands down. I liked every Platinum addition now that I think of it, especially the Battleground because I loved rebattling the Sinnoh Gym Leaders.

Devlin2004

giratina guy
Wow! I just loved these old games! Deciding what my favrouite part would have been is tricky. I found the contests really time consuming. but I loved the distortion world story and the underground. Out of all, the underground wins.

Cat's Eye Draco

For me it's a tie between the Distortion World and the Battle Frontier. The DW because it has a fun puzzle and it was really cool to see your PC walking and surfing around at all these weird angles, and the Battle Frontier because I found the new challenges (especially the Battle Arcade) to be a lot more fun than the ones in Gen 3. (Not to mention being able to rematch the gym leaders in the Survival Area. :D)

Last edited:

thexuberant1

I like all these features, though my favorite is the Battle Frontier. The battle facilities were fun and challenging, but not as ridiculously hard as the Battle Frontier in Gen 3. Plus the Frontier Brain theme is totally awesome! I also like the Distortion World for its cool angles. The Super Contests were really fun and I liked how it was easier in Platinum since you can buy high-quality poffins in the Veilstone Department.

gamer_legend

This.

A free mansion where you can chill with Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and companions... that is awesome. It really is elements like this have always made the Sinnoh games feel like home to me even though HG/SS are my favourites.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
Having your Pokemon walk behind you was so cute and amazing. The Pokemon/trainer interaction was so charming. If it returns in USUM like some people think I'm definitely buying the games.

Daizy

I call you honey
Mine was Seals in DPPt and how we could put them on Poke Balls and customize them. I know most fans neglected them, but to me Seals were an awesome addition.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wow! I just loved these old games! Deciding what my favrouite part would have been is tricky. I found the contests really time consuming. but I loved the distortion world story and the underground. Out of all, the underground wins.

The subterranean tunnels that existed under Shinou seemed like a cool concept to me, but the reliance on wireless communication made the feature too limited from my viewpoint. I also didn't like how getting Mikaruge (Spiritomb) to appear at the Honored Spirit's Tower (Hallowed Tower) was dependent on how many players we met underground.

Daizy

I call you honey
The subterranean tunnels that existed under Shinou seemed like a cool concept to me, but the reliance on wireless communication made the feature too limited from my viewpoint. I also didn't like how getting Mikaruge (Spiritomb) to appear at the Honored Spirit's Tower (Hallowed Tower) was dependent on how many players we met underground.

The Underground could be played even without the wireless feature though, which is what made it so handy. I loved digging for Fossils down there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Underground could be played even without the wireless feature though, which is what made it so handy. I loved digging for Fossils down there.

True, but it felt lacking with only a few obstacles in the way. The various traps were a challenge if stepped on by accident, but the Shinou Underground was meant to be used with other players.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Walking Pokemon, the Kanto Post Game and the Gym Leader rematches.

I just wish that the Gym Leader rematches in HG/SS weren't such a drag since they require collecting phone numbers, and then having to call each Gym Leader at certain times of the day, which is irritating.