• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite Johto Starter of HGSS?

Favorite Johto Starter of HGSS

• Chikorita

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Totodile

Votes: 54 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I definitely like all three to a certain degree, my favorite's gotta be Cyndaquil (mostly cause I think it's the cutest.) With other starter evolution lines from various Gens, there's often a stage in there that I'm less crazy about, but I actually love the Cyndaquil family's designs all the way through.

I used one in my first run though SoulSilver, and I'm using one right now in a HeartGold Nuzlocke. As others have mentioned, "Eruption" is incredible - it's been destroying Trainer after Trainer as I journey through Kanto, including wiping out Lt. Surge's entire team.

Last edited:

Bananarama

The light is coming
Like most of the time, I have to go for the Water type, Totodile. I love it's cute design and I always choose it as my starter.

Also, I just love it in the anime. The episode where Ash and Misty fight over Totodile has to be one of my favorites.

I'll say Cyndaquil, yet I can't really vote for one favorite, because the file I have on my Soulsilver, even at this point in time, is still the original file from when I started it back in 2010.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Mine is Chikorita. It's adorable. and I prefer the gentler nature of the line.

Yes I know, it's typing is not helpful in Johto, but I always chose it.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
I my is Chikorita, I love its shiny I remember the first time I managed to MM one of the starters I guess that is why I hold above the others.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Apart from Chikorita I think Totodile is my second favourite Johto starter mostly cuz of how Ash's Totodile acted which made the species cuter to me ha ha. :)

jvboytheman

Roaming World Champ
I always go for Cyndaquil, because of nostalgia reasons and the fact that I love using him in OU metagame lately (Eruption sweep!)

Enjolras

Master of the House
Chikorita is freaking adorable. I really do like all of them, though.

Which ever one comes out shiny lol. So far Ive gotten shiny cyndaquil and 2 shiny chikoritas.

Cutty

Forever now
I always love water starter I dunno why.

I'm feeling the urge to restart & play my HG/SS again. I'll play HeartGold :D

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Cyndaquil because it's so darn cute and it evolves into quilava which is my second favorite second stage starter after dewott =)

Solid Cyndaquil

Drying Pan Wielder
Cyndaquil it's my favourite Pokémon

Pikachu52

Cyndaquil by a long shot, mainly because it evolves into Quliava which I love. Quilava's one of the best designed Pokémon ever, it has such a cute face and perfect body. They used to be my second favourite Pokémon and my favourite starter until Oshawott stole it's crown.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Although it's unpopular opinion, I like Chikorita the most out of the Johto starters, although I think that's more because of Ash's Chikorita in the anime than anything lol.

Nintendo543

I really like Cyndaquil and Totodile. Totodile is really powerful when it is fully evolved, and using Eruption with Typhlosion is so much fun!

I really didn't like Chikorita much, it has an okay design, but the final evolution looks so bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.