• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite Johto Starter of HGSS?

Favorite Johto Starter of HGSS

• Chikorita

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Totodile

Votes: 54 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeaidan

Wake me up inside
Cyndaquil, me and my sister always used to battle each other with them back when HG/SS was the newest game. Good times.

Vroomer

For my first playthrough, I have taken on Cyndaquil. Next time, I am not sure who I will pick. Leaning toward the water one.

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Totodile right now would be my favorite of the 3 if we're talking no evolutions. Best design of the 3 baby forms. Quilava though is my favorite of any of them though. Think he's the best NFE fire starter form. So I would pick Cyndaquil overall just slightly over Toto for that reason.

UmbreonRanger

Pokemon Theorist
Totodile is the best in my opinion because it's adorable and can learn a variety of moves.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Chikorita, as it was my first ever Pokemon (although i lost my original soul silver game :/). It has a pretty lackluster form, however it will remain forever perfect in my mind <3

LePetitMeow

Cyndaquil hands down. My favorite starter Pokemon of any generation. In fact, HG/SS are STILL my fav games out of the franchise as a whole, but this cuddly fire mouse Pokemon is by far the cutest and feisty of the bunch!

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Cyndaquil was my favorite Johto starter. I really liked it's design and moveset the best and it was the one I had the most fun using when playing through HGSS.

Poke'Master4389

Replaying 6th Gen
Cyndaquil. I hatched a shiny one in my Japanese diamond in 2009, just sent it to my recently bought US heart gold this week 7 years later, replaying the game for the first time since 2010 lol

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

Mine was cyndaquill coz i thought this one's worth raising
it proved 'yes' when it evolved and learned eruption which is deadly
second is totodile i like the name and it's fully evolved form

Kanto_Caper

Cyndaquil! <3

Totodile is a close second.

I also really like Chikorita, but she loses final choice points since I don't find her final evolution as cool as Cyndi's and Toto's.

Last edited:

Lunala

Banned
I find Chikorita unappealing. Cyndaquil and Totodile are cute in their base forms and I like their final stages.

Totodile, without doubt! He is the only starter that doesn't need to evolve in my playthroughs. I like him the way he is and the only plusside to evolution would be more power.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Chikorita for me, I've always had a thing for Grass types, even though it's weak to quite a lot of Johto gyms, and it also doesn't get Sleep Powder. I guess dual screens and aromatherapy by leveling up is kind of nice though, it's primarily a supporter.

Ampharosity

Electric Enthusiast
I'd have to say *Totodile*. I love its design, and its move pull is pretty useful in Johto, especially Ice Fang! It totally destroys your rivals Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium. I chose Totodile on my first playthrough of HeartGold and have loved it ever since. My vote goes for Totodile!

Good point! I never thought Meganium as a supporter Pokemon! I'll keep that in mind when I make another competitive team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kennith

Banned
I say either Totodile or Cyndaquil because they both good to use for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.