• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite Kalos starter?

Favorite Kalos starter

• Chespin

Votes: 39 22.5%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Froakie

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This is basically about what your favorite Kalos starter is and why?

My favourite is Froakie because it looks great as a Greninja and is pretty fast.
The runner up is Fennekin because it is a fire starter that didn't evolve into a fire/fighting pokemon and Delphox looks cool with it's wand.

grey wing

Johto League Champ
I like Froakie mainly because it evolves into Greninja (I'm partial to dark types, and I almost always pick the water starter).
Chespin would be my second choice since it's really cute and I like that it ultimately gets a cool grass/fighting typing.
I was initially really excited when Fennekin's design was released, but I was very disappointed with Delphox's design. I wanted them to keep the more animal-like design of Fennekin rather than the more humanoid form they ultimately went with.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked Froakie since at initial look, it looked cooler than the other Kalos starters, I liked it that it fully evolves into a ninja frog Greninja and that Greninja is in Ubers.

Fennekin and Froakie.

Fennekin because it (along with Braixen) is pretty cute. :)
Froakie because it evolves into a ninja frog. :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Truthfully, it's a tie between Fennekin and Froakie for me. I didn't like Froakie much at first, but recently I've grown to like it a lot and I've always liked Fennekin as well, so it's hard to pick just one favorite. :x

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Definitely Froakie since Water is my favourite type and I liked the ninja-like look of its final evolution, getting Protean as a hidden ability is basically icing on the cake. Fennekin comes a close second for the innovative fox mage theme as well as breaking the trend of Fire/Fighting final starter evolutions that started from Gen 3.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Froakie, obviously. It's a really well-designed line, very unique designs between the 3 stages.

I never cared for Chespin line but Chesnaught's really useful in UU matches and Delphox is probably one of my most disliked Pokémon of all time so yeah, Froakie.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Froakie. It's got the best designed evolutions out of the 3 Kalos starters. Plus it evolves into a ninja frog.

I liked Fennekin because I've always loved foxes, but what really drew me in was the secondary Psychic-typing of its final evo. Fans had been asking for a Fighting/Dark/Psychic starter line for years, and we finally got one with XY. I also like how they went with the mage/warrior/rogue theme from typical fantasy RPGs, and mages are always the most OP'd class to play (and thus are always the first to be nerfed into pulp), so picking the mage starter was a no-brainer for me. Even though it turned out that the Rogue-class starter would become the one to enter Ubers tier, I still had fun playing as Delphox in X version.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I like them all but for me, it's definitely Fennekin. I started with Fennekin in my X game and I was surprised at how good Delphox was.

Chespin is defintiely the runner up and majority of the reason of is because of Chespin in the anime. I can't count the number of times he's had me cracking up while I was watching, he's just so funny. I honestly couldn't care less about his evolution line, I just love him in the anime.

And finally, Froakie. I feel bad saying he's my least favorite, I prefer to some other starters. I usd Greninja in Y and it was so good. I love it. I just didn't like as much as Fennekin and Chespin. But overall, he's not a bad starter at all.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Fennekin. Soon as I saw it I wanted it as my starter. I love it X3 Its a cute little fox and its evolutions are amazing. I love their battle cries.
Also it was pretty much my second fire starter since I seem to go with Grass most of the time. Chespin just wasn't me <_> Fennekin's second typing on its final evo also made it more awesome, seeing as it was the first time going into another set of strengths and weaknesses within the starters.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I think we all know who's going to win this poll......

On topic, Fennekin hand down. I think the idea of a fox magician is really unique and I really had fun using them. They're all so appealing in their own way; they've become some of my favourite Pokémon to date. Fennekin is cute, Braixen is graceful and Delphox is majestic (I won't lie though, I really think the hatred towards Delphox is unjustified. It does have a fanbase, but it's not as large as it's previous entries, so maybe the haters are just really loud....). The fact they broke the Fire/Fighting trend is plus as well; I was starting to get tired of that.

Chespin is the runner up for me. It was initially my least favourite, but they grew on me over time. Chespin has the cute factor, Chesnaught has the look of an ally you can defend on and Quilladin's derpiness is surprisingly appealing.

Froakie is my least favourite. I like this line, but I like the others a lot more. Frogadier is actually my favourite of this line, it looks sleek. I like Greninja, but I'm not obsessed with it like everyone else is. That tongue scarf really rubs me the wrong way. And Froakie is cute I guess.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Froakie for me. Explained why in the favorite Kalos Pokemon thread so I'll just put it shortly: awesome designs (especially Frogadier and Greninja, but Froakie as well as it has really grown on me compared to when I first saw it), it is useful at all levels in the game, favorite frog Pokemon and favorite Water starter. One thing I forgot to mention there though was its Hidden Ability which I think is really cool, unique and useful. As if the Froakie line wasn't cool enough, that truely makes them extra special.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I love all the Kalos Starters but Froakie is my favorite mostly because i tend to favor water starters

Aquarelle

Staff member
My favourite Kalos starter is Fennekin. When I saw the three starters for the first time, I immediately liked Fennekin's design the most and knew that I would use one on one of the games. I ended up raising one as part of my Y team and loved it. I think Delphox's Fire/Psychic typing is pretty cool.

Froakie is my second favourite Kalos starter, but Greninja is probably my favourite final evolution of the starters. Its Protean Ability has been very useful to me in places like the Battle Maison.

Master TF

Frokie simple.

Torpoleon

Easily Froakie because of how awesome Greninja is and how cool Frogadier looks as well. I also really like Froakie itself (helps that Greninja is getting promotion and is my main in SSB 3DS/Wii U). At the initial reveal of the starters, I actually liked Chespin the most, followed by Fennekin and then Froakie. When the middle forms were revealed, it was Frogadier, Braixen & Quilladin for me. When the final forms were revealed, I wasn't a fan of any of them, but have grown to really love Greninja's design! It's also really great to use in-game!

Status
Not open for further replies.