• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite legendary of XY?

Favorite Kalos legendary pokemon

• Xerneas

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • Yveltal

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • Zygarde

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Hoopa

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Volcanion

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So what is your favorite Kalos legendary and why?

My favorite is Zygarde because it looks cool and is a dragon.
Runner up goes to Yveltal because it is a fantastic Dark/Flying legendary.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I used to not care so much about Zygarde, but now, there's lots of promotion about it and now, I liked it because of its awesome formes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well since there are only six Kalos Legendaries, there's not much variety to choose from. I liked Hoopa the most though I guess, with Volcanion coming in second place given its cool type combination.

Even though I don't like it a whole lot at this point in time, I suppose I like Zyagrde the better out of the six because of it's new 10% forme.

I like Xerneas, in spite of its typing, because of the OH DEER GOD memesof the varied assembly of myths it references; Yggdrasil in Norse mythology, the Tree of Life in Jewish scripture, probably tons of Pagan references to assorted Fae creatures, and while it may not be intended, it also reminds me of the Halla from the Dragon Age games (which I'm sure BioWare got from Icelandic culture and their belief in Elves of many kinds.) It's just an exceedingly well-designed Pokémon, which, considering some of the questionable designs they've come out with in their lifetime, is a breath of fresh air in a franchise that was starting to turn stale.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I still like Xerneus. The first fairy legendary, a deer, woodsy, beautiful.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I love Yveltal. I thought it was gonna be a Dark/Dragon :c Eh, Even with its Flying typing I still love it. I like its design as well as for what it symbolizes.

Diancie has actually become my second favorite. I really liked its Mega Evolution. I think the movie just made her look better in my eyes, but naw. Do not like the stone under it, I thought it was too big and an eye sore *^* I like its top design and love its little cry.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Yveltal wins this one for me. As soon as I saw him, I wanted Y to be my main version. I've always had a huge fondness of Eagles, and his connection to Norse mythology made me even more interested. The Dark/Flying typing sealed the deal, I am a huge fan of Dark types.

My second favourites are currently a tie between Xerneas and Hoopa (Can't decide which one I like more ATM). Although I like Yveltal more, Xerneas is still mighty impressive and majestic. I love all the colours on it and again the connection to Norse mythology is really interesting. Xerneas is actually my favourite generation 6 Fairy type.
Hoopa is one of those Pokémon I really didn't like at first, but he really grew on me later on. Confined is super adorable and his mischievous antics appeal to me a lot. It is my favourite Ghost type of generation 6. I like Unbound Hoopa quite a bit as well, his monster like appearance is very effective, plus he's a Dark type. But I won't lie, he has one of, if not the creepiest cries in all of Pokémon. Hoopa also has interesting powers and he looks to be inspired by mythology too.

My least favourite generation 6 legend is probably Zygarde. I just find him OK, I'm not super impressed with him, though I do like the connection to Norse mythology. His new forms haven't won me over, 10% in particular looks really out of place.

Kalosian

So long
Xerneas for me. It is a Fairy-type legend which makes it automatically great to my as Fairy is my favorite type. I like how it represents life, it has a really cool signature move and I like its design as well. One of the reasons I started with X over Y and I am very happy about that.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like Diancie the best. I'm a fan of its design (especially Mega Diancie's) and love the pretty jewels/crystals it has. Plus, I've used it in battle much more than any of the other Gen 6 legends and raised one to level 100. I grew to like it a lot while training it and trying out its Mega Evolution on my Omega Ruby.

Xerneas is probably my second favourite, mainly because of its design.

Torpoleon

Yveltal for me. I picked Y, so of course Yveltal would be the legend that I see. I do like its design, moves and stuff like that. Not much of a fan of the others except for Zygarde's new forms, but those would likely be in a new game as opposed to being DLC for XY or something like that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still like Xerneus. The first fairy legendary, a deer, woodsy, beautiful.

Xerneas always reminded me of the "Jade version" mascot tbh. Either way, I don't know if I even like it much since its antlers just seem ridiculously huge, and its gracefulness seems bland to me. At least Yveltal looks fierce and interesting imo.

I really love Diancie, not just for her design, but also for her lore. My big thing with Pokemon is lore an interpretation. I interpret Victini as a "victory no matter the cost" sort of Pokemon, and Diancie as a sort of life-stealing cultist. Maybe that's why I love her so much. But she's such an awesome Pokemon in the actual games too.

Second is Xerneas. Beautiful stag with a rainbow palete and a nature theme? Sign me up!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My favourite gen 6 legend is definitely Diancie cuz it looks so pretty like a princess and I like its mega forme as well. ^^

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Hmm... for some reason I don't really care much for these legends compared to previous gens. Maybe it's because there is only the main trio and a group of event ones. But if I had to choose, it would be Hoopa. I did like how its original form is part Ghost type, and seeing Unbound was really cool. I like how it has multiple arms, and that really reminding me of deities.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have taken quite a preference in Xerneas, along with Zygarde, as well because it's powerful Fairy type and absolutely outclasses Yveltal,, particularly in competitive due to type matchup.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Actually, Zygarde is growing on me because of his forms. I like the dog, and the perfect form looks pretty cool. Don't like the blobs however.