• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite mega evolution of XY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.FusRoDah

Mega Lucario, Mega Charizard X, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, and Mega Gengar. Let's face it, they're all cool!

Hasty

Moonside
Mega Pinsir is my favorite. I just love everything about it, the eyes, the arms, the legs, the horns, the wings that look like a glider... It looks like a flying predator ready to strike. It also made a Pokemon that never interested me that much interesting to me. Aerilate Returns, Quick Attacks and Feints are cool and really powerful as well.
Other big favorites of mine include: Mega Venusaur, Mega Gyarados, Mega Aggron, Mega Mawile, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Manectric (another case like Mega Pinsir for me, it took an average design and made it great)

Mega Ampharos - that hair!
Mega Gardevoir - she looks like a fairy princess.
Mega Blaziken - such beauty. such grace. he'll kick you in the face.

Schala25

I really enjoy Mega Manectric, in part because a friend bred up and trained one and then gave it to me. It became my go-to Mega after that.

Design wise, I really enjoy Ampharos, Absol, and Houndoom (though I am probably a bit biased since I liked those three before Megas were a thing).

SpoinkyPearl

Despite the fact I rarely even use Mega Evolutions in the game (because transformation animation takes too much time, I only play in-game and not competitive at all), my favourites are probably Mega Charizard X (mostly design-wise, though I really like Fire/Dragon typing as well), Venusaur and Gardvoir. If I had only say one, I'd chose Mega Gardevoir. It looks awesome (especially as shiny!) and beautiful.

Hmm...my favorite would probably be Mega Blaiziken. It was so awesome, but now the grace and coolness it has was increased ten-fold now.

My second favorite from X/Y would probably be Mega-Pinsir. I never really used Pinsir in any of my games but this new mega evolution makes it very viable for any team.

The Master Chief

I enjoy most of the Mega Evolutions, but my favorite is Mega Houndoom. Everything about its design just appeals to me. I enjoyed Houndoom before X/Y was a thing though.

keepitsimple

site of lies
- Both Mega Charizards
- Mega Blaziken
- Mega Medicham
- Mega Lucario

All because of their designs.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
The megas added a lot to the Pokemons' designs, I think they all have their appeal. But if I had to choose one to use and have on my team it'd be mega Aggron. I remember being so hyped for it when it was first revealed in corocoro for XY since Aggron is one of my favorites. Back when I played previous gens, I would always want to use Aggron but get discouraged after remembering its 4x weaknesses. Now that it has Filter and pure steel typing, I've felt much more comfortable having it on my team. Even so, I sometimes keep it in its original state in battle to face some fire types (perfect counter for Talonflame!) I really love both designs of Aggron and don't prefer one over the other.

jfat

eon Pokemon
mega gengar because gengar is wizard and mega ampharos because it makes ampharos a rather good Pokemon

RDSP

My favorite Mega Evolution is sort of tied between Mega Salamence and Mega Charizard X.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
From X & Y my favourite mega evolution is mega Ampharos cuz of its long white hair and mega Garchomp is my 2nd favourite due to its scythe arms. ^^

~Emolga~

Just A Crazy Fangirl
Here is my top 5 list:

1. Mega Altaria - The fact that it's so fluffy and adorable- I just love this mega way too much and I am so glad it exists. :D

2. Mega Charizard X - Charizard has always been one of my favorite starters, and the fact that this makes him Fire/Dragon instead of Fire/Flying made my day. Also to top it off, he has a cool design and I just love anything with blue fire.

3. Mega Absol - It's probably because of the wing-like look and the fact that it looks like a fallen angel is probably why I love Mega Absol.

4. Mega Ampharos - Come on, this mega just SCREAMS fabulous! Not only that but this mega looks really good when the Ampharos is shiny. And also it is Electric/Dragon, which is very cool as well. Plus the Dragon Ball Z reference in its tail is a nice touch too.

5. Mega Gengar - Something about Mega Gengar makes me like it, but i'm not exactly sure what, so that's why its at number 5.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I love Mega Ampharos. I thought it was strange how it becomes a Dragon type, though, but I'm not complaining. It makes it more interesting in battles.

Plus it's hair is gorgeous.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I love Mega Ampharos. I thought it was strange how it becomes a Dragon type, though, but I'm not complaining. It makes it more interesting in battles.

I agree. It was one that I was the most hyped for before and Y came out. I also love Mega Mawile because of it's stats, typing and also because it looks brutal but fabulous at the same time.

I don't pay attention to the Japanese names that much, if at all, but I think it's because it's Japanese name (Denryu) pretty much means "Electric Dragon".

I do agree, it has an awesome mane! :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't pay attention to the Japanese names that much, if at all, but I think it's because it's Japanese name (Denryu) pretty much means "Electric Dragon".

You're right, Ampharos's Japanese name is meant to mean 'Electric Dragon'.

Back on topic, I kinda admired Mega Ampharos for quite a while because it's a Dragon type and its 'hair' looks elegant, which imo, reflects France quite well.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
For aesthetics, gotta go with that Charizard X design. Personal opinion: nothing can compete with that. Black, blue flames, improved upon the original design, the freaking flames that always come out of it's mouth, it's like GF struck gold.

But for improvements upon existing Pokémon, there's a whole list of others I really like. Mega Houndoom bleeds class and supremacy. Mega Ampharos is a living (Master Race) meme with a great design, ability, the typing is perfect, and it gave Ampharos a complete overhaul altogether. Mega Manectric, Mega Medicham, Mega Pinsir, Mega Garchomp, what's not to love about these guys? They look amazing, they play amazing, they serve so many purposes and completely improve upon the existing Pokémon in so many ways. I would love to say Mega Scizor as well, I know others really like it, but I'm not a fan of the new design over the OG design. Scizor in my mind was complete already. I digress.

If it's not obvious already, I really like the Mega Evolution mechanic implemented in XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.