• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite mega evolution of XY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Mega Blaziken, looked pretty cool.
Mega Gardevoir, when shiny.

I like Mega Mawile the most. It's good to know that I can now competitively use my favorite poke against upper-tier foes (although I think Smogon banned Mawilite from competitive play). Actually, I've been using Mawile competitively outside of NU long before gen 6 was announced.
I'd peg Mega Manectric for my second spot cuz it looks so cool. Oh, and if we're counting ORAS Megas, I also love Beedrill and Pidgeot (again, designs).

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Mega charizard x, although I also really like mega ampharos, absol, mawhile, and Venusaur.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I'm going to say Audino. Because nobody else wants to say it.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Mega Gyarados. Love it's design, the fact that mega evolving can surprise your opponent and it's mold breaker ability :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Mega Gyarados. Love it's design, the fact that mega evolving can surprise your opponent and it's mold breaker ability :)

I like mega Gyarados too but mostly just because I think it looks less ugly than the original Gyarados ha ha. Same goes for mega Mewtwo Y. ^^;

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'm gonna go with blaziken in terms of design, but ampharos in terms of who needed it. Ampharos is one of my favorite pokemon, and that extra dragon typing is pretty cool, even with fairies around.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
Even though three of my top favorite Pokemon got Megas, I believe it's easy to set appart Mega Gardevoir as my favorite.

Great design, excellent ability, solid boost. MeGardy is one of those Pokes that went from spark to start over the Gen VI transition, and as someone who has consitently used him, I couldn't be happier. The fact that the Mega improves but doesn't entirely rends Gardy useless in also a plus.

From a Gameplay perspective I think both Kangaskhan (the Dreaded one) and Pinsir are solid, they updated previously outclassed pokes into decent threats with interesting moves. Many other megas tried to do that and fizzled.

Finally, I think Mega Mawile improved my appreciation of Mawi the most, as a Pokemon that I mostly ignored it went to become one of those I seriously consider nowadays.

YesImSpitz

Fire Type Trainer
Mega Banette Would probably be my favorite one. Mines personally always comes in clutch with prankster when I need to slow down the opponent with Thunder wave & attract.

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
I love Mega Alakazam. Those spoons make it look so majestic. 8D Mega Gallade is another favorite of mine too.

If it's possible in the future, I would really love to see my Pokémon in-game wearing the harnesses that hold the mega stones like in the anime. I would love to see my Shiny Garchomp wearing this epic necklace.

TheEliteEmpoleon

For X and Y, I have to say Mega Gengar. Though many of the mega designs are really cool, this one takes the cake for me. I really feel like I'm unleashing Gengar when I mega evolve it. Plus, it's one of the best pokémon the game has seen. Others include Absol, Mewtwo Y, Pinsir, and Ampharos.

Rensch

I have to say Mega Charizard X. That black colour, its blue flames and its finally being a Fire/Dragon typing. It's altogether badass.

Cutty

Forever now
Mega Venusaur, Mawile, Medicham, Blastoise, Scizor, Alakazam, Ampharos, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Gardevoir and Manectric.
I think I've used most of all XY Megas.

M.P.

Retired
Mega Charizard X and Y and Mega Gengar are my favorites.

I also like Mega Scizor, Mega Houndoom, Mega Gyarados and Mega Abomasnow.

Mega Pinsir and Mega Garchomp have great designs, but former has bad typing and latter is slower than regular Garchomp.

Bunbunbunbuneary

Rookie Breeder
I would have to say Mega Mawile. I'm not that much of a competitive battler, but it's still fun overall! (Besides, it's design is adorable!) Can I just say how amazing it is to spam play rough on my friend's all dragon team? :D

Tyrannosaurus

Pokemon Artist
Is there any mega evolution you like? Is so then why do you like them?

My favorite is Charizard X because it looks incredible and is Fire/Dragon with tough claws.

Runner up is Mewtwo X because it looks amazing and is a Psychic/Fighting combo.

I can agree with Mewtwo X, he was the sole reason other than Xerneas that I chose Pokemon X over Pokemon Y when told to pick one for Christmas the past year. My only regret is I don't get my preferred Charizard. I love Charizard Y because he is recognizably Charizard, while Charizard X reminds me too much of shiny Charizard (which I'm not fond of simply because I adore my orange reptilian pal).

As for my ultimate favorite mega evolution...I have to go with Primal Reversion Rayquaza. Rayquaza was my first legendary when I got Emerald as my first game after Yellow (which I beat but failed to catch any of the legendaries TwT). The way he looks reminds me just how spectacular he was and remains.

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
ampharos-mega.jpg

Mega Ampharos.

I just love it's design, the hair makes it look so graceful. The typing of Electric/Dragon is really cool and unique as well. During my playthrough of Y, Fabio (Mega Ampharos) was a huge contributor to my team. Definitely one of my favorite Mega's in XY.

:]

Status
Not open for further replies.