• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite mega evolution of XY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daizy

I call you honey
Mega Mewtwo X is my favorite since I'm a long time Mewtwo fan. The X form looks so much cooler than the Y form.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
Mega Mawile, Mega Charizard X/Y, and Mega Gyarados.

Ive always been a fan of mawile, even going as far as bringing mine to the hall of fame in my first playthrough of ruby! The mega evo is just what it needed. Nothing more invigorating than pulling off 1-2 intimidates before mega evolving. I love both mega charizards aesthetics(altho i lean more towards charizard x) and both of their abilities. New weather inducers are always welcome in my book! Lastly, mega gyarados was a perfect choice for a mega. Not being able to have any egg moves sucks, but now it gets a new dual type and becomes more bulky. I wish i could ride one irl :/

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Kamex (Blastoise) is my favorite of the X and Y version Mega Evolutions. It has to do with the fact that I originally used a Kamex as my ace Pokemon when I first played Blue version, so seeing it get a Mega form was awesome. I'm so glad that Game Freak introduced Mega Evolutions overall.

Mega Charizard Y for sure even though most players disliked it and most fans tend to love Mega Charizard X much more for unknown reasons.

Rio!

Composer
Mega Charizard Y for sure even though most players disliked it and most fans tend to love Mega Charizard X much more for unknown reasons.

I'm with you there, although I also liked X for aesthetic; Y seems more natural imo. I also like Mega Gyarados. ;D

Alloutℯ

Banned
Mega Gengar looks cool and so does Mega Alakazam. I feel like GF put way more effort when they designed Megas for Gen 1 Pokemon.

Manchee

extra toasty
Mega Aggron!!!!! I've been in love with that beauty since I used one on my team in Y. The thing I love about Mega Evolutions is going from a Pokémon that is already strong and formidable and having them HULK OUT. A lot of the Megas make sense and introduce cool design elements (like Banette getting the zippers and opening up, Mawile getting a second trap on her head), but I love that Aggron just gets BIGGER. Losing the Ground-typing isn't the best, but it makes sense, I guess. It's a trade-off for sure, but this Mega Evolution in general is by far my favorite of them all.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've grown to like Mega Lucario's design, although what I like even more about it is the focus that it received in X/Y since Corni (Korrina) uses one and we received the Mega Stone needed to use Mega Lucario from her. Mega Lucario made Corni more special than just another Gym Leader.

Mega Charizard X is the generic answer, but I still gotta go with it. I just love the dark color scheme and the strength of Mega Charizard X.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Mega Charizard X was just that good, (after everything else got banned lmao)

Mega Mawile was a lot of fun during the early XY days.

Gyarados and Pinsir (at least at the time) shocked the hell out of me, Pinsir was a bit annoying to use because you had to bring Defog or Rapid Spin just to make it work.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Charizard X is the generic answer, but I still gotta go with it. I just love the dark color scheme and the strength of Mega Charizard X.

I at least prefer Mega Lizardon X over Mega Lizardon Y, which looks like a wyvern-ish version of the original Lizardon. Both are decent I suppose, but X's coloration looks cooler to me.

Xuxuba

Mega Mawile.

It is pretty and original.
Has amazing type and stats.
And i just like the idea of a pokemon that is cute and beautiful but can rip your head off using it's mouths.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
For me it was Blaziken. I used it all the time and swept every Gym Leader after Ramos and even the Elite Four And Diantha with ease using a combination of Speed Boost And Power Up Punch. That combo alone will allow you to dominate the match after three turn. Nothing will outspeed you bar priority moves and the constant increase in the Attack stat makes Blaziken hit even harder. Add Poison Jab to the mix and Fairy Pokemon Go Down with ease.

Kage-Pikachu

Mega Gardevoir! I love it's appearance but it's Shiny version is a let down. Also, the waste of 20 point increase in its Attack stat instead of Defense or Speed.

nickdt

Mega Glalie (But yeah, little bit biased since Glalie is my favorite mon).

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Based solely on appearance alone, the awesomeness that is Mega Banette. He's so evil, it's literally gushing out of him! (I interpret the purple stuff to be the physical manifestation of Banette's grudge against the owner that threw it out.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
Mega Glalie (But yeah, little bit biased since Glalie is my favorite mon).

I like its design minus the broken jaw thing, which I'm guessing was done on purpose though to make it look comical, sort of like Mega Yadoran's (Slowbro) shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.