• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite movie and why?

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I haven't really ever watched a "classic", so forgive me.

I like Zombieland, as explained. It's really the best zombie movie to date.
I like Vantage Point, too. It was pretty cool.
And I like Planet of the Apes. I didn't really get the ending, but good movie nonetheless.

cazatron

it's a tie between rushmore and the royal tenenbaums.

EXCELLENT choices ^^^

i have three because they each gave me the most heightened emotions whilst watching them:

Cloverfield- because when i saw it in the cinema i was truly overwhelmed, i loved the subject matter and the fact that they tied it in with 'the great bloop' in the viral marketing campaign to make the monster seem like it could be a real thing was just so cool.

Anchorman- because i've never laughed at another movie as hard and consistantly as i did with Anchorman, i'm aware that Appatow has his haters but i think most things he puts his name to are hysterical (we'll ignore Funny People and Drillbit Taylor)

[Rec]- this was the only movie that genuinely scared me, with others like The Shining or The Orphanage they creeped me out when it got to night time and everything is dark, but [Rec] really shook me up in broad daylight and it's sequel was equally as brilliant

codeyokoo

The not so special
Austin Powers, cuz it's just awesome

Anyone seen Suckerpunch? I did, it was totally cool ^^

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
Lemans. Steve Mcqueen is the ultimate BAMF, and I find old-school endurance racecars ridiculously fascinating and entertaining.

Asterio

Right now, I'd say Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I haven't met a single person IRL that has said they disliked that movie haha.

Musa Redfield

Wily Professor
My favorites are:

1. The entire Star Wars saga (yes, even the prequel trilogy): Unlike the vast majority of films, the Star Wars films have a deep, thought provoking storyline and a rich cast of well developed, interesting characters. Overall, I never grow tired watching them. They are very fun to analyze and dissect.

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Overall, it is a great film with an entertaining storyline, very likable characters, excellent special effects and animation, and beautiful musical scores.

3. Psycho: This is a classic horror film with a compelling storyline that contains quite a few interesting twists. Without question, Norman Bates is an outstanding character with a fascinating psyche. I would have included the other Psycho films, but they do not have the same flair as the original.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Matilda... That is ONE of my favorites because It touches on something I can relate to... being the black sheep of the family!!!

Sapphire_Pichu

I hate Ringo...
The Linguini Incident - I'm not going to get into this, lol. Look it up, it's CRAZY, but I can't stop watching it @_@ I love it, and I love what the bartenders/waitresses wear, lol. Shiny! :p

Phantom of the Opera - It's a musical made famous by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Love the story line, love the songs, love the Phantom.

The Big Sleep - A b&w movie. Classic. If you like old movies, or Humphrey Bogart, then you'll like this. I believe it's a crime movie, if I'm right. I did watch it in a crime class, after all. lol.

Dewgongtears

The original...
The Devil Wears Prada - Set in NYC, great lines to quote in real life and wonderful characters.

The Little Mermaid - Fav disney movie, mermaids, prince, singing fishes.

Chicago - All time favorite musical movie based on a Broadway show. The songs make the show.

n8squared

that's easy

Field of Dreams because it's such a nice story, deap plot, and I'm a baseball nerd

ZekromV

Light Sage
The Matrix because of its awesome plot and stunts.

mika4556

Smexy Momma. ^_^
pirates of the carribian movie series because me and my family can watch it on family night and johnny depp wrote his own script in the movies

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
-A Clockwork orange (great movie, with just great psychological stuff: Conditioning)

-The Shining (When horror movies wasn't just gore and more gore...this is just great psychologycal horror)

- One Flew over the cuckoos nest (Great perfomance Jack Nicholson have in here....one of the most memorable movies I ever seen)

- Scarface (need to say anything?)

- A Space Odissey (A good Sci Fi Movie doesn't need a lot of visual efects, and this movie just show that)

Well, those are my favorites movies, but if I have to choise just one...I choose One flew over the cuckoo nest

A lot of great movies here.

My favorites would include Spaceballs (for being hilarious), Inception (AMAZING movie), X-men First Class (this movie was VERY good, you have to see it), Scott Pilgrim (just plain awesome), and others that I can't think of right now.

Does anyone else here like Mel Brooks?

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
I liked "Dude, Where's my Car?". It was a hilarious movie. I watched it on netflix once and now I'm showing it to my friend. He's loving it too :)