• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite movie and why?

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Inception is definitely my #1, for obvious reasons. Some others are:

American Pie - The goal of them losing their virginity before the prom (or whatever its called in the movie). Shout out to Stiffler's Mom!

The Hangover - I'm a comedy person.

Grown Ups - Same as above.

The GodFather Series - Need I say?

Scarface - Same as above.

Last edited:

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
Little fockers
The movie was just plain funny!!
If haven't seen that you need to go buy the dvd

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
Spirited Away, and most of the other Studio Ghibli movies, including Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns (I don't remember the first), and Ponyo.

A non-cartoon favourite is Mom at Sixteen. It's real dramatic, and, well, you probably get the rest. I think you can find it on YouTube...
Another, which I've only watched online with my sound busted, is The Human Centipede. Only watch THAT if you have a strong stomach...

Mevejuma

There's so many I could pick...

Inception has a great storyline, and I really like that you have to focus and think about it to fully understand it, you really get immersed in it, and it's just a great watch with good action.
The Hangover is one of the funniest films to watch, especially the first time around or if you haven't seen it in ages. Still need to see The Hangover 2.
Pulp Fiction is just an absolute classic, with some very memorable scenes. Not for the younger viewers though, there's some disturbing stuff.
Fight Club is another great classic, though I'm not allowed to talk about it.

FiremanLV5

I can never really decide D: Some of my favourites are Zoolander, Get Him to the Greek, Inception, The Hangover, The Fall and currently, Thor.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Wow well I really like Star wars for all the obvious reasons and I've found a new amusement and respect for Kung Fu Panda 1&2 because they are both funny and have a good moral.

Abstinence Pistols

I have only one: Spirited Away.

This movie is the best movie in the history of animation. An amazing storyline packed in with mythical spirits, witches and romance.
I neever knew animated movies could have such realistic romance until I saw this movie. Ten stars and a reccomendation note from me. Go and search on Google and watch as soon as possible.

Spirited Away was a great movie, but it was pretty hard to follow. Then again, I watched it when I was in third grade. The ones that make my top are Avatar, Inception, Yes Man, and Billy Madison. The first two had an amazing plot, a great cast, and were chock full of good action. The second two were just funny as hell.

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Some many good movies hhmmmm... I have to say Click. With Adam Sandler, really funny never gets old, I love all his movies.

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
It is really awsome, The crew of the enterprise goes back in time to 1986.
This movie is really good, I love the story and Leonard Nimoy is my favorite actor.
Spock mind melds with a humpback whale :D

Agreed 100% "Where are the nuclear wessels?" :)

While all the ST movies are great, my favorite movie of them (and of all time) is Star Trek: First Contact. I love all the action in it, especially when Picard and Data get back engineering from the Borg. The drunken Cochrane is funny, too.

:644:

Last edited:

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
The Karate Kid(2010) because it's so awesome! I just love all the training they do, and how he does the chi thing at the end with Cheng even though "it takes a lifetime".
Aweeesome!

Geekachu

I love Spirited Away, and Kiki's delivery service. Japanese anime movies are really nice, they have good art direction and they have this nice serenity about them.

I couldn't choose one film, and there are so many great films I need to see :/

JRB24

Varsity Blues, it reminds me of the times in high school and playing football in front of a stadium full of people. it was a rush i'll never forget. and also it reminds me of the friendship high school and football brings and the sacrifices in order to be the best you can be on the grid iron.

Alphatron

friendship is magic
top 3 are definitely:

Pulp Fiction - even though the plot is pointless, it is more than made up for by excellent acting, endlessly quotable dialogues, very memorable scenes and it just has a fantastic atmosphere in general that I can't quite put my fingers on why it's so great, but either way this film has infinite replay value really. Quentin Tarantino is a genius.

Hana-bi (Fireworks) - Probably Takeshi Kitano's best movie, he is a real badass in this one. Never before have fighting scenes felt so not out of place in a poetic, minimalistic film. Simply beautiful on so many levels, and manages to capture an entire scale of emotions, including happiness, sadness, guilt, anger, hope, hopelessness and many others.

Inception - not even going to get started on this one.

Honorable mentions: Stalker, Lawrence Of Arabia, Oldboy, The Shawshank Redemption, Memento, Life Is Beautiful, Pan's Labyrinth, Flipped, Toy Story 3, How To Train Your Dragon, Up, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Inglorious Basterds, Blade Runner, 50 First Dates, Groundhog Day, Being John Malkovich, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Click, The King's Speech, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Fight Club, Stand By Me, Peacock, American Beauty, A Clockwork Orange and Exit Through The Gift Shop.

Last edited:

Drummerdude

The Prestige. Christopher Nolan took a concept that could have been overly complicated and made it simple to understand (Like he did with Inception). In my opinion it only gets better with multiple viewings because you can spot the subtle clues to the twist ending and then feel stupid for not figuring it out sooner.