• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is Your Favorite Playstation Console?

What Is Your Favorite Playstation Console?

• Playstation 1

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Playstation 5

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Out of all the Playstation Consoles, which one is your favorite. Mine is Playstation 1. This was the first Playstation console that I grew up with and has lots of great games including Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Final Fantasy 7-9, and many more that I missed. So what is your favorite Playstation Console?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
PS3 followed by the PS2 and then the Vita. They are the only PlayStation consoles that I’ve ever owned. I need to find another PS3 as the one I have won’t read discs now and I have several games that I still want to play including Deadpool.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
PS2, followed by PS3 and Vita. They all have pretty good libraries. Vita is in third place due to a corruption issue that can happen. I'm thinking it's a cache overflow one.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Sony2 is the only one I played it so many times ever since I was like 8. So many good memories with it playing with old friends. Back when life was simpler and naive. Sad

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It’s a tough choice between PS1 and PS2. Both were great consoles with great libraries.

I’m ultimately going to go with the PS2 as my choice. While I owned both (I have a PS1 in my office and a PS2 at my parents house), the PS2 gets the vote because of its great backwards compatibility and DVD playback. It was my DVD player in college.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I mainly want a PS3 because I invested a lot on Lego Dimensions and there are still so many things that I need to complete in the worlds that I have mini figures for. I found a couple of new copies of the game for the Wii U and Xbox 360 at a local discount but I am not spending over $200 to restart the entire game when I could easily transfer everything to a different PS3 by registering my PSN on the replacement. I’d love to get a PS4 and get several games that I want to play but it’s not quite worth it as I said before, I have several PS3 games on disc that can’t be bought digitally and one is Guitar Hero Live and I need to be able to read discs to play that one and I barely got to play the game before my PS3 disc reader went down.

SerebieNi

The greatest era as in the best generation of console? I would say PS3 generation. PS2 generation had the PS2 of course as a titan, but the Nintendo Gamecube had good games but severely underperformed and the original XBOX had the original Halo but hadn't reached it's peak. The PS3 generationw as when all the consoles were firing on all cylinders. The PS3 had a stumble out of hte gate but made up and caught the competition over the years and had an awesome library. The XBOX 360 was the best xbox ever, even including the RROD. The Nintendo Wii did something transformative and sold boatloads of consoles and had some great games like The Legend Of Zelda.

This is coming from someone who had a PS1, PS2, Gamecube, gaming PC, Switch, PS5. I am trying to track down a working backwards compatitible PS3.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'd say PS3 it has a lot of good game but the Dualshock 3 hasn't aged well compared to the Dualshock 4. So PS4 is my favorite.
Even had a PS3 60GB "fat model" that died on me (Yellow light of death on me in 2011) Got a slim model and it has worked like a charm.

I would save up for a wired PS4 controller. My games i have left on PS3 are transformers games compatible with Dualshock 4 but the standard Dualshock 4 requires a usb cord but it usb 2.0 falls out a lot on my Dualshock 4's when i'm on PS3.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
The PS2! The games I played on that system were:

1. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
2. GTA San Andreas
3. GTA Vice City
4. Bully
5. Burnout Revenge

Just to name some.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The PS2 had so many classics on the console and just brings back memories of all the games I used to play on back when I was younger.

• DBZ Budokai 3
  • DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
  • GTA San Andreas / Vice City
  • FF X
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1-3
  • WWE SVR 2008
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • Kingdom Hearts I & II
  • One Piece Grand Battle

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Going with the PlayStation 2, have fond memories some of the games there though the original console has a bit of nostalgia factor as my main childhood console.