1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite starter pokemon for Gen. 4?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Toxinine, Dec 19, 2012.

?

What is your favorite starter pokemon for Gen 4?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2012.
  1. Piplup

27.6%
  2. Turtwig

51.7%
  3. Chimchar

20.7%
  1. Toxinine

Toxinine nou

This sentence has thirty-eight letters.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

This thread isn't new, it may have been posted years ago when Diamond and Pearl were launched out, anyways my favorite is Chimchar.

3. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

Piplup is my favorite. I had a really nice time with my Empoleon, which I feel is under appreciated.

4. RealRaymon

RealRaymon Good series at last!

The same is for me.

5. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

piplup, i never really cared for the other two though piplup's design wasn't grand either.

6. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I don't mind the other starters too much, but as I've only ever used Turtwig and its evolutions in an entire playthrough, the Turtwig line is my favorite.

7. Arlo

Arlo ...and so on...

Hard call. They're all good - Piplup/Empoleon has only so-so stats, but a workable movepool and a great typing, Turtwig/Torterra is a great design, an intriguing (though sometimes unfortunate) typing, decent stats and nice STAB coverage, and Chimchar/Infernape has great stats and a huge and useful movepool. They each serve different purposes, and they each do it well.

My personal favorite is probably Turtwig/Torterra, in part because I like the design and the typing, and in part just because when I take Turtwig, Dawn takes Piplup, and that's the way it's supposed to be. :D

8. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

I've used three of them. My favorite will have to go to Pliplup.

9. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

Chimchar was literally my first Pokemon ever, so him and his evolutions will always have a special place in my heart.

10. eyycalvin

eyycalvin Member

Piplup is my favourite.

11. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I love all three of them, but Chimchar is my favorite as it and its evolutions have always worked great for me in battles.

12. BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE FIERCE DEITY

ChimChar, has the best evolutions hands down

13. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

It goes Turtwig, Chimchar, and than Piplup for me. I personally love Turtwig, and it was my first starter in Pearl.

14. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

I tend to like the fire type starters but in this Gen Turtwig is my favorite. I really like Torterra's type, design, and stats. 4th gen actually has my favorite set of starters.

15. Fleiding

Fleiding New Member

Couldn't add more. ;)

16. Toxic Nightshade

Toxic Nightshade GET TO DEL TACO

i've used all of them, but i tend to like chimchar and piplup more. It's more of a tie between those two.

17. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Piplup, because I like Empoleon's typing and I've found it very useful in battles.

18. TwitchyAssTaillow

TwitchyAssTaillow Active Member

I chose Piplup because of the Water/Steel typing and Flash Cannon was my favorite steel type move. I didn't want Chimchar because it was just another Fire/Fighting in it's 3rd stage and I used to call it a rip off of Blaziken... and then I became the biggest hypocrite with Gen 5 by using Tepig.

19. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Chimchar. I think the only Generation where the Fire-type starter isn't my favorite is Gen V.

20. ZiR

ZiR Beginner Collector

Turtwig is the best choice for beat the game, it's strong and can take hits. Piplup is another good pokemon, but you to should have a nice backup for beat Gardenia. Chimchar is strong and fast but it defenses sucks and get fainted too easy, but in another hand, it start to get really useful higher levels.

In overall, I think Torterra is the best starter one in IV gen.