• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite starter pokemon for Gen. 4?

What is your favorite starter pokemon for Gen 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
I'd have to say Turtwig. I'm not a fan of them making another fire/fighting starter, and while water/steel sounds cool I just really don't care for it being represented by a penguin. With Torterra though, I liked the combination of grass/ground and the whole world turtle idea.

Torpoleon

I have used all 3 a fair amount of times and the Sinnoh Starters are my favorite group of starters. Of the three, Piplup is my favorite. As Empoleon, learns really great moves, has a ton of resistances and just looks awesome!

Darkazure

Gentle Giant
Chimchar was my first pokemon that I ever got my hands on. Shoot hes my lucky charm! Hes my first Pokemon to get Pokerus, I got at least 3 different shiny pokemon thanks to him and He has perfect attack and Sp.atk IVs with near perfect(30 IVs) in all his other stats. All by pure luck! Infernape is my bro!

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Turtwig because its was my first ever Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Chimchar is my favorite starter. He is very powerful

Zeb

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Turtwig without question. He reminded me so much of Bulbasaur with the plant directly on his back, not to mention he looked super BA. Empoleon was fine, but I have never been much one for penguins. Not a fan of monkeys either.

*~Silver*~

Turtwig. I didn't like Chimchar because I didn't like the whole fire-monkey thing as much, and I don't like that Piplup is just a penguin.

Jabu

I almost always go with fire for starter so I went with Chimchar (even though I HATE monkeys). Only exception for fire starter was Totodile.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
My favorite is the Piplup line because he's incredibly cute and Empoleon is one of the most amazing pokemon I've ever seen. Infernape is also really cool, and I regret the fact that I never got the chance to really train one.

But Torterra...yeah. The typing's not that great and the design is piece of shizz :p
Without a doubt one of my least fav. pokemon of all time XD

Usehydropump

Beginner Breeder
My favorite was Chimchar. I just couldn't get past its cute design. Although, in my opinion, I wasn't too keen on the fire-fighting type but I looked beyond that. My Infernape had saved me through a lot of battles, especially using it's Close Combat.

Other than him, I liked my Piplup as well. It grew to an Empoleon that had a very high defense stat. C:

Shadow XD001

Chimchar is my favorite, I think Infernape is awesome. Turtwig is definitely second.

This thread has been done many times LOL