1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite Unova starter?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Alexander18, Sep 23, 2015.

?

Favorite Unova Starter

1. Snivy

71 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. Tepig

30 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Oshawott

62 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. TeaWest

TeaWest Member

I like Oshawott a lot, but I think Snivy is kindof cute too. The problem is I'm not really a huge fan of the third stages of any of the three starters

NovaBrunswick and Leonhart like this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I can relate somewhat since I find Jalorda (Serperior) to be a step down from its two previous stages in terms of design.

3. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

Oshawott has to be my favorite starter from the Unova starters. I see how people may not like it's evolutionary line as it goes from a biped to a quadruped. But I think Samurott is a great final evolution.

Daizy likes this.
  4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

My issue with Samurott is that it resembles a sea lion more than a sea otter, which I've always found weird for a Starter Pokemon.

5. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Who else agrees that Samurott looks ten times cooler when he stands up on two feet, not on four feet, looking like a badass natural evolution of Dewott.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    keepitsimple and SubtleVVeirdoh like this.
  6. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Samurott is indeed a sea otter, but he also has elements of sea lions and, of course, samurais.

7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

In some way I thought that was cool because of the samurai motifs and I used to have Oshawott as my favourite Unova starter for a while. But since Serperior has gotten more attention in the competitive scene, I don't like the Oshawott and its evolutionary line as much these days.

8. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

In some ways it's similar to the theme the third-stage Kalos starters went with: Chesnaught is a paladin, Delphox is a mage, and Greninja is a ninja (obviously). So both the Gen 5 and 6 final-stage Water starters are based on feudal Japan.

9. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

True but to be honest I used to like the scalchop Oshawott and Dewott used as weapons because I never thought shells could be used as weapons in the first place. I thought that was a cool thing too.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

It's not such a huge change however when you consider that the basis for both Pokemon are aquatic mammals. They at least share that in common.

Daizy and NovaBrunswick like this.
  11. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

Snivy. It definitely felt like a grass gen.

12. Jersey Jimmy

Jersey Jimmy WORST PERSON EVER

I feel like this bears mentioning since I didn't bring it up in my original post, but there's another reason I chose Snivy.

CONTRARY.
    LEAF STORM.
    SERPERIOR.

SubtleVVeirdoh and Daizy like this.
  13. Alola Adventurer

Alola Adventurer Well-Known Member

It's a tie between Oshawott and Snivy for me.

14. If Snivy's Hidden Ability wasn't, well, hidden, it'd be my joint favourite. But, since the beginning, Oshawott and its' evolutions have been my favourite, Oshawott because it was adorable in the anime and Samurott because it looked cool and had a good moveset and stats.

15. Evanibble

Evanibble Well-Known Member

Snivy. Always Snivy. I also love Serperior's design the most out of the three final evolutions.

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  16. Ignition

Ignition Aizawa is my mood 25/8

Tepig. It's cute and Emboar hits hard. Granted ik the Fire/Fighting combo was getting old but I still like it. Plus the anime made me love it even more. Reckless Choice Band Flare Blitz is an amazing nuke too

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  17. Sceptile Master

Sceptile Master Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

Snivy. I'm a sucker for grass-types, it's arguably the closest thing to Treecko besides Treecko, and it's smug.

18. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Oshawott line - Dewott is amazing and so is Samurott (it probably should've stayed bipedal though)

Snivy is cool but even though Serperior and Servine are alright, I was expecting it to turn into something cooler looking

SubtleVVeirdoh and NovaBrunswick like this.
  19. Yureishi

Yureishi Dresseuse Normale

I have to say Tepig. It looks uniquely cute and Emboar's overall shape/fatness reminds me a lot of Normal-type, which I have a soft spot for.

20. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

So I learned something new a while back. In Pokemon Adventures, Blake (or to some of you Nate of BW2) has a Dewott. One thing I noticed for the first time is that it's always looks like it's pissed. So what I learned was, apparently that's how Dewott's were always designed, looking pissed off. Someone added even more information that Blake's Dewott literally has the serious nature lol, along with the rest of Blake's other Pokemon. I just thought that was funny and it sounded too coincidental for the writer of Pokemon Adventures to established Dewott's pissed-off look even further lol.

zolios likes this.