• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite Unova starter?

Favorite Unova Starter

• Snivy

Votes: 74 43.8%
  • Tepig

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 65 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaWest

I like Oshawott a lot, but I think Snivy is kindof cute too. The problem is I'm not really a huge fan of the third stages of any of the three starters

Daizy

I call you honey
Oshawott has to be my favorite starter from the Unova starters. I see how people may not like it's evolutionary line as it goes from a biped to a quadruped. But I think Samurott is a great final evolution.

My issue with Samurott is that it resembles a sea lion more than a sea otter, which I've always found weird for a Starter Pokemon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My issue with Samurott is that it resembles a sea lion more than a sea otter, which I've always found weird for a Starter Pokemon.

Samurott is indeed a sea otter, but he also has elements of sea lions and, of course, samurais.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Samurott is indeed a sea otter, but he also has elements of sea lions and, of course, samurais.
In some way I thought that was cool because of the samurai motifs and I used to have Oshawott as my favourite Unova starter for a while. But since Serperior has gotten more attention in the competitive scene, I don't like the Oshawott and its evolutionary line as much these days.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
In some way I thought that was cool because of the samurai motifs and I used to have Oshawott as my favourite Unova starter for a while. But since Serperior has gotten more attention in the competitive scene, I don't like the Oshawott and its evolutionary line as much these days.

In some ways it's similar to the theme the third-stage Kalos starters went with: Chesnaught is a paladin, Delphox is a mage, and Greninja is a ninja (obviously). So both the Gen 5 and 6 final-stage Water starters are based on feudal Japan.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In some ways it's similar to the theme the third-stage Kalos starters went with: Chesnaught is a paladin, Delphox is a mage, and Greninja is a ninja (obviously). So both the Gen 5 and 6 final-stage Water starters are based on feudal Japan.
True but to be honest I used to like the scalchop Oshawott and Dewott used as weapons because I never thought shells could be used as weapons in the first place. I thought that was a cool thing too.

OriginalScream

If Snivy's Hidden Ability wasn't, well, hidden, it'd be my joint favourite. But, since the beginning, Oshawott and its' evolutions have been my favourite, Oshawott because it was adorable in the anime and Samurott because it looked cool and had a good moveset and stats.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Tepig. It's cute and Emboar hits hard. Granted ik the Fire/Fighting combo was getting old but I still like it. Plus the anime made me love it even more. Reckless Choice Band Flare Blitz is an amazing nuke too

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Snivy. I'm a sucker for grass-types, it's arguably the closest thing to Treecko besides Treecko, and it's smug.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So I learned something new a while back. In Pokemon Adventures, Blake (or to some of you Nate of BW2) has a Dewott. One thing I noticed for the first time is that it's always looks like it's pissed. So what I learned was, apparently that's how Dewott's were always designed, looking pissed off. Someone added even more information that Blake's Dewott literally has the serious nature lol, along with the rest of Blake's other Pokemon. I just thought that was funny and it sounded too coincidental for the writer of Pokemon Adventures to established Dewott's pissed-off look even further lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.