1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite XY starter?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by raichu27, May 6, 2018.

?

Which is your favorite Gen. 6 starter?

1. Chespin

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Fennekin

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Froakie

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Mine would probably be Fennekin. I really like how it fully evolves into a part Psychic type, plus it's a great looking fox. I also like Froakie.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Mine would be easily be Froakie. I somehow like how chill that water frog is plus I also like how cool Greninja is, especially with Ash-Greninja and the variety of moves it can learn.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  3. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 Just bought a Switch :D

It's a tough choice. On one hand, I got a shiny Fennekin in pokemon Y without ANY restarts, it just popped up. But I'd still go Chespin, I love chesnaught's design.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  4. landipan

landipan Well-Known Member

Fennekin! I love foxes, and there will never be enough fox-like pokemon for me (heck, I'd take an entire fox gen lol) , I also really like Braixen. It took a while fox me to come around to the fact that Fennekin goes bipedal but I'll excuse since Braixen is so cute. I'm okay with Delphox, don't love it, don't hate it.

I also think Froakie's pretty cool!

Kage-Pikachu and Bubbles18 like this.
  5. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Froakie's always been my favorite. I thought it was cute in a quirky sort of way, and coming off of Gen V, which introduced hardly any water types that really appealed to me, it was kind of a relief to find one right off the bat in Gen VI. The fact that it evolved into a ninja frog was pretty cool, too, though I've always kinda preferred Frogadier to Greninja design-wise.

All that said, Fennekin runs a very close second. Delphox's fire/psychic typing was a nice surprise, and I'm pretty much with landipan in that there's always room for more foxes. xD

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Fokko (Fennekin), mainly because I like foxes and Fire-types in general. Fokko's design is cute as well, so that's a plus.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Froakie, it is adorable and I like Greninja's design better than those of the other fully evolved Kalos starters. Protean is also incredible and it has a good movepool.
    While I really don't like Chespin and especially Quilladin's designs, Chesnaught is still pretty cool-looking. Fennekin and Braixen look sleek and elegant, but Delphox is really disappointing, especially its ear fur and colour scheme.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  8. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I really like Fennekin. It has my favourite design out of the three starters by far. Back when the Kalos starters were first revealed, I instantly took a liking to Fennekin based on its design and decided I would use it on my main version (Y).
    I liked Delphox's Psychic typing a lot, too.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  9. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

I like the Froakie the most, despite picking Chespin. I like the designs of the whole Froakie line. I'm not a fan of Chespin and Quilladin's designs, but I really like Chesnaught's, which is the sole reason I went with Chespin.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  10. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

I originally started the games without looking at the new Pokemon apart from the starters and the mascots, I only looked up the levels they evolved and their base stats to get a good nature. I loved Fennekin the most (and I usually choose the Fire Type) and I picked it without hesitation! Once it evolved into Braixen I loved it even more and assumed it would become Fire/Fairy due to it resembling a witch and I assumed since some fairies are magic it's typing would reflect that. Then it evolved into Delphox and while I seriously dislike it's sprite, I love the official artwork for it! But before seeing the artwork I felt that it was no where near as adorable as it's pre-evolutions...and then I saw my rival's Greninja! It looks so awesome and seeing it tank my Psychic (I don't know why, but I always feel I have to beat my rival's starter with my starter, ever since gen 1) made realize, "Dang! He's Water/Dark, that's awesome!!!"

Even though I love Fennekin and Braixen's designs more than Froakie and Frogadier, I would choose Greninja as my favorite.