• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favorite Yaoi/Yuri pairing of Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryn

Like yaoi/yuri ships? Fake relationships fans make between two characters of the same gender and/or sex

"Fake" is not quite how I would describe it. Sorry, this is probably just me being oversensitive, but calling a queer relationship "fake" hits a bit of a nerve, as queer relationships are so often invalidated in the mainstream...and if that's just your way of describing non-canon ships, then technically you would have to call nearly every ship in the franchise "fake", as canon is a bit of a hard commodity to come by in this fandom. So...yeah, the rest of the description was fine, but "fake" was a bit much for me. *shrugs*

(And just to clarify, so that there's no confusion for newbies with the rest of my post, I prefer using the terms "slash" and "femslash" in the place of "yaoi" and "yuri". I just....really dislike the look and sound of the word "yaoi", lol. Also, the yaoi/yuri terms tend to be used more for ships from manga/anime, rather than other forms of media, which I've found tends to call them "slash" instead....anyway, word rambling over XD)

I'm just gonna list my top 5 slash and femslash ships, haha

Slash:

1) Diode: I just CANNOT get over how adorable they are together and with each other, and the way they inspire each other so much, and are constantly gushing over how amazing the other is....and since Clemont's a main character, that means we get him interacting with Ash in nearly every episode, and it's so nice and refreshing to be able to have so much canon content between them; in comparison, shipping Pallet feels like I'm walking through a vast desert, since Gary was in the show so little, and there hasn't been any signs of him reappearing any time soon. *sighs forever*

2) Pallet: Speaking of....lol, yeah, I ship them pretty hard, and they were the undisputed OTP for quite a while. XD I especially loved their relationship post-Indigo League, as it was so nice to see their dynamic change, and their relationship blossom from bitter rivals to friends. ^^

3) Brock/N: Look, I know it's complete and total crack. AND YET. I can actually see them working out surprisingly well; N would definitely appreciate Brock trying to become a Pokemon doctor, and it'd be a nice way of showing him yet more ways that humans can actually benefit Pokemon, and imo, N desperately needs someone to mother him a bit, and who better for that job than Brock, the original mom friend? XP

4) Coma: Paul may have gotten on my nerves quite often, but honestly, he and Ash had the best chemistry ever---and imo, it was the best chemistry that Ash has ever had with any other character. And the final payoff of them coming to respect each other at last was worth having to suffer through Paul's attitude. :p I just wish that we could see more of them being friends now, like they did with Ash and Gary.

5) Collide: Oh my gosh, Ash and Barry were just so cute together?! I'm always a sucker for people who can appreciate Ash's awesomeness, and we didn't have to wait forever for Barry to see it, not like it was for Ash and Paul. And just...Barry had quite a few moments where he showed such genuine concern and care for Ash, even in the midst of his Paul fanboying, so...my heart kind of melted. XD

Femslash:

1) Appeal: This is seriously one of the best relationships in the anime EVER. I adore Zoey forever and ever, she is my queen, and I love how different her and Dawn's rivalry was from the well-established rival formula we've had before. I love that Zoey never demeans or tears Dawn down, she never talks down to her, I love that Zoey is just so supportive and non-judgmental right from the get-go, and I just....*screams* GIRLS LOVING AND SUPPORTING EACH OTHER, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!

2) ChampsElysee: Basically, this ship to me is like the Korrasami of Pokemon; taking the two girls who were the most obviously interested in Ash, and instead of going down the awful path of a love triangle or them fighting over a boy, to have them end up with each other? HECK YES FOREVER. And I just think that Misty and Serena would really benefit from being in a relationship together, and I can see them helping each other grow and blossom....just like Korra and Asami did. ;P

3) FancyFashion: I think Dawn and Serena would just have so much in common, and I love the idea of two such feminine girls teaming up and kicking butt. XD Like, lesbians/girls who like girls are so often stereotyped as being really butch, so it's nice to see two girls who very much don't fit the stereotype end up falling in love. *shrugs*

4) May/Alto Mare!Bianca: The crack strikes again. XD Idk, I have a whole scenario planned out for how they would meet, and how they would get along and such, but it's too long for me to put here. I just like them. XDDD

5) 1000Wishes: Oh man, I just think that May and Iris would get along GREAT. Like, I can really picture them as travel buddies; even when May disliked Pokemon in the beginning, the whole reason she got one was so that she could travel, and lord knows that Iris loves seeing the world. Also, I think May would greatly appreciate Iris's berry-finding talents. XP

AmericanPi

Write on
For some really flipping weird reason, there are a ton of female/female Pokemon ships I like, and I can't really think of a male/male one that I strongly support. Which is weird, because I'm all for male/male pairings (real-life sports bromances mostly). But other than those aforementioned sports bromances, I realized that in general - not just in Pokemon - I like female/female pairings a lot more than male/male ones. Maybe it's because when there's a male character I usually ship him with a female. In the end, though, I really don't know why I prefer female/female ships to male/male ones, but I don't particularly care because shipping is just fun and stuff.

On the topic of Pokemon, however, I absolutely adore AppealShipping (Dawn x Zoey), and it is one of my top ten Pokemon ships (or maybe even top five). Whenever Zoey shows up there's usually romantic music in the background as Dawn talks to her, and it's adorable. Their relationship is awesome, and the way they support each other and share a passion for Pokemon Contests makes me really like this ship.

I think my favorite male/male Pokemon ship would be N/Hilbert (which I actually couldn't find a name for, what?). FerrisWheelShipping bothers me for some reason, and the fact that N has the exact same dialogue with Hilbert as he does with Hilda makes me think that N is probably bisexual. I ship Hilda with Cheren, but I mostly ship Cheren with Bianca, which leaves Hilda kind of single because I ship N with Hilbert. Although part of me ships Hilda with that random girl the player character can date on the Ferris Wheel. Y'know, the one who says that the player character is smart and pretty and nice. XD

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
In my case, you might as well rephrase the question to instead read, 'Which M/F pairings *do* you support?' (Answer: RocketShipping.) I've been a true-blue fujoshi for over a decade after all!

Lemme break it down for you:

Favorite Slash Pairings

• HardenShipping [Archie/Maxie]
  • PerfectWorldShipping [Lysandre/Sycamore]
  • AbsoluteControlShipping [Giovanni/Cyrus]
  • AntigravityShipping [Ghetsis/Colress]
  • DarkParadiseShipping [apparently Kukui/Guzma]
  • Willow/Spark

Favorite Femslash Pairings

• AlphaFemaleShipping [Shelly/Courtney]
  • PhaesporiaShipping [Cynthia/Diantha]
  • Candela/Blanche

I support many, many more than these, but I'd rather not spend all day sharing them. (0v< )9

Status
Not open for further replies.