1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favourite mythical creature?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Xena, Aug 1, 2015.

?

What is your favourite mythical creature?

1. Griffin

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Kraken

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. Centaur

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Vampire

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Werewolf

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. Mermaid

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Dragon

25 vote(s)
    41.0%
  8. Minotaur

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. Fairy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (Please specify in your post!)

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Xena

Xena Warrior Princess

Mythical creatures have been devised throughout history by many different civilisations. People seem to be drawn to exciting and unknown ideas.

There are countless mythical creatures out there so the poll options just include a handful of well-known species. My favourite is the Werewolf, tied closely with the Dragon and Minotaur! I particularly enjoy the type of Werewolf that takes the form of a bipedal wolf, similar to those in the 2004 movie Van Helsing.

Tell me why your favourite is special to you, and if you select "Other" please elaborate and provide a picture if possible! :) (Keep in mind that pictures can't exceed 500kb in size!)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. Minedreigon

Minedreigon A monument to all your sins

The Greek Sphinx said to have guarded Thebes is interesting. I love the idea of a creature that killed a devoured all unable to solve its riddle. It's like the Riddler from Batman but with a cooler appearance, so that's one of my favourites I love riddles and birds so I have no reason not to like it. I'm also a very big fan of the Manticore and the Basilisk, but my favourite has to be the Hydra. I love snakes, I love dragons in general, and regenerating heads is just bloody cool.

3. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Unicorns lolololololol

4. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

Dragons, ez choice.

5. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Dragons are so awesome, and I really like Vampires and Werewolfs. When I was a kid, Vampires used to scare the crap out of me. Eventually, when I got older, I started to get into horror flicks. I ended up liking Vampires.

6. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

I'll throw in a vote for griffins - I like them as much as I do dragons.

7. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

Dragons, whether they're from Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! or whatever.

8. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I've always loved mythology and mythical creatures and the like. Of the stuff listed in the poll I'd say werewolves or dragons are my favourite but there's a bunch of fairy folklore in Ireland too, so I grew up hearing stories about that and they've always interested me. The dullahan and the banshee are probably the creepiest/my favourites in that regard.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  9. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Dragons without a doubt.

10. Dragons by far. They are the alpha mythical creature.

11. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

Always had a thing for mythical snakes, like the midgard serpent; good god is that thing awesome. I guess that applies to gorgons as well.

12. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Well, and you could probably guess this, I've always been fond of vampires. So, they're probably my favorite (though mermaids, unicorns, and all the rabbit-based creatures are pretty high up on the list).

13. SparklingMistral

SparklingMistral The #1 Remus Lupin f

They're all pretty rad, but I've always thought werewolves were the coolest.

14. Little Missy

Little Missy Free cake for all~

Where be the unicorn option?! But dragons are a close second for me!

15. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Minotaur are attractive so I voted for those

16. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

The Phoenix is my personal favorite due to its looks and how it is portrayed in legends. I also think it's cool how it will die in flames only to be reborn. All the different types of dragons are my second favorite mythological creature.

17. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Dragons slightly edge out the Hydra IMO

18. Shindo

Shindo Well-Known Member

Dragon I guess, because being able to fly is the ultimate freedom.

19. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Werewolves are my favorite. Although I actually prefer the Full on wolf transformation. Not a big of a fan of the bipedal ones like...ex: Lupin vs Sirius in Harry Potter. (Even though Sirius looked more like a dog ._. just was the closest to description I could think of.)

I also have a thing for wings. More like majestic, exotic, angelic looking ones, but I do like Phoenixes and the Pegasus.

Also Angels, but I guess thats another territory <.>

20. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

Pegassi are my favorite, though phoenixes (?) and dragons are not far behind.