• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favourite mythical creature?

What is your favourite mythical creature?

• Griffin

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kraken

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Centaur

• Vampire

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Werewolf

• Mermaid

• Dragon

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Minotaur

• Fairy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please specify in your post!)

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Xena

Warrior Princess
Mythical creatures have been devised throughout history by many different civilisations. People seem to be drawn to exciting and unknown ideas.

There are countless mythical creatures out there so the poll options just include a handful of well-known species. My favourite is the Werewolf, tied closely with the Dragon and Minotaur! I particularly enjoy the type of Werewolf that takes the form of a bipedal wolf, similar to those in the 2004 movie Van Helsing.

Tell me why your favourite is special to you, and if you select "Other" please elaborate and provide a picture if possible! :) (Keep in mind that pictures can't exceed 500kb in size!)

Last edited:

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
The Greek Sphinx said to have guarded Thebes is interesting. I love the idea of a creature that killed a devoured all unable to solve its riddle. It's like the Riddler from Batman but with a cooler appearance, so that's one of my favourites I love riddles and birds so I have no reason not to like it. I'm also a very big fan of the Manticore and the Basilisk, but my favourite has to be the Hydra. I love snakes, I love dragons in general, and regenerating heads is just bloody cool.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Dragons are so awesome, and I really like Vampires and Werewolfs. When I was a kid, Vampires used to scare the crap out of me. Eventually, when I got older, I started to get into horror flicks. I ended up liking Vampires.

SmartD

Dragons, whether they're from Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! or whatever.

Grey Wind

I've always loved mythology and mythical creatures and the like. Of the stuff listed in the poll I'd say werewolves or dragons are my favourite but there's a bunch of fairy folklore in Ireland too, so I grew up hearing stories about that and they've always interested me. The dullahan and the banshee are probably the creepiest/my favourites in that regard.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Dragons without a doubt.

Dragons by far. They are the alpha mythical creature.

phanpycross

God-king
Always had a thing for mythical snakes, like the midgard serpent; good god is that thing awesome. I guess that applies to gorgons as well.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well, and you could probably guess this, I've always been fond of vampires. So, they're probably my favorite (though mermaids, unicorns, and all the rabbit-based creatures are pretty high up on the list).

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Phoenix is my personal favorite due to its looks and how it is portrayed in legends. I also think it's cool how it will die in flames only to be reborn. All the different types of dragons are my second favorite mythological creature.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Dragons slightly edge out the Hydra IMO

Shindo

Dragon I guess, because being able to fly is the ultimate freedom.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Werewolves are my favorite. Although I actually prefer the Full on wolf transformation. Not a big of a fan of the bipedal ones like...ex: Lupin vs Sirius in Harry Potter. (Even though Sirius looked more like a dog ._. just was the closest to description I could think of.)

I also have a thing for wings. More like majestic, exotic, angelic looking ones, but I do like Phoenixes and the Pegasus.

Also Angels, but I guess thats another territory <.>