• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favourite ORAS Mega Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Inspired by What is your favorite mega evolution of XY?, which Megas of ORAS did you like the best?

Make sure that you give a reason for why you made your choice.

My favourites included Mega Altaria because this particular Mega made Altaria shoot all the way up to OU, Mega Rayquaza because of its power and Mega Salamence also because of its power. I would also consider Mega Metagross because it was simply cooler than a normal Metagross.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
My favourite is Mega Rayquaza because it has 780 bst, Delta Stream which overrides other weather effects, and gain a powerful move called Dragon Ascent.

In my opinion its Mega Mawile.

With his ability Huge Power, majority of his physical moves are boosted alot.

Moves like sucker punch,are a lot more effective. And if you manage to get a swords dance of you can sweep his whole team with the move sucker punch.

Last edited:

Flamer

Not sure if it counts since it was technically in XY, but I really like Mega Latias. Don't actually use her any more because of Soul Dew, but the jet engine style wings and the whole soaring stuff is pretty cool.

Quite like Mega Swapert too, just for its looks. Definitely my favourite out of the the Hoenn starter's Mega Evos

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Mega Slowbro, yo! :D And Mega Lopunny, 'cause I've got one and it is so over-powered! Bounce, Close Combat, Drain Punch and Return was my move-set, and it was so darn OP. I won against every trainer and my next mega will definitely be Slowbro. Slowking is alright but I dunno I always liked Slowbro better.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Mega Altaria. The design is adorable and I love the juxtaposition of Fairy and Dragon typing.

Although, for in game play I tend to use Mega Swampert as it can easily sweep the E4.

Mega Swampert - It looks like this thing has been secretly pumping iron over time since gen 3.

Mega Camerupt - The Sugi art for this thing is just awesome and hilarious. :) It's also like Absol, in which it's mega I like better than the normal form.

Mega Metagross - Seriously, it looks like something out of Star Trek. It's amazing! :)

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I don't use Mega Evolution often in OR/AS, but if I was going to pick a most favorite, that would be Mega Rayquaza, because of how tightly he's tied to the lore of Mega Evolution and Hoenn's lore in general. As well its god-like power.

Mega Salamence is probably my favorite, judging by design and concepts mostly. The wing does look ridiculous, but I think it fits with the whole theme of the Bagon line always wanting to fly. Mega Salamence cranks it up to 11(besides, Salamence's wings always looked a bit weird), and I like Mega Evolutions the best when they expand on pre-existing themes(as in bringing out the full potential) instead of going completely different ways with the concept. I also enjoy when Mega Evolutions bring back some features from previous stages, in this case I'm referring to the body armor extending from the stomach and going around the chest as well. While I'm not a huge fan of overpowered abilities like -ates, Aerilate fits Mega Salamence to a T. That said, Mega Salamence is still pokémon's only answer to a standard winged quadrupedal European dragon, and that is something to appreciate. Quadrupedal dragons always looked the best to me and (Mega) Salamence is no exception.

The rest of my top 5 is (in order) Mega Swampert, Mega Metagross, Mega Sableye and Mega Steelix.
(I also love Mega Diancie's design, but I can't help but think that it should have been regular Diancie's design from the start. Regular Diancie just seems so uninspired to me and seems like it was made with it being able to Mega Evolve in mind. So while it does look great it is on regular Diancie's cost, which is why it didn't make the cut.)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm going to say Mega Rayquaza, but not because of it's stats, or ability to hold an item, or how powerful Dragon's Ascent is, or how powerful it is in general. It could absolutely suck in battles, and it would still be my favorite. I pick it because it is the single most amazingly designed Mega Evolution created so far. Just looking at it inspires awe. I never thought a Mega could beat out Mega Charizard X, but Mega Rayquaza did. Next to Giratina, it is my favorite design in all of Pokemon.

Ascended Dialga

I'm gonna say Mega Pidgeot. It pleases me to know that a starter bird overshadowed by the likes of Staraptor and Talonflame is finally getting some love. It's fast and fun to battle with, and it's one of few Pokémon that uses Hyper Beam well.

In my opinion its Mega Mawile.

With his ability Huge Power, majority of his physical moves are boosted alot.

Moves like sucker punch,are a lot more effective. And if you manage to get a swords dance of you can sweep his whole team with the move sucker punch.

Mega Mawile was introduced in XY, not in ORAS.

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
Mega Lopunny, easily. Caught my attention on the trailer when it was facing Mega Sableye. Usually how I envision it when I Mega it and use it; basically try to incorporate in all my teams plus I don't think it gets enough love online. Altaria is an honorable mention, though. Dat Dragon/Fairy typing.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Quite a few became my favorites:

Mega Pidgeot: It simply became more majestic. I love Pidgeots' design, but Mega Pidgeot just made it more elegant as well as fierce. Staraptor-ish, but in its own unique way.

Mega Sceptile: Finally got a dragon typing and it fits it quite well. It was pretty good on my team in AS. Also design wise its pretty cool.

Mega Loppuny: Back in fourth gen, I really had no reason using Loppuny. Normal types just weren't for me. Mega Lopunny adds a nice typing it needed seeing as it learns pretty good moves for its Mega.

Mega Gallade: Quite smooth and nice in design. Got to use one on my playthrough and it was fantastic in battle.

Mega Diancie: Simply beautiful. Royal and elegant it seems to now surpass the beauty of a Milotic. XP I kid, but Diances Mega Evolution is very pretty.

Cerex

Mega Beedrill because it represents one of the best iterations of a Mega Evolutions, namely giving Pokemon usually regulated to just being dex flller the potential to actually make it onto to a team. Sure, there might still be better bug types and even better Mega Evolution Bug type Pokemon; however, Beedrill shot up in many tiers with its Mega Evolution. My hope is that GameFreak continues to give life to fully evolve Pokemon that do not really make the cut competitively Mega Evolutions so that we can hopefully diversity the metagame.

Hmm... My favorite ORAS ME's... Mega Metagross has to be number 1 for me. It looks like a ship out of the Star Trek universe, gets an actual benefit from Agility, and just demolishes stuff with its Tough Claws ability. I definitely had to grab the shiny Beldum event, so I could witness the glory and brilliance that was Shiny Mega Metagross!

My second favorite ORAS ME has to be Mega Altaria. This thing is so beastly, yet so fluffy at the same time! How did GF even manage that? Regardless, it's a beautiful monster in battles, it's a worthy opponent in contests (took me and my Cosplay Pikachu 3 tries to beat Lisia), and not only is it offensively sound, its typing is among the best in the game defensively, and has all of regular Altaria's bulk, to boot! Pixilate is the icing on the cake for this critter; if everything else was good about it, its ability pushed it over the top!

My third favorite is not a ME, but a Primal Reversion. Primal Groudon is quite godly--it gets a tremendous boost to its SpAtk, which enables it to finally mixed-sweep; it gets an immunity to its biggest weakness with Desolate Land drying up Water-type moves; and its new typing gives its Fire moves even more raw elemental power! About the only thing that can reliably harm it is Mega Rayquayquay, but then that guy is almightier than Lord HelixArceus Himself.

Rio!

Composer
Hmm, that's pretty difficult to narrow down. :eek:

On your standard team, I really like Mega Char-Y and Lopunny.
- Char-Y has a nice simple, but graceful transition IMO considering typing and original design.
- Lopunny since I'm always up for a Normal having a chance to shine since they sometimes get shafted as generations wear on
- M-Gyarados is an honorable mention since I generally liked using him in the first place, plus I'm a big fan of the design in general too

As far as Ubers+ though, I have to say Mega Rayquaza. Those tassles. ;D
I've even kind of started a mini collection of RL merch of him. xD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hmm, that's pretty difficult to narrow down. :eek:

On your standard team, I really like Mega Char-Y and Lopunny.
- Char-Y has a nice simple, but graceful transition IMO considering typing and original design.
- Lopunny since I'm always up for a Normal having a chance to shine since they sometimes get shafted as generations wear on
- M-Gyarados is an honorable mention since I generally liked using him in the first place, plus I'm a big fan of the design in general too

As far as Ubers+ though, I have to say Mega Rayquaza. Those tassles. ;D
I've even kind of started a mini collection of RL merch of him. xD

Wait... Just to inform, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Gyarados aren't ORAS Mega Evolutions but the others (Lopunny and Rayquaza) are alright.

Rio!

Composer
Wait... Just to inform, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Gyarados aren't ORAS Mega Evolutions but the others (Lopunny and Rayquaza) are alright.

I see. I'll remember the next time I post.

Status
Not open for further replies.