• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favourite ORAS Mega Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Definitely Mega Camarupt and Mega Sharpedo due to their power ups and the fact they're the ace pokemon of their respective team's leaders. Plus their aesthetics are a nice touch

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A tie between Mega Gallade and Mega Salamence for me. I simply adore their designs, though I've never used the latter for some reason. I like Mega Swampert and Mega Steelix somewhat as well.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Mega Lopunny is my favourite from ORAS, along with Sableye. I used Lopunny as my in-game Mega and for Super Multi and she hasn't disappointed me. She even one-shotted the Chatelaine's Thundurus and Landorus which made my day as I can't stand the Super Singles Chatelaine (only faced her in ORAS in Super Multi). I've also really enjoyed using Mega Salamence and Mega Sceptile in the Battle Maison. I like almost all of the new Mega Evolutions and want to try using them all at some point (Slowbro is next on the list), with the exception of Rayquaza and Diancie (Diancie because I can't use it in the Battle Maison, and Rayquaza because I just don't like it).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Primal Groudon is another favorite of mine although it is technically a primal and not mega evolution but it kind of works the same. I like it because: Desolate Land reduces weaknesses to one, special atk has increased a bit, gains fire type so it can get stab for fire moves, a powerful new signature move, Solar Beam can be used straight away which is handy against water or ground types and it has a massive 770 bst.

NotABeginningTrainer

One mega that I really want to try is Beedrill. I think it would be really fun to use in the Maison (except for all the quick claw hax). Anyone have any insight?

xEryChan

Demon Child
Mega Altaria is my personal favorite. Altaria has always been a favorite Pokemon of mine but I love the fact the fact that it got a mega in ORAS. It's typing is really good. I used one in my OR game and I was surprised at how good it actually was.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mega Altaria is my personal favorite. Altaria has always been a favorite Pokemon of mine but I love the fact the fact that it got a mega in ORAS. It's typing is really good. I used one in my OR game and I was surprised at how good it actually was.

I agree how good it is. Its Mega has made it better in competitive because of its unique typing + better investment into improvement of its stats (except for Speed), making it shoot up to OU and when I tried it in the Battle Institute, it survived in all battles except for the last one.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I agree how good it is. Its Mega has made it better in competitive because of its unique typing + better investment into improvement of its stats (except for Speed), making it shoot up to OU and when I tried it in the Battle Institute, it survived in all battles except for the last one.

Mega Altaria is pretty decent and one of the few decent fairy types (the others being Xerneas and Fairy Arceus). I also like Mega Metagross because of its awesome design and ability.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I love Mega Altaria. Regular Altaria is one of my favourite Hoenn Pokemon, so I was glad to see it get a Mega Evolution, especially after my #1 favourite Hoenn Pokemon (Milotic) didn't. I made Altaria my Mega on my OR team and LOVE using it. Mega Altaria's definitely one of my best team members and I have it with me all the time. I love the Dragon/Fairy type combination and think its design is adorable because of how fluffy it is.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
ORAS Megas.
Altaria. Obviously, catching a Swablu was a necessity for me, because even back in the RSE days. I had an Altaria. Mega evolve it and it looks like a cloud. Pixilate is pretty cool. Dragon/Fairy combination is powerful, but cute. Dragon dance and a supportive movepool.
I also like Rayquaza. Like an overpowered Pokémon really needed more power, but hey, it works. It's even better in black.
Audino. The white gives it a more pure, healing feel, and less of a Chansey copycat.
Diancie. Because I'm very much a girl, and it's pretty. I wish I had jewels shooting out of me. Not really, because that would probably hurt.

Worst. Slowbro. I wish they never did that to Slowbro.
Ratbro is better than even that.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I'm kind of surprised at the lack of Mega Gallade in this thread. He was by far my favorite, even though Sableye and Audino are both great. Audino has great doubles usage as well as defenses, and Sab has magic bounce and calm mind making it a sp tank. But seeing as I love to run tailwind skarm alongside another mon in doubles, Gallade makes the perfect choice with that attack stat, and close combat.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
While Beedrill has never been a favorite of mine, its Mega easily has the best design out of all of them. I'm not an art buff so I couldn't tell you why in analytical detail; it's just really good.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Like many others in this thread, Mega Altaria. I love the ridiculous amount of fluff the thing gets, and Dragon/Fairy is a great type combo as well - particularly when you Mega Evolve when the opponent tries to hit you with a Dragon move!

Torpoleon

Mega Metagross, who is apart of my Omega Ruby Team. It is a great addition because of the main resistances Metagross has (and when it goes Mega, it gets a nice boosts to all of its stats, especially Speed (which was needed)). Tough Claws make it even more powerful too. Not much of a fan of the other ORAS Megas, though of course Mega Rayquaza is incredibly OP. Disappointed that there is still no Mega Flygon.

Grey Wind

Sceptile. It's my favourite Pokemon and I was really happy with how its mega turned out. I still think the detachable tail concept is kind of weird and the ability is meh, but I love everything else about it (especially its typing). After that, I'd say Metagross, Sableye, Pidgeot and Salamence are my favourites.

I actually really like all of the ORAS megas. I found the XY ones to be kind of over designed at times.

XXD17

Draco rex
Mega sceptile for sure. It basically became the epitome of what I wanted in sceptile with grass/ dragon typing. Battling-wise, definitely mega-lop. That thing is so powerful in battle.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
If we're just limited to what was introduced in ORAS and not XY, then I'd say Mega Glalie. It's design and execution are just insane. I'm not too interested in the other Megas that came out, and most of them seem forcibly shoehorned.

Now, if we're talking all the Megas to come out so far, then Mega Garchomp tops my list. I prefer the original Megas to the new ORAS Megas, but Mega Garchomp is not only spectacular flavor wise, but it's also very potent. Love that menacing grimace!

tomlithegreat

my favourite Mega Evolotion is Mega Alakazam, cause it just looks cool, and Alakazam is one of my favourite pokemon :D

Mr.FusRoDah

As for my favorite, I would have to say Mega Mewtwo X and Y. Why? Simple - It's already apparent that Mewtwo is the poster child of "WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?!1!!!!". Why not amp it up with a convienently placed pair of mega stones that either allow it to enhance it's natural Psychic abilities and overcome Freddy Kreuger, I mean Darkrai? Or to take a Physical turn and become a lean mean researcher-mutilating machine? Two overpowered Frankensteins to choose from. Also, Mega Charizard X and Y are amazing too. I also respect Mega Glalie and love Mega Gengar.

Status
Not open for further replies.