• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favourite ORAS Mega Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Probably mega latios and sceptile. I hate mega swampert DX

Estellise

peachy
i'm honestly not a fan of most mega evolutions, simply because design > stats imo, but i have to say... mega gardevoir is pretty AND strong, so that's a check from me.

Sprinter1988

Mega Pidgeot. My favourite bird finally gets the redemption it deserves. Also, Mega Pidgeot with Hyper Beam really is fun, if not the best use of a move slot!

I would say Mega Sceptile, because I've always liked Sceptile the best of the starters, but until someone corrects its terrible move-pool, Pidgeot comes in first.

KillerDraco

Mega Pidgeot. My favourite bird finally gets the redemption it deserves. Also, Mega Pidgeot with Hyper Beam really is fun, if not the best use of a move slot!

I would say Mega Sceptile, because I've always liked Sceptile the best of the starters, but until someone corrects its terrible move-pool, Pidgeot comes in first.

Don't you think it's a little ironic to place Mega Pidgeot over Mega Sceptile due to Sceptile's lack of special attacks when Pidgeot's special movepool is even worse?

Just saying.

I'm partial to Mega Beedrill and Mega Lopunny. I'm a big fan of the rags to riches stories, and personally I've always believed that the Mega Evolutions that breathe new life into garbage Pokemon were the most practical and useful.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm partial to Mega Beedrill and Mega Lopunny. I'm a big fan of the rags to riches stories, and personally I've always believed that the Mega Evolutions that breathe new life into garbage Pokemon were the most practical and useful.

That reminds of what happened to Altaria when it got a mega. Its Mega was useful and the base Pokémon was garbage in terms of competitive battling. To be very honest, I really like those rags to riches stories and it was because I liked Altaria a lot more.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Don't you think it's a little ironic to place Mega Pidgeot over Mega Sceptile due to Sceptile's lack of special attacks when Pidgeot's special movepool is even worse?

While that is somewhat true, I found Mega Pidgeot much easier to use in-game than Mega Sceptile as Mega Sceptile's dragon typing served little value until post-game when I could give it Dragon Pulse.

Mega Pidgeot has the superior ability, granting it 100% accurate moves (great for Hurricane, Hyper Beam and Heat Wave!) One Heart Scale and one TM15 later and for the most part, Mega Pidgeot was set for use in-game.

Compare that to Mega Sceptile, who has to rely on the special attack-lowering Leaf Storm for its most powerful move, the very inaccurate Focus Blast for coverage and a useless until post game secondary typing, and an ability that is only useful when hit by an electrical attack, the huge weakness to ice... Mega Pidgeot just proved itself more useful in-game IMO - even without Heat Wave it was able to deal death and destruction to most things while Sceptile could land one powerful hit before needing to be switched out.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Mega Slowbro is my favorite ORAS mega, keeping in mind that I haven't used any of them much. I liked his design from the start, and I've enjoyed some battles with him. I also like Sceptile, Salamence, and Glalie.

Rensch

Have to go with Mega Swampert. Swampert was always one of my favourite Pokémon. This Mega Evolution makes it ever cooler.

Cutty

Forever now
Mega Altaria, Beedrill, Lopunny, Metagross, Gallade, Glalie, Camerupt and Diancie.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Have to go with Mega Swampert. Swampert was always one of my favourite Pokémon. This Mega Evolution makes it ever cooler.

Yeah, I too like Mega Swampert a lot. One weakness, couple of resistances and gets faster in rain with its ability.

ViralN9

That other guy
I'm a big fan of Mega Salamence. I'm already a huge fan of Salamence and its mega is so ridiculous looking I can't help but love it. Mega-Mence is also really strong, which helps.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Mine's Mega Sceptile since I'm a huge Sceptile fan to begin with. I love its pointy spear-like tail.

Mega Sceptile's decent enough. I like Treecko's line, but even tho I used Sceptile in Omega Ruby, I've only used mega Sceptile twice. I like the original one better is all. ^^

Ashrynn

Mega Pidgeot - When I saw this originally I was so psyched to finally play Pidgeot. However, they didn't do much to his move pool which was really sad. Back in Gen 1 and 2 Pidgey was one of the first Pokemon I caught and I loved using one because I never knew it was weaker than a Fearow.

Now I'm using it and am so happy - Hurricane Spam is just incredible! Hopefully they decide to give Pidgeot Focus Blast someday(really, really soon), but beyond that he's a super fun Mega Evo to play and one most people don't use.

M.P.

Retired
Mega Sceptile, Mega Metagross and Mega Beedrill are my favorites.

Mega Rayquaza looks awesome, but it's just too overpowered to my liking.

SoraPrince

Little Brother
Mega Blaziken

Mega Beedrill.
Is it the best? No. Arguable. But the whole point of mega evolution should be making a Pokémon competitively viable and it's mega evolution sure saved Beedrill from being forgotten.
Not to mention awesome new design.

Status
Not open for further replies.