• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your favourite ORAS Mega Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Bulbasaur

It's a toss up between Mega Mawile and Mega Lopunny. They look amazing and their designs are stellar. Also, I love Mawile and Lopunny so much ahh!!

I find Mega Sceptile to be my favorite as the starters were always about equal in my (trainer) eyes. But oh boy did the mega forms change that. Now I find it Sceptile>Swampert>Blaziken, with the bases being equal.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
My favourite ORAS Mega Evolution was probably Mega Flygon Swampert or Altaria. Swampert is one of my favourite starters ever (behind Venusaur) and so I was psyched when it was revealed to have a Mega Evolution. Whilst I do like Sceptile's sleek design and cool typing Swampert retains what it already had - bulk and power - and just emphasized it through a bulkier, more muscular design. Swift Swim was a nice ability for it to fit on Rain teams competitively, but maybe it would have preferred an ability that focused more on it's Attack or bulk, but regardless it's pretty nifty and I enjoyed abusing it on a Rain team in early ORAS against people testing the OP Mega Salamence in OU before it got banned.

Altaria become a ton more adorable being surrounded by fluff and it got an incredible typing, much more bulk and a sweet ability in Pixilate. I was never able to successfully build around it in ORAS but it was a perfect bulky sweeper with Dragon Dance or a solid pivot with it's bulk and access to utility like Heal Bell and Roost. I was particularly looking forward to using it on one of my ORAS in-game teams, and my friend told me when he used it that Altaria performed well. An all-round decent Mega Evolution.

My favorite ORAS Mega Pokemon was Mega Gallade because it looks gallant and majestic. Mega Salamence is my second choice since I like boomerangs.

acetrainerlewis

My favourite ORAS Megas would have to be Mega Gallade and Mega Steelix. Gallade because it looks cool and improves on it's design; and Steelix because I feel like it actually looks like "power" is bursting from it. I mean crystals have blasted through it's body and it has gained an orbital pull, I mean, c'mon.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It's really hard to choose just one, so I'll just shortlist my favourite three in order :
1. Mega Metagross
2. Mega Gallade
3. Mega Sceptile

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
Love mega slowbro<3 i thought its mega design was creative and fresh. It looks so confident in that floating shell.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Haganeil (Steelix). I didn't have much interest in the original Haganeil if I'm being honest, but its Mega Evolution has a great design and makes an excellent defensive Pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My favourite ORAS Mega Evolutions are:

1) Mega Gallade
2) Mega Sceptile
3) Mega Latias/Latios

The Living Daylights

Ghost Collector
Mega Blaziken, Metagross and Rayquaza first and foremost, since I liked the original Pokemon so much and I felt these did them justice (also because I have fond memories of pounding the Pokemon League with them :). Aside from them, probably Mega Latios/Latias for the soaring feature.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
My favorite mega from ORAS is Mega Altaria. Altaria is, hands down, one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon and I really love it's design. Dragon/Fairy is such an interesting typing, if you ask me. I used a mega Alraria in my playthrough and I loved it, definitely would not mind using one again.

Cat's Eye Draco

My favorites would probably be Mega Altaria, because it's Fairy typing gives it a useful edge over other Dragons, and Mega Lopunny, because it was kind of unexpected and (as thexuberant1 noted) Scrappy is a very helpful ability for a Normal/Fighting type to have against Ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.