• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your ideal Pokemon canon?

Which canon do you prefer?

• Total voters

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Just a thought that I had a while back. Since Pokemon has had quite a few incarnations over the years, I figure that most people must have their own interpretations of the series and how they imagine/wish it to be. I wondered which official canon everyone prefers or feels most accurately reflects the way they perceive the Pokemon world, or if they'd rather have something else altogether.

For me, I always thought that the 'Magical Pokemon Journey' manga ('Pipipi Adventures') was most similar to the way I imagine the Pokemon world would be, essentially a place where the Pokemon talk and interact with humans like it was nothing and they go on wacky, lighthearted adventures together. Not exactly the way they're portrayed in the main staple of the series, the games, but that's the way I see it (or would rather it be, more likely). So what I want to know is which canon everyone else prefers and why.

Opinions?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
A mix, I think. The darkness of Special and some of the other mangas, the lightness of MPJ, the weirdness of the anime, and the collectablity of the games.

alzzy126

GOLDEN SHINX
the fun and time consuming effort is why i like the gAMES

taitofan

Stalker!
A mix of the anime and the games. I like to think that the anime is how a lot of the pokemon competitions run (big tournaments, pokemon know more than four moves, they can dodge, ect), and well as how pokemon are valued (best friends, not just pets and tools). But I like the thoughts of Fiore and Orre being by themselves and doing their own thing, as well as the crime of the main games.

So the anime's sap mixed with some of the seriousness from the games. Yep.

Definitely the games. I grab certain aspects from Special (Such as the Whitney/Mary *snoggy*friendship, and Mary's hairdo.) and the Anime (Pokémon can use all the Moves they've learnt unless they don't use it for too long, as well as the Tournament set-up for Pokémon Leagues while making the Elite Four wandering Trainers helping out here and there, or just patrolling the Region.), but I vastly prefer the games in its entire. They also provide the most freedom to make a world of your own conception. That's all I'd say about this. But yes. The games win. :D

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Ideal for what? The anime has some of the more workable lesser characters for a fanfic writer...special has the darkness and whatnot...MPJ has the best core cast...and of course the games are there if you really want to spend all that time EV training. I don't, personally, but I can understand those who do.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
A mix of the games and anime, with a bit of my own fanon ideas thrown in to fill any of the cracks that haven't been explained yet.