• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your LEAST favorite character debut episode?

There have been many characters in the Pokemon over the years, and obviously all of them have had debut episodes. Which one was your LEAST favorite, and why?

For instance:

Looker. Looker was debuted in a random filler episode, not in a team galactic episode, etc.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Steven in AG. So glad the ME Specials fixed that.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hau, Trip as well.

Litleonid

I wanna say Hau because it just happened far too late. I mean we spent a handful of time with his grandfather prior to his debut, so why did they take so long for Hau to finally show up? Its gonna be a lot worse though if Hop ever gets to debut, considering we've spent all this time with his older brother and his role in the Darkest Day arc was handed off to Goh.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I didn’t like Serena’s debut that much because of how random her motives to go on a journey was. I mean deciding to travel with Ash just because he was nice to you at some summer camp years ago and wanting to go with him just because you saw him on tv just doesn’t work. That’s like me wanting to move in with a party clown just because he performed at my fifth birthday and I just randomly saw him again years later and went after him. She also didn’t seem to have any actual goals for at least twenty episodes.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I didn’t like Serena’s debut that much because of how random her motives to go on a journey was. I mean deciding to travel with Ash just because he was nice to you at some summer camp years ago and wanting to go with him just because you saw him on tv just doesn’t work. That’s like me wanting to move in with a party clown just because he performed at my fifth birthday and I just randomly saw him again years later and went after him. She also didn’t seem to have any actual goals for at least twenty episodes.
This reminds me of how May wasn't much better than that
This ends up forgotten most of the time since the contest things were interesting

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
This reminds me of how May wasn't much better than that
This ends up forgotten most of the time since the contest things were interesting
May I kind of understand why her main goal took a bit to develop. It was because she really wasn’t into battling that much but she was a Gym Leader’s daughter and so it was expected that she also enjoyed having battles. May did prove to be useful early on as she was familiar with some of the locations in the earlier part of the series.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
May I kind of understand why her main goal took a bit to develop. It was because she really wasn’t into battling that much but she was a Gym Leader’s daughter and so it was expected that she also enjoyed having battles. May did prove to be useful early on as she was familiar with some of the locations in the earlier part of the series.

Same can be said about serena as well, she was the daughter of famous rhyhorn racer so her mother expected her to be rhyhorn racer like her. And she started her journey to skip the rhyhorn racing. Her decisions ere similar as well.

Ryker101

Hau’s was pretty disappointing, especially since he doesn’t appear until the league after. But since Ash already beat him in his debut there’s not much of a rivalry there. He’s also a good character in the games imo and I’m surprised they didn’t expand on him like they did with Gladion. Like he’s Hala’s grandson, surely make him appear earlier

I will say this. May only took 12 episodes to find her goal and just leave it at that.
still, no one is comparing the episodes that came after, just the DEBUT EPISODE

so if you're going to criticize Serena for that, you have to criticize May too

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But May had more of a legit reason to travel with Ash in her debut episode. Pikachu destroyed her bike and she originally wanted Ash to get her a new one until she noticed that Pikachu wasn’t feeling well and wasn’t its usual friendly self. May was already starting her journey when she met Ash. Serena just saw Ash randomly on tv and decided to run after him for no actual reason other than he was nice to her at summer camp when she was younger. There is a difference between May and Serena’s debuts.

But May had more of a legit reason to travel with Ash in her debut episode. Pikachu destroyed her bike and she originally wanted Ash to get her a new one until she noticed that Pikachu wasn’t feeling well and wasn’t its usual friendly self. May was already starting her journey when she met Ash. Serena just saw Ash randomly on tv and decided to run after him for no actual reason other than he was nice to her at summer camp when she was younger. There is a difference between May and Serena’s debuts.
Serena HAD ALREADY LEFT THE HOUSE to look for her starter before she met Ash. Like every 10 year old looking for an adventure, after handing Ash the scarf, HE INVITED HER but that was much later. May also left home for an starter, her debut episodes are the same.

Bendicion

Water Master
I didn't really like May's debut tbh. She starts out as a trainer with selfish intentions - she plans to go around and travel without a care of the Pokemon she'll have. She has a strong 180 within an episode or two, though, and grows to like them... and that is her character development. As Advance continues, she quickly neglects Torchic for her pretty pretty butterfly, to the point where it tries to train itself to capture her interest. It's only when it's strong and evolved that she seems to actually care for it.