• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your least favorite Pokemon Region, based off existing Pokemon Media, gamer etc and why?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Kanto. For me most of the Pokémon designs have gotten bland for me over the years, and then there’s TPC’s clear Genwunner Pandering when it comes to distribution of new forms and/or gimmicks. I’m sick of it. It’s also the reason why Charizard became my most disliked Pokémon, because it’s worshipped as a Genwunner’s mascot.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Alola cuz it has some inappropriate characters, especially in the anime
I like the region but........ ohh i HATE Rotom-Dex in the anime. That shrill voice is annoying. His detective moments are among the worst in the series.
Also whoever designed the angled nose whiskers should be fired.

Paldea is too big.
That's a good thing actually

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Huh, what's inappropriate about Alola? I can't think something offensive in Alola.

Since I only play games, Kalos would be my least fave so it didn't offer much aside from Emma's episode. If it has third version, hmm, that's tough which is my least fave... it would be Kanto, then. TPC seems to rely on it a lot recently. Didn't bother to play recent remakes.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I actually like Kalos but it’s definitely not high up the list tbh. The region’s Gym Leaders are easy, the evil team makes no sense and the Champion is a joke.
Although I will admit that most of it could be nostalgia because upon further research I can't remember most of the towns in this region. Now that Paldea is out it's def not my least favorite and up there with Unova, Sinnoh and Johto

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Probably a tie between Kalos and Galar. The latter feels like peak Pokecomplacency with its linear design, the flawed attempt at an open world in places while the former comes off like they had a good idea but released the game before it was finished

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Hoenn has never been my favorite, but ORAS made it better with the flying and the graphics update. AND, we got to dive in Hoenn, something no other region has done! Sinnoh’s Underground will never top diving under the sea.

I don’t know really, the Orre Region? It was pretty bleak. Every time I try and think of a (main entry) region there’s some redeeming quality, like Galar had the magnificent Glimwood Tangle, or Kalos’ many impressive towns, or the myriad of places in Paldea that are ecologically distinct.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I want to say Hoenn, gen three is my least favorite gen but Johto is just... boring. Johto feels more like an add-on to Kanto in some ways than its own region. The fact that you go BACK to Kanto in that game kinda furthers that feeling for me.