• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your least favorite thing in pokemon?

CometTheEmolga

Emolga's Trainer
Me? I think it has to be the unforgiving fanbase! :p

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
My least favorite thing in pokemon is the beginning pokemon of the game, like the rodents or birds. Some change, like Black and white 2 brought, would be nice.

My least favourite thing in pokemon is when the caves are filled with Zubat or Geodude in gens 1-4. Its just irritating as hell. Gen 5 was even worse with Woobat and Roggenrola. Its one of the small things that annoy me in life.

KillerDraco

IVs. They're just one of the most poorly designed game mechanics I've ever seen. You can either rely on a nigh 1-in-a-million chance to get the IVs you want the old fashioned way (both for catching and breeding, the former of which has little to no control), learn RNGing (which is in no way an easy or quick endeavor), or resort to hacking. The fact that so many people have resorted to hacking shows how genuinely flawed the system is.

Driftail

Wild for Water types
HMs. They take up move slots and you have to sacrifice a team slot for Watchog/Bibarel slave. The ones I hate the most, Flash, Rock Climb, and DEFOG. :(

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
IVs, the sturdy ability, the current gts system with people asking for 9 And under zekroms, no dark type gym, and not having beldum as an option to be your starter in every game.

Rai+

The fact that not all the pokemon I like are available without trading xd

tcg

私は日本語が話せない
The PTCG is dominated by EX's, game wise I don't like how I have to have a japanese ds to play my japanese game titles

Critical hits. It's like you have the skill to win, but all of a sudden you get slapped with a crit and you lose.

EpicAaron

Breeder and Trainer
Those game hacking devices. So many circles of pokemon fun lost due to hacked moves and unfairly obtained rare pokemon.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
I both hate and love the fanbase. Sometimes it's great, like for fanart, and then other times it can be utterley insufferable, like Gen Wars.

There are some other things I dislike, but it's those times in the fanbase that really stick out to me as the worst thing in Pokemon. But it's not like unruly fanbases are exclusive to the Pokemon series.

ECM

I hate some HMs, especially Cut. I hate how nowadays you need two HM slaves it seems (one on land and one on water) unless you're willing to give a water type every water-related HM. I dislike some of the shinies I consider somewhat boring, like Blaziken just being a few shades darker, or Charmander being a few shades lighter. I dislike two sets of fans: the people that say that only generation I is good, and the rest suck, and the people that hate on people whose favorite generation is gen I or II. You can't win with either of them. Lastly, I hate how rare Munchlax is in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I love Munchlax/Snorlax, but getting a Munchlax in those games is a bit of a pain. Not to mention getting a female Combee.

Jorge565

Magikarp
One of the things I don't like is the fact that you can't bring items from gen 4 games over when you are transfering pokemon

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
One of the things I don't like is the fact that you can't bring items from gen 4 games over when you are transfering pokemon

(gives you a "like") I totally agree with you on that one...and also the fact you can't trasfer flying and surfing pikachu or the spicky-eared pichu :(

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Pokemon placement. I don't like having to wait for until I get six or seven badges until I can catch Pokemon I want to use on my team.

psychonerderer

Hacking. total bummer. why shoul I even bother training a pvp team? and wtf happened to tm focus punch? why no move tutor in bw1? why do i gotta beat Iris in 2 before I can start breeding? AND WHY NO CONSOL POKEMON GAME? I mean a real game, colloseum was fine, but x/y on wiiu would have slingin shards, and jackin cars till i had enough for wii, game, and might as well hit a couple more for a gatecrash intro set, and im gonna need a bag for the new game... this may require a better scheme... anyone wanna borrow me their bank info?

nikdarg

I think my least favorite thing is probably the event pokemon. I wish there were epic quests that were actually in the game to go and get arceus or pokemon like that that you can only obtain during events.

Unoin

Not being able to transfer GBC Pokemon to GBA (although I know it can't work because of game mechanic changes). Also, not being able to call Pokemon/transfer Pokemon with curse words in more recent games