1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What is your least favourite HM?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by SuperstarSwampert, May 17, 2013.

1. SuperstarSwampert

SuperstarSwampert New Member

Out of all hm's, which one is the dumbest?
    I personally think "Defog" was the dumbest, it was something that should not have been in the game, it had no major purpose. Similar to flash, but I prefer flash because it had a better in-battle purpose.

2. *PKMN Trainer Paddy*

*PKMN Trainer Paddy* #HORSEPOWER

Defog by far. It was not neccasary to complete diamond, pearl or platinum. It just made it easier to get through a few routes. Plus it was a bad move and required the move deleter to get rid of.

3. auteur

auteur Fossil freak

I agree with Defog. And I also hate Whirlpool in GSC/HGSS.

4. Lluc

Lluc Cute Rodent Trainer

I was about to say Cut because it's not very strong and it can't have super effective damage against anything. I remembered Defog now, lowering evasion is not something I can see myself using. At least it can get rid of Light Screen and Reflect though.

5. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

What was the point of Defog really
    Nothing about Fog is cool at all seriously

6. SlowPokeBroKing

SlowPokeBroKing Future Gym Leader

My questions and thoughts on the HMs (as if you all care)
    Why do Surf and Waterfall summon massive amounts of water in battle while they do nothing but allow passage outside?
    Why is Rock Smash so weak in battle?
    Why is Strength a Normal type move but is shown dropping a rock on the opponent? Should it not just show a strong punch or push?
    I wish Cut was a Fire type HM that burned the trees blocking your path. This is mostly so we can have more than just a million Normal type HMs.
    Does Dive summon water to dive into (same with Dig on water) or am I confused as to what these moves actually do in battle?

7. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

Defogger is absolutely horrible. No use except for making, like, three or so routes available to travel on easier. There was absolutely no other reason for it.

8. master_drew24

master_drew24 New Member

hi

i can totally agree with you

9. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight Race to the finish!

Defog, Rock Climb (I hate you with a burning passion), Rock Smash, Flash, and Whirpool. Can't stand them XD

10. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

Defog, Flash and Whirlpool. These are the only right answers. At least Rock Smash and Rock Climb are okay moves.

11. Wolfangs

Wolfangs Pokemon Trainer

Defog is by far the worst hm ever! The only use for it was to help clear the view on very few routes. For battle purposes your better off using a different move period for defog is a complete waste of a move slot.

12. SoulMuse

SoulMuse Shadow of nothing

I had forgotten about Defog, but yeah, Defog, whirlpool and flash as pretty bad. Of course, now that flash is gone, Defog. I also don't like Dive very much....

13. telivisionhead

telivisionhead Well-Known Member

Defog by whaat people have been saying. But I haven't played any pokemon games with the HM defog.
    Flash is probably one of the HM's I hate. I never use it in battle and it only gives u more sight in caves so you know when you might run into a trainer or a find an item.I really dont like flash.
    Cut is probablt themost one I hate. It needs to be deleted by a move deleter (as usual for HM) but it usually is obtained earily in some of the games and the move deleter is about a few gm badges away. Cut doesn't do much damage or help me out at all. I hate cut. Unless I cut a tree and get something cool, otherwise no. I hate cut.
    Also I dont like whirlpool. It didn't do much damage and it doesn't do much still. Even against a fire type it doesnt do good enough damage than my other moves. I had to go catch a bunch of tentacools just so I could not put whirlpool on my starter ferligater. Whirlpool crosing takes a long time too. AT LEAST THERE IS NO WILD ENCOUNTERS... but just when you take another step you usually find another magikarp or something!

14. CGS

CGS Shadow Lucario

Flash is a TM now

I dont like Defog, Dive, or Wirlpool

15. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight Race to the finish!

I like dive for its purpose in the out of battle context, but as a move itself...yeah, it wasn't the best.

16. Manna

Manna Rockin' the Suburbs

Defog. The most useless HM. Flash too.

17. Blissy

Blissy arfpapers

Defog and Flash, so useless. You don't even need to use them to get through the game. I also don't like Rock Climb, but that's required. So lucky they demoted Flash and removed Rock Climb as an HM in Gen 5.

18. shadorai

shadorai wandering trainer

defog, flash, whirlpool, rock smash, and cut.

19. darkdesigns

darkdesigns New Member

Cut.... even defog or flash could have a use, in game that is. Cut though is a physical based waste of space and with so many moves normal types for physical damage those little trees that hinder the path are just annoying. If they had a 10000 poke dollar gardening service to perma- remove a tree in the path I would gleefully pay up and consider it a good investment.

20. (·-·)(o_O)

(·-·)(o_O) oh hai there

Defog, useless in more ways than one. And also rock smash.