• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your most anticipated Nintendo game of 2015?

Most Anticipated 2015 Nintendo Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X HYPE :]

In all honesty, this game looks amazing, the piece of the soundtrack we've been given sounds amazing, and looks extremely promising. Looking at all the species of beings in the game, it looks as if the game will have some connection to the original, because
Alvis told Shulk about meeting all the new lifeforms in the new, boundless world at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Definitely Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm ready to be mesmerized by the scope and story.

I absolutely loved Xenoblade Chronicles, but I'm suspicious of Xenoblade CX because of the fact the main character is a custom character. In general, it's hard to write a narrative around the main character when the MC is a blank slate, and depending on how XCX handles that, it could be amazing or just okay.

Fire Emblem Awakening proffered Robin/MU as a custom character and a blank slate, when he basically turned out to be like Commander Shepherd. His/her custom features were explained by genetic breeding, but Robin did have an unchanging character that contributed to the plot.

Xenoblade Chronicles X could go the same way. Given it's Monolith Soft writing, I have no worry over any potential roadblocks a custom character could create at face value.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm very interested in finding out what they do with the next Starfox since Command was sort of climatic.

I guess Zelda U would be the most anticipated simply because I would be super curious to see the plot/timeline placement/weapons/characters/etc.

Zora

perpetually tired
Fire Emblem Awakening proffered Robin/MU as a custom character and a blank slate, when he basically turned out to be like Commander Shepherd. His/her custom features were explained by genetic breeding, but Robin did have an unchanging character that contributed to the plot.

Xenoblade Chronicles X could go the same way. Given it's Monolith Soft writing, I have no worry over any potential roadblocks a custom character could create at face value.

I'm aware it could be fine, however, I'm just skeptical. It really comes down to how they handle the main character. FE:A and Mass Effect handled the main character well, but both Robin and Sheppard were extremely active participants of their story. And in both cases, both Robin and Sheppard had preset dialogue[sup]1[/sup]. Because of that present dialogue, they could be endowed with some character and the narrative wasn't held back by it.

[sup]1[/sup]1Or if you want to get technical, in Mass Effect, each option on the dialogue tree led to a preset response even if the conversation as a whole go any number of ways

Compare that to Elder Scrolls which generally provides forgettable stories because the main character is treated as a blank state all throughout; or Persona where the main character is nearly completely silent and only says anything when the game prompts you (even if the MC in Persona 3/4 has a preset design). That's the scenario I'm worried about. if it ends up being like Mass Effect or FE:A, I'm fine; however, until I have concrete information on what direction Xenoblade CX will take, I'm going to remain skeptical lest I disappoint myself.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Well, we did get to see a little bit of gameplay back at E3, and from the looks of it, the avatar isn't going to say a thing.

That's actually a relief, in my opinion. If the avatar has a specific personality, it just doesn't fee like an avatar to me anymore. And honestly, Robin was kind of boring anyway.
'Or if you want to get technical, in Mass Effect, each option on the dialogue tree led to a preset response even if the conversation as a whole go any number of ways']. Because of that present dialogue, they could be endowed with some character and the narrative wasn't held back by it.
I like the idea of dialog trees, though.

But we're forgetting that the avatar in Xenoblade X isn't going to be the ONLY important character. The plot could simply revolve around the rest of the cast interacting. Let's go back to FE:A for a second. Imagine that Robin was a silent protagonist; you'd still have Chrom, Lucina, Flavia, Basilio, Validar, Walhart, and others to move the plot forward. And if you want an extreme example, try FE7, where your "avatar" is basically non-existent and you have three different lord characters to act as "Shulks".

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
The Zelda games, hands down. I got into the Zelda fan train late in life so I missed out on Majora's mask, and I like the overall look of the new Zelda, just hope the changes they have done to it don't ruin it. (yay risking trying new things!)

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Honestly, I have to that I'm most anticipated for 2015 in general for Nintendo because of how deep the lineup is so far and that is just the surface since we got Nitendo Directs along with E3 to hear more games that will be released by 2015's end.

If I have to pick one game that I'm the most anticipated for, I'd go with Xenoblade Chronicles X since the original is my favorite game and it looks really promising. It kinda reminds me of the original with a little bit of Mass Effect add in with a little splash of GTA (yeah, I do have to agree with that on a bit from Kotaku). It also does seem that a perfect online RPG for WII U for Western audiences if we don't get Dragon Quest X released outside of Japan.

Tangeh

ZELDA U ZELDA U ZELDA U. Omg it looks so pretty I can't wait ahhhhh ;__________; ^_________^ I have really high expectations so they'd better not let me down lol!

I'm also kinda looking forward to Xenoblade - I've never played the series nor know a whole whack about it but it's been so hyped recently that I can't help but be excited for a chance to check it out. xD Depending on the reception I'll either play this or see if I can get my hands on the one for the Wii. :3

Rakurai

Imagine that Robin was a silent protagonist; you'd still have Chrom, Lucina, Flavia, Basilio, Validar, Walhart, and others to move the plot forward.

Funny thing is, in the Japanese version of Awakening, Robin actually can be a silent protagonist.

He/she has a mute option where the only "speech" he/she has is ellipses and the occasional question mark or exclamation point, and everyone simply reacts as though he/she is talking, as they would with a typical silent protagonist.

That said, I don't think Xenoblade Chronicles is going to have any issues.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Xenoblade Chronicles X from what we've seen.

I'm a bit worried about how Zelda U will turn out and I don't even know if SMTxFE even exists.

spiderbrush

Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorite games, and even though it's ditching the more fantasy setting ( although I'm really happy the game will include the Nopon <3 ), I'm still really looking forward to it.
Although like Zora, I'm not entirely sure about the whole silent protagonist thing. I mean, yeah, it'll be fun customizing him/her, but after Shulk, I don't know exactly how this will work out.
Buuut Takahashi said this game will have a deep, sci-fi story, so maybe I shouldn't be *TOO* concerned.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
My opinion on each game.

Legend of Zelda: my most anticipated game. i love zelda games so much, and getting lost in the open world.

Star fox: should be pretty good, though i know plenty of 'fans' of starfox will inevitably complain about it not being like star fox 64.

Kirby and the rainbow curse: im always aware when kirby comes out with a new game, yet i never buy them for some reason. though the claymation style looks cool.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: this'll be great, though i cant help but feel this'll pull a 'chrono cross', where fans of the original xenoblade will end up not liking it and demanding a "true" sequel (whatever THAT means).

Yoshi's wooly world: i always get excited when a new yoshi game comes out, and this gives off a yoshis story vibe, which if this is anything like yosihs story it'll be one of my favorite games this generation.

Splatoon: the major shake up that the shooter genre so desperately needs (we have more than enough brown and grey shooters to last a lifetime). also, to those who say nintendo never makes new ips, here ya go.

mario maker: more like kaizo maker; seriously everyones gonna make kaizo style maps with this.

majoras mask 3d: have it on wii vc so dont need it on 3ds, but at least now people will shut up about it.....for about 10 minutes.

codename STEAM: looks interesting but i dont see myself geting it.

Rakurai

Xenoblade Chronicles X: this'll be great, though i cant help but feel this'll pull a 'chrono cross', where fans of the original xenoblade will end up not liking it and demanding a "true" sequel (whatever THAT means).

I really don't think this is going to be an issue, from watching the gameplay.

They've basically taken a "The same but more" approach to both the combat and exploration aspects, and I can see what they meant by Xenoblade simply being a test for it.

Grey Wind

Zelda U. It's the only game I'm really excited for this year. Majora's Mask will be fun but it's still just a port, and nothing else really stands out to me apart from maybe Xenoblade and Yoshi.