• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion for rng? is it hack or not?

ToothPick

Well, in order to use RNG, you nee to know your secret ID. And to get to know your secret ID without using an external device, you need to alrdy have a shiny pokemon caught in the game where you want to use RNG o.o

So in HG/SS, its fairly easy, with the shiny gyarados. But in DPPt and BW there is no easy shiny pokemon?

OR, am i going into a completely wrong direction here now?! o.o

randomspot555

Well, in order to use RNG, you nee to know your secret ID. And to get to know your secret ID without using an external device, you need to alrdy have a shiny pokemon caught in the game where you want to use RNG o.o

So in HG/SS, its fairly easy, with the shiny gyarados. But in DPPt and BW there is no easy shiny pokemon?

You don't need to know your SID in Gen 5. Shiny Gyarados also wouldn't work for that convoluted process of calculating for your SID.

paracelsus

Even in previous generations you didn't need to know your SID to RNG. You only needed it if you were trying for shines. Lots of people RNG just to get pokemon with good or perfect IVS

ToothPick

I think ill search some youtube vids, on how to do it =p

Causee for competetive battling i wuld like some perf IV/nature pokemon. Dont even need shiny..

And using an AR, cant give me them " legal ' , at least thats what ive been told. Even if i make the stats etc normal =x

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I think ill search some youtube vids, on how to do it =p

Causee for competetive battling i wuld like some perf IV/nature pokemon. Dont even need shiny..

And using an AR, cant give me them " legal ' , at least thats what ive been told. Even if i make the stats etc normal =x

Yes it can, if you do it right. Keeping the stats and values within the limits, making sure the abilities and moves are ones that the pokemon can learn, and making sure all the IDs match up will get you a legal pokemon every time. They just won't be legit. I know some people who managed to pass the hack checks at the VGCs using those pokemon, so legality isn't an issue. Morality and legitimacy is an issue, however.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I know most people don't see it as hacking, but in my eyes, it is.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I know most people don't see it as hacking, but in my eyes, it is.

It's not that we don't see it as hacking. It's that, per the definition, it's not hacking. That is just fact. The real question is whether or not it's cheating.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
abusing the RNG isn't hacking, but it's so much against the spirit of the game, I couldn't ever bring myself to learn how to do it (it also appears somewhat complicated lol). I like the feeling of accomplishment after X amount of days of breeding and finally getting the pokemon I want. I don't need flawless IVs in every stat, just the ones I'm going to be EVing and I'll be content. I don't think I would have as much of an attachment to my pokemon if I didn't put in so many hours of labor breeding them tbh

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Uhhh... What is RNGing again?

xDWarrior

No it's not. It doesn't use an external device for anything.

It doesn't matter if an external device is used or not. It's abusing a game mechanic and as such I consider it cheating. And like I said, I'm not against cheating in any form.

It doesn't matter if an external device is used or not. It's abusing a game mechanic and as such I consider it cheating. And like I said, I'm not against cheating in any form.

Breeding for perfect IVs and EV training can also be considered abusing a game mechanic and that isn't cheating.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
To some, RNGing is abusing a game mechanic. In a game of chess, this is roughly comparable to making overzealous use of your queen to take out other pieces easily. Some people may see this as a cheap strategy or abuse of the game's mechanics. But it's totally legitimate; people have nothing to complain about. If they want to compete effectively with people who use their queen too much, they're going to have to use their queen too. Same thing with RNGing; it's totally legitimate and people have no room to complain about it since they can adopt the same strategy in order to compete well.

Shoudy4

It isn't hacking because you dont have to buy special software, like ar, to do it. Also it takes a lot of time...

xDWarrior

Breeding for perfect IVs and EV training can also be considered abusing a game mechanic and that isn't cheating.

That is in no way abusing.