• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on evasion or accuracy status moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Generally too weak and ineffective to be worth it. Defense boosting moves are significantly more effective and critical hits are a lot rarer than non-misses after six double teams.

NeedsAName

I like them and actually wish we had more.

Scale Shed
Dragon/Status
-P/90A/20PP
“The user sheds many scales and tosses them at the target to lower their evasiveness. If the user has a status condition, the target will also gain it.”

Shadow
Ghost/Status
-P/-A/5PP
“The user sneakily tracks the target, preventing lowering of accuracy.” (User can even hit digging/flying targets)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I generally find accuracy-affecting moves to a be nuisance, and I never use them myself. I also don't care much for raising my Pokemon's evasiveness in battles. Generally speaking, I tend to focus on attacking rather than using moves that lower stats or cause status problems.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I dislike it, all types of evasion stalling are just delaying the inevitable. Same with sturdy. When AI uses it in battles it becomes ***** annoying for me. Same with sand attack because accuracy is vital. And when AI pokemon has ways escape moves without evasion that are supposed to always hit like using protect or detect is also frustrating.

People can use it in online i don't care play those types of complex builds.

Last edited:

Picnicker

Evasion and Accuracy are two luck based stats. They don't really bother me most of the time, even though I admit they can be very annoying - Double Team spam to say an example.
However, on a side note, I do enjoy to make use of moves such as Aura Sphere or Aerial Ace to prevent this every now and then.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Evasion and Accuracy are two luck based stats. They don't really bother me most of the time, even though I admit they can be very annoying - Double Team spam to say an example.
However, on a side note, I do enjoy to make use of moves such as Aura Sphere or Aerial Ace to prevent this every now and then.
Don't forget Shockwave (Electric). Not strong but it does hit except Dig and Fly. Z-Moves will also always break through protect.

TwilightBlade

I hate getting Sand Attack'd or Smokescreen'd because accuracy is one of the most important things for me. I never use those kinds of attacks myself because they seem cheap and it's like fighting dirty.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Completely indifferent towards them. They're annoying when the opponent uses them because it just makes battles longer, but useful when I use them. I try not to use Evasion boosting moves, though, and only would on a Stored Power Clefable.

For Accuracy moves, I find them more annoying in the early game, but that's usually the only time you'd see them in a game playthrough, anyway. But, tbh, you can just switch a Pokemon out if yours gets attacked with Sand Attack, so I'm pretty indifferent towards Accuracy lowering moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.