• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on Kikuna and Renji (Chrysa and Ren in English Dub) in Pokemon Journeys?

BlueLight

So deep and the most interesting characters in this show.. not.

I wonder what is their point when there r so many great un used swsh characters..
Well yes there are several unused characters, what I wish to see is more of Galar, especially the tour that was shown in the 3rd opening, featuring Leon as well. I am yearning for more Galar adventures and PWC battles. But for now, them (Chrysa and Ren) along with Cerise and his family do help in lifting the moods to some extent (for me, but for most, no.....), I want some more episodes involving these two assistants and Cerise's family anyway, have seen few of them and they were quite entertaining.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well yes there are several unused characters, what I wish to see is more of Galar, especially the tour that was shown in the 3rd opening, featuring Leon as well. I am yearning for more Galar adventures and PWC battles. But for now, them (Chrysa and Ren) along with Cerise and his family do help in lifting the moods to some extent (for me, but for most, no.....), I want some more episodes involving these two assistants and Cerise's family anyway, have seen few of them and they were quite entertaining.
Who is Cerise

BlueLight

Oh Im used to his Jap name.
But to he honest, his character is so bland.
All I know about him is that hes super rich to be able to afford so many plane tickets
But still, his family is really interesting. Not always he can be in his lab, he needs to spend time with them, and when he does, the episode in which this happens, becomes a lot entertaining.

BlueLight

Ok, next question to all, if this series (Journeys) needs to better itself, then what, do you think, needs to be done about Chrysa and Ren?
I like to continue threads based on some of my favourite characters of this series, that's why I am continuously asking such questions

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So deep and the most interesting characters in this show.. not.

Oh no? It's almost like they're not supposed to be major characters or something?

I wonder what is their point when there r so many great un used swsh characters..

To be Cerise's assistants.

And I'm not sure how their presence affects the appearance of any SWSH characters in any way.

BlueLight

Oh no? It's almost like they're not supposed to be major characters or something?

To be Cerise's assistants.

And I'm not sure how their presence affects the appearance of any SWSH characters in any way.
Since Ash and Goh are research fellow of Cerise Labs, these two assistants don't affect the presence of SWSH characters, they are equally needed too. As mentioned in one of my previous posts, a lab without assistants is dull.

BlueLight

Does anyone think that Chrysa and Ren don't need to be in this show?
To me, they are great recurring characters in the show along with my previous reasons.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
To me, they are great recurring characters in the show along with my previous reasons.
Umm yeah? They really haven’t done anything important. Them being gone wouldn’t really change anything aside from making cerise be around more.

Mew29240

While they haven't anything noteworthy, i think they're important in making the lab feel more like an actual working environment. It'd feel pretty lonely if it was just Professor Cerise working there.

BlueLight

I think I have left this thread alone for quite enough time.
So.......
I want to continue the thread!
So,
If there would be future episodes based on Chrysa and Ren, what would you like to see?

BlueLight

Does anybody want more Chrysa and Ren episodes (episodes with the assistants as main characters)? If yes, then on what?
I don't want to force the community to answer, but I would like to have a continuous discussion on them

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nah, not really. They're not interesting enough characters for me and I'd rather give Go and Ash better character-driven episodes. This series has shown it can do it at times, it's just far too inconsistent and bad in keeping it up and wants to rush through plot too fast in a lot of episodes at the cost of characterisation. Ren and Chrysa aren't the problem with this series, but they're not exactly a highlight either. Focussing on them more would probably just detract from the main protagonists.

BlueLight

Nah, not really. They're not interesting enough characters for me and I'd rather give Go and Ash better character-driven episodes. This series has shown it can do it at times, it's just far too inconsistent and bad in keeping it up and wants to rush through plot too fast in a lot of episodes at the cost of characterisation. Ren and Chrysa aren't the problem with this series, but they're not exactly a highlight either. Focussing on them more would probably just detract from the main protagonists.
Your're right, Go and Ash need some episodes for themselves, but I think Go is receiving more attention than Ash, so I would prefer having more Ash episodes as well as episodes on some of Ash's least used Pokemon. But if you wanted an episode on Chrysa or/and Ren, what would they be on?

BlueLight

Your're right, Go and Ash need some episodes for themselves, but I think Go is receiving more attention than Ash, so I would prefer having more Ash episodes as well as episodes on some of Ash's least used Pokemon. But if you wanted an episode on Chrysa or/and Ren, what would they be on?
Even Chloe needs episodes too, she's been used as episode fodder in recent episodes.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What kind of question is that? I don't want an episode on them, I don't care much about them, why go into that hypothetical? I don't know.