• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on the James Charles situation?

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Addressing his audience and boys who say they're underage that he "flirted" with, Charles said he was "reckless" when he messaged the boys who he said he thought were 18.

The video was posted after weeks of online discussion around allegations that Charles sexted with minors, which have been supplemented with several "expose" TikToks posted by accusers that purport to show sexual Snapchats and direct messages sent between Charles and the teens.

In his apology, Charles, who has more than 25 million YouTube subscribers, addressed some of the TikToks, suggesting that the messages shown in them were authentic. He said that at least two 16-year-olds boys he exchanged sexual images and messages with had lied to him about their ages and claimed to be 18. A previous accuser named Isaiyah, who is 16, told Insider over direct messages that Charles never asked him how old he was and disputed Charles' claim that he misrepresented his age.

Link to article: https://www.insider.com/james-charl...ns-controversy-apology-cancelled-drama-2021-4

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Moving this to the debate section.

Vernikova

Champion
I have sympathy for adults who are fooled by reckless children claiming to be older than they are. However, there is too little information to go on, and too much he-said she-said, so I'm going to withold any judgment on the guy involved.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Then as a fair warning don’t come into threads about a known creep and go “well there’s both sides to all stories”, especially in today’s climate.

Vernikova

Champion
Then as a fair warning don’t come into threads about a known creep and go “well there’s both sides to all stories”, especially in today’s climate.
"In today's climate" isn't an excuse to decide the validity of claims (let alone cast judgment) without knowing all of the facts. Accusations are just that.

bobjr

Staff member
There has never been a case with multiple accusations that don’t have a kernel of truth to them, and as posted there are a good number. Especially when the “I didn’t know their age” argument falls apart when it happens for like the 6th time, and even outside the age thing they’re a well documented creep.

It’s not that hard to believe victims, and that’s a general warning to all discussion of sexual creeps online.

Vernikova

Champion
Spamming
There has never been a case with multiple accusations that don’t have a kernel of truth to them, and as posted there are a good number. Especially when the “I didn’t know their age” argument falls apart when it happens for like the 6th time, and even outside the age thing they’re a well documented creep.

It’s not that hard to believe victims, and that’s a general warning to all discussion of sexual creeps online.
Correct: "a kernel of truth." I've simply taken the stance to wait to see what that kernel is, which is what any sane individual would do.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I have sympathy for adults who are fooled by reckless children claiming to be older than they are. However, there is too little information to go on, and too much he-said she-said, so I'm going to withold any judgment on the guy involved.

I personally don't, because they shouldn't getting with an 18 year-old anyway. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's right.

If you are willing to go after someone who's barely skirting the legal limit, you warrant suspicion. If you do this multiple times, like James Charles, you warrant investigation.

GiddyupGal

smarter than i usually act
I’ll repeat this, please do not both sides sexual predators on the internet
remember kids, gathering a group of people and accusing someone of something is equivalent to the accused being guilty. this in no way resembles any thing from the history of the US South or 20th century Germany that most people would prefer to forget.

bobjr

Staff member
Are you here to make a point or to make a bad metaphor?

Like it's even the opposite, those two are powerful groups who bent the law to their will to do horrible things to the underclass, this is victims of sexual assault coming forward against a powerful person who likely won't receive any long term negative consequences.

Last edited:

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I personally don't, because they shouldn't getting with an 18 year-old anyway. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's right.

If you are willing to go after someone who's barely skirting the legal limit, you warrant suspicion. If you do this multiple times, like James Charles, you warrant investigation.
18 year olds should be considered adults. We should disenfranchise them!