• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on the Silver Conference (Johto League)?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Ash VS Harrison is in my opinion, one of the best battles in the entire show. There was no good animation quality wise back then, no mega, no Z-moves, no Dynamax yet they managed to make such an epic battle. As for the league itself it was pretty good. It started out with a Round Robin and the battles were good, Ash also used reserves. Ash vs Gary was great too and to end it the strawberry cake: Ash VS Harrison. Loved it, best league along with the SL.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Yeah well @TheWanderingMist trashes on Paul all the time but it doesn't really bother me.Besides like I said before it's her opinion,thread is asking what we think about the particular league so that means there's no right or wrong answer and there's no rule saying you can't mention other leagues.Unless you're one of the mods you don't have authority over what she gets to say on here.
The guy doesn't even refer to Paul by name, just "the rival" lol.

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

3rd best league, battles was good or great for their time, Ash and Gary rivalry got great conclusion and losing to Harrison was better handle than most other league losses

But I hate that entire league is just about Kanto pokemons, not a single battle Ash won with Johto pokemon as finisher especially Cyndaquil who work so hard in johto gym run was treated as worst as Unfezant, also why Ash battle those random trainers instead of recurring rivals Casey or Richie?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I think the general consensus based on the two pages is that:
- The Silver league was well-done
- But could've been better if Ash's Johto squad got some better/more wins.

The latter point would've probably happened if they didn't burden the Kanto-squad on the arc for as long as they did. Bulbasaur was on the team until after Ash beat Jasmine(!) while Heracross was ditched to be at Oak's for no good reason. That's 100 episodes into the next series. Imagine Infernape being on the BestWishes-team for 100 episodes while Ash also had a Tepig and even evolved that into Pignite. Ash would literally be Oak'ing Infernape THREE episodes before the Unova League.. xD

Last edited:

MetaMantis

I think the general consensus based on the two pages is that:
- The Silver league was well-done
- But could've been better if Ash's Johto squad got some better/more wins.

The latter point would've probably happened if they didn't burden the Kanto-squad on the arc for as long as they did. Bulbasaur was on the team until near Olivine iirc while Heracross was ditched to be at Oak's for no good reason.
Yep. Hoenn thread coming sometime later today.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It was better than the Indigo League but still could have been better. We at least got two great matches and finally saw Ash defeat Gary in a proper battle where the win felt rather natural and that Ash had earned his win.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Surprisingly good for its time, considering the limited animation and Shudo leaving. Either way, a worthy way to end OS....tho RIP Kingler and I'll never not find it funny that some random NPC with a generic name was the winner

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well I might as well
Johto league imo is the MOST underrated league arc
And also, the ONLY league arc with a satisfying loss for Ash that didn't feel like BS and felt natural and well written. Kudos to that
Harrison and Gary aside, I even love we had preliminaries and a points system battle, and bringing back Vincent from the Raikou specials for Ash's opponent! Loved that so much
My only complaint would be lack of Casey but otherwise I just loved this arc so much, it had so much flair as well
Tied with Alola for my second favourite league arc after Sinnoh

Rune Knight

It had the most "justified" league loss in my opinion. Ash had already beaten Gary and achieved a big-time win. He was pushed to his limit against Harrison whose power level was built-up gradually, and lost to a brand new Pokémon that surprised audiences.

Despite being generally upset since I wanted Ash to win as a kid, I think that looking at it objectively it was a fair loss.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I enjoyed it a lot. Wish Kingler got to battle though since it was his only Pokemon at the time that didn't get to battle(except for Mimey, lol) At least it got the Whirl Cup.

It was interesting that Ash went into his battle with Gary without his starter. His only full battle in the series were he didn't use Pikachu

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I enjoyed it a lot. Wish Kingler got to battle though since it was his only Pokemon at the time that didn't get to battle(except for Mimey, lol) At least it got the Whirl Cup.

It was interesting that Ash went into his battle with Gary without his starter. His only full battle in the series were he didn't use Pikachu
Mr Mime has never belonged to Ash no matter what the writers try to say. He never used a Pokéball on him nor did Ash even show any desire to own Mr Mime. He is a freeloader at Ash’s house mostly because Delia gave him food and he has OCD so he cleans the house constantly because Delia obviously is too lazy to do it herself and she has never really told it to stop cleaning it. Saying Ash owns Mr Mime is like saying he had owned the Haunter that followed him into Sabrina’s Gym.

MetaMantis

Mr Mime has never belonged to Ash no matter what the writers try to say. He never used a Pokéball on him nor did Ash even show any desire to own Mr Mime. He is a freeloader at Ash’s house mostly because Delia gave him food and he has OCD so he cleans the house constantly because Delia obviously is too lazy to do it herself and she has never really told it to stop cleaning it. Saying Ash owns Mr Mime is like saying he had owned the Haunter that followed him into Sabrina’s Gym.
Mime mime.