• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on the Silver Conference (Johto League)?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Good league for a otherwise filler hell of a series.

Biggest plus and something they should've done more was the group phase. With this Ash could've lost or draw without being immidiately out of the tournament and having some kind of point games (win=3, draw=1 each, lost=0 points) is something I wished happened during the following leagues, because you can actually do a crap ton of stuff in that phase of the tournament and this way they could drag out the league a couple of more episodes than the usual 7 without the league feeling like a drag.

Battles were mediocre-good, the Gary fight is a bit overrated for me but the impact was of course big and it truly felt like it was the end of the OS series.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The one major part of Johto that I thought was decent. Most of the battles were an upgrade over most of OS's. It also let most of his Pokémon battle and gave a mostly satisfying ending to his rivalry with Gary. It's not as good as most of the leagues that came after it but it's alright.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Made for a good culmination of Johto (and OS). Had memorable moments. Bonus points for Ash leaving out Pikachu in a major battle against his main rival, because that sure as hell ain't happening again (nothing against Pikachu but it was cool to see a full team without him).

(I still maintain that Charizard eating all those direct hits from Blastoise was kinda BS though)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Bulbasaur vs Meganium is arguably the most underrated 1 v 1 in the entire anime. Go remind yourselves of this fantastic quadruped grass brawl on YT.

tumblr_paftqfAomc1svq6hoo1_500.gif

Absolutely Glorious.

And the ending of Charizard vs Blastoise with the Johto Victory Theme in the background slapped so incredibly hard.

Can we just talk about how well animated that suplex was? You don't see that often in the OS

Ryker101

Not bad, aside from Gary you had fun battles against Vincent/Macy and a reasonable loss to Harrison. It showed how far Ash had come as a trainer, yet he still had room to grow

Flashyspark

Everything before Ash versus Gary was bad. This league tried to spice things up but Macy and Vincent were boring opponents and nothing else exciting happened until Ash battled his fated rival.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I thought it was pretty good and it did feel satisfying to see Ash finally beat Gary in a battle and prove that he was just as skilled as his rival. It was done in a relatively respectful way without any cheap or lazy cop outs by the writers. It also helped Gary and Ash become better friends as Gary was a jerk in the first two seasons but it was more of being a braggart than anything else and Ash was always stuck behind Gary.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I love the lore surrounding this tournament tidbits such as registering your pokemon before the match, athletes screening and the round robin battles. Johto league felt like a real life tournament

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
She was in measure. Certainly better than Kanto which was quite heavy for me. Ash's fight with Gary and Charizard was the real one, not the others showed class. At last Ash was thinking and not acting like in the premier league

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
my one problem in this arc is the animation really aged badly most of the battles felt like a slideshow

Veedramon

Nice and very nostalgic. I definitely place it in the top 7 of all regional leagues that the anime has done thus far.

I feel that Charizard was robbed of his victory, but then at the same time it might've been for the best. Who knows what John Dickson may have done to it.

Plus it gave Ash motivation to travel to Hoenn, which is more nostalgic for me.