• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on the Silver Conference (Johto League)?

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
The good? The bad? What could have been done better? Would you structure it differently? etc...

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
One of the two good leagues.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Pretty darn good for when it aired and the pokemon they had to work with.

I think the only Pokémon that got shafted were Noctowl and Phanpy. The latter was understandable as it was very underdeveloped, but there was no reason why Noctowl couldn't get one or two credible wins over another Snorlax or Charizard stomp.

If anything, I would've wished for Ash to have both Quilava and Croconaw at the time, since it would've given Ash some more medium ranged powerhouses and would make it more like a Gen2 League as opposed to Gen1,5 where -lets be fair- Ash was overreliant on Snorlax and the returning Kanto starters. And if they weren't ever going to evolve Totodile out of comedic reasons, then at least develop Phanpy into Donphan as opposed to wasting time on a random Larvitar-plot that I could care less for. Pikachu, Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan. That's a solid line-up after going into the previous league with just a Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, an unruly Charizard and a Squirtle (and Krabby, Muk and Tauros).

Still found it weird they didn't bring Casey into the League for Ash to fight.. but we had Vincent and Bulbasaur vs. Meganium was awesome.

Yeah, the SilverLeague is one of my favorites to rewatch. Good to great battles (Charizard vs. Blastoise is iconic), and no time wasted on useless Axew-like shenanigans, no battles that were partly or even fully skipped or mangled because of a weird plotline out of no where (looking at you Morrison!) or TR-plots that directly involved the outcome of battles.

Still don't understand why they still did Tauros so dirty this time around again.. They had him the OI, they acknowledged it again in a Johto-episode, but nah.. Lets not give it a League-battle.. ever.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Pretty darn good for when it aired and the pokemon they had to work with.

Yeah, the SilverLeague is one of my favorites to rewatch. Good to great battles (Charizard vs. Blastoise is iconic), and no time wasted on useless Axew-like shenanigans, no battles that were partly or even fully skipped or mangled because of a weird plotline out of no where (looking at you Morrison!) or TR-plots that directly involved the outcome of battles.
Yeah. Apart from the pokemon roster, I don't really have many issues with the Johto League, however, what I would do is swap out Harrison for Silver, and make Silver a character throughout the Johto saga.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It was a big step up from the Indigo Plateau,this is the first time where Ash uses his reserves and due to his underdeveloped Johto team at the time he had to rely on his Kanto pokes a lot.

Charizard,Bulbasaur and Squirtle all get their shining moments,for the first time we get not one but two full battles at the league.Overall it's a good league despite the quality of the battles not aging that well but doesn't come close to the level of the Kanto League.

RafaSceptile

The 3rd best Pokémon League overall. It improved a lot of stuff from the Kanto League, and both 6vs6 Ash's battles feels satisfying even if Ash loses to a Pokémon from a different region, which is a cool way to give him a reason to travel to Hoenn.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't have much to say about it, honestly. The battles for the most part were good, and I liked that Satoshi and Shigeru finally had a full battle against each other. The only thing that I wasn't a big fan of was how the preliminary round was structured, as well as Jun'ichi's character overall.

Love it and the third best league. Ash vs Gary was awesome, Ash vs Harrison was great, solid battles overall

RafaSceptile

Kanto:
Iconic, beautiful with un fugly artstyle, wonderful characters, nostalgic, not any child can enter without battle experience, the last opponent was respected, competitive with real battle qualifications
Johto:
Iconic, nostalgic, had wonderful characters with real battle qualifications, not any child with zero battle experience could enter . Was a lovely league
Ok we get it, you don't like the Alola League. You don't have to repeat the same stuff for the inevitable Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos League threads.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ok we get it, you don't like the Alola League. You don't have to repeat the same stuff for the inevitable Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos League threads.
Yes but at least trashtalking about the Alola League on the Alola thread seems more accurate
It's her opinion though and not once did she mention anyone's name in those posts that is a fan of the Alola League.This is like getting upset because someone doesn't have one of Ash's weaker pokemon as one of their favorites.

RafaSceptile

It's her opinion though and not once did she mention anyone's name in those posts that is a fan of the Alola League.This is like getting upset because someone doesn't have one of Ash's weaker pokemon as one of their favorites.
Having an opinion doesn't mean you can do bashing on a particular series as janejane does all the time with SM. This is why more people just make fun about janejane's SM hating each time.

Applecorp

It was fine? Like I don't love it or hate it but when I think of the show's best league tourneys the Johto league rarely pops up. I did like Ash vs Gary and Ash vs Harrison most of all.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Having an opinion doesn't mean you can do bashing on a particular series as janejane does all the time with SM.
Yeah well @TheWanderingMist trashes on Paul all the time but it doesn't really bother me.Besides like I said before it's her opinion,thread is asking what we think about the particular league so that means there's no right or wrong answer and there's no rule saying you can't mention other leagues.Unless you're one of the mods you don't have authority over what she gets to say on here.

RafaSceptile

Yeah well @TheWanderingMist trashes on Paul all the time but it doesn't really bother me.Besides like I said before it's her opinion,thread is asking what we think about the particular league so that means there's no right or wrong answer.Unless you're one of the mods you don't have authority over what she gets to say on here.
First at least they explain their reasoning for why the didn't like Paul instead of using minimum effort of arguments like just "ugly artstyle" or "trainers with zero battle experience" etc (the latter can be demostrated to be wrong relatively easy but that's not the point) and being unable to actually name the SM characters by their names, because apparently Kukui is "the kuku man", Kiawe is "the kaki man", Lana is "the blue bubble girl" and Mallow is "the green kitchen girl who makes sandwiches".

So should we call Serena "the blonde model girl" or "the girl with a crush on Ash" instead of her actual name? No, because we have some sort or respect for her character, something that janejane clearly does not for SM characters or SM in general.

Second, nobody said there are correct or wrong answers. I said that there is no necessity to trashtalk about the Alola League for the other League Conferences threads, we already understand that janejane does not like the Alola League.

And third, I didn't say janejane is not allowed to say the exact same stuff about the Alola League for the 4 remaining threads, I just say janejane does not need to say it because we already know their feelings for that league.

If at this point you just can't see what is wrong with janejane's behavior and why more and more people make fun of them every day, then that's your problem, not mine.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
First at least they explain their reasoning for why the didn't like Paul instead of using minimum effort of arguments like just "ugly artstyle" or "trainers with zero battle experience" etc (the latter can be demostrated to be wrong relatively easy but that's not the point) and being unable to actually name the SM characters by their names, because apparently Kukui is "the kuku man", Kiawe is "the kaki man", Lana is "the blue bubble girl" and Mallow is "the green kitchen girl who makes sandwiches".

So should we call Serena "the blonde model girl" or "the girl with a crush on Ash" instead of her actual name? No, because we have some sort or respect for her character, something that janejane clearly does not for SM characters or SM in general.

Second, nobody said there are correct or wrong answers. I said that there is no necessity to trashtalk about the Alola League for the other League Conferences threads, we already understand that janejane does not like the Alola League.

And third, I didn't say janejane is not allowed to say the exact same stuff about the Alola League for the 4 remaining threads, I just say janejane does not need to say it because we already know their feelings for that league.

If at this point you just can't see what is wrong with janejane's behavior and why more and more people make fun of them every day, then that's your problem, not mine.
I just don't see why it's worth getting upset over when she's just talking about a cartoon.It's not that serious.