• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is your opinion on the wireless adapter for the GBA?

WaterTypeStarter

It actually only supported a limited amount of games (including Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, which had one bundled). However, it was an early attempt at wireless technology before the DS. Only drawbacks aside from the limited support is that if your friend didn't have one too, yours was useless. Also it of course could not work over long distances like the internet. What is your opinion on the wireless adapter?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I remember that! I think I used it now and then.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
They were a real headache to get working sometimes. Me and my friends found that we had to stay a pretty exact distance apart from each other. Too close and they wouldn't work, too far and they wouldn't work.

Xionea

Half a centaur
They were a real headache to get working sometimes. Me and my friends found that we had to stay a pretty exact distance apart from each other. Too close and they wouldn't work, too far and they wouldn't work.
That was basically my experience with it. Both GBAs on a flat surface, about a foot or less from each other, they had to be pointing at each other, and only then it would work. Much easier to just use the link cable at that point. But as a kid, dang it was cool.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Never owned those types of devices since i never needed it.

To my knowledge a lot of Nintendo accessories were expensive and flawed or never released outside of Japan.

Nintendo 64DD is infamous for never being sold outside of japan leaving the N64 with a practically useless bottom port i.e. dead on arrival. The Expansion Pak is a good example for a accessory but it is required otherwise you couldn't boot up games like DK64 and Perfect Dark.

Finally Nintendo is infamous with also happens with limited pokemon merchandise and exclusive events. Then there are many japan cases of limited releases or games/manga not getting adaptations, including rare toy versions (Transformers)

Laser Shuckle

That was basically my experience with it. Both GBAs on a flat surface, about a foot or less from each other, they had to be pointing at each other, and only then it would work. Much easier to just use the link cable at that point. But as a kid, dang it was cool.

^ This was more or less my same experience with it as a kid growing up. ^_^

I think we ended up using the old link cable more often due to those shortcomings.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I've got a few, but then I got it with the games. But yeah, it was really limited in what games used it, and since I often didn't have the box as I often got games second hand: It was impossible to know unless the game or someone online mentioned it.

To make to worse, some games back then had European and US versions, which made some games incompatible with their US/Euro counterpart.

elyshh

I think the wireless adapter is a great addition to the GBA. it allows for multiplayer gaming without the need for extra cables and adapters.