• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What is Your Overall Political Stance?

Hi everyone,

I am curious about the overall political positions of the people who debate here. What political group do you identify with and why?

I am foremost a philosopher and economist, but the based on my philosophical and economic views I identify as an Agorist, which is a left-leaning revolutionary anarchist.

As an Agorist, I believe in the Self-Ownership Axiom, the Property Rights Principle, the Trader Principle, and the Non-Aggression Principle among others. Based on this, I believe that the State is evil and should be abolished through counter-economical means.

I do not claim that anarchism can create Utopia, much unlike many other political philosophies. I just believe that violence does not solve social problems, and when we stop using State sponsored violence to try and solve social problems we will be a lot better off.

Disclaimer: Regardless of the stereotype, anarchy is not anomie. In fact it is the opposite. Anarchy as a philosophy is based on non-violence, which is the basis of our opposition to the State. Furthermore, the views of different anarchists are all different. As the saying goes, if you filled a room with anarchists they would only agree in one thing: The State should be abolished. Beyond that the views of different people are very diverse because anarchism is just not a philosophy about opposition to the State; anarchism is also a philosophy about how a modern Stateless society would be set up and function.

If anyone would like more information on Agorism, other forms of anarchy, would like me to elaborate or explain something in greater detail, or would just like to talk about anarchism in general please feel free to ask.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
I suppose I ought to tar and feather you for opposing the State.

I can't remember the term, but I'm the kind who's content with the way things are.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
I do not subscribe to any overall form of political philosophy or ideology. Rather, I maintain the same cynicism that I harbour towards most forms of philosophy (which is slightly anachronistic seeing as how I am a student of philosophy), thus whilst I might hold theories about the runnings of government, I harbour no ambitions to the advancement of such theories.

If I were pressed however I would argue for a meritocratic governmental structure, entirely removed from religion, that places emphasis on personal liberty and economic prosperity, whilst still managing to give aid to those less well off through social welfare programs. If you asked me after a session reading Cracked I would reply: Sort of like the Jedi Council only with more lightsabers.