• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is Your Stance On Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironknight42

What a great reason to be against it. I guess I'm against ketchup on mac and cheese..
I elaborated at least a little more later in the post but whatever

It also can just be a chance occurence. Like homosexuality.
Asthma does not randomly occur there are risk factors both genetic and environmental if I'm not mistaken but I'm no expert so hey. Homosexuality does not randomly occur either but any who the responses below should address a little more
Care to explain how it boils down more so to environment and personal choice? You had to know this was coming, and this is basically where you just committed suicide. There's been over 100 pages explaining why the environment/choice is bull.
Then pray tell what causes, I refuse to accept that it is random.
And kissing, dry humping, hugging, holding hands, etc.?
All the listed items are minimally sexual especially the last two, the exception is dry humping which is very sexual so the only one I really disaprove of I guess is dry hupping between people of the same sex
This is where we agree because, like you, I also do not attribute homosexuality to genetics. In fact, I barely attribute homosexuality to genetics. As with asthma and what not, sure there can be some inheritance, but it seems to me, from the researching I've done, that homosexuality is the result of a biological occurence, one that isn't necessarily the genes you get.
Just tell me what this biological occurence is and I think we can clear this all up.
If environment is such a big factor, care to explain how straight parents raise gay children and gay parents raise straight children? Also would you care to elaborate the specifics of the relationship between where you are and who you find sexually attractive?
I stressed that in the end you deciede if you engage in actions such as dry humping and anal sex, I said that environment contributes as well as in the cases of the sexual acts there is a personal decision to perform.
Well, thank you for the apology, because with that last bit, yeah I took a little offense. You're basically telling me I'm wrong, not necessarily because I am a homosexual, but because I decided I wanted to live an open, honest life and find someone that I'm happy with and want to develop an intimate relationship with
You being out in the open is fine by me, I was just clarifying about how I find the sexual acts, such as dry humping and anal sex to be odd and I also as we have already cleared up are in part founded in the fact that my religious beliefs disaprove of the physical sexual acts of homosexuality. Hope that cleared things up.

iGaga

I'm Gaga for Gaga
I elaborated at least a little more later in the post but whatever

Asthma does not randomly occur there are risk factors both genetic and environmental if I'm not mistaken but I'm no expert so hey. Homosexuality does not randomly occur either but any who the responses below should address a little more

All the listed items are minimally sexual especially the last two, the exception is dry humping which is very sexual so the only one I really disaprove of I guess is dry hupping between people of the same sex
Just tell me what this biological occurence is and I think we can clear this all up.

I stressed that in the end you deciede if you engage in actions such as dry humping and anal sex, I said that environment contributes as well as in the cases of the sexual acts there is a personal decision to perform.

You being out in the open is fine by me, I was just clarifying about how I find the sexual acts, such as dry humping and anal sex to be odd and I also as we have already cleared up are in part founded in the fact that my religious beliefs disaprove of the physical sexual acts of homosexuality. Hope that cleared things up.
As we have already stated, anal sex isn't just for two gay men. Straight guys have the girls friends do it to them, hopefully you have enough common sense (which I believe you do) to figure out how.

Also, why on Earth do you think dry humping is a homosexual act? Why? There is no reason for that. o_o

Also, I do believe now you are just crapping out of your mouth, saying you repeated things/said things/clarified things you have not.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

Aha. See, now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said random, i said a chance occurence. And we all know that as circumstances change, so do your chances.

Since you aren't inclined to say why environmental factors or choice matter, I will explain.

The theory (yes theory to be correct) that I have most faith in (as it's the only one that can actually envelope such a wide array of differences between gay and straight people) is prenatal hormones.

On average, gay men typically have a different finger-length ration than straight men. 1. Everything involving the human body in the womb is a result of hormones recieved by the developing fetus. Yes, even hands and fingers are included in this.

There is also a difference in the auditory system of the brain between gay men and straight men. The auditory system is, likewise, developed by prenatal hormones.2

Homosexuals also have higher levels of circulating androgens than heterosexuals. 3

Random. Not hardly. Gay men typically have older borthers. A male fetus in a woman's body is seen by her antibodies as a foreign object. These antibodies attempt to neutralize (aka feminize) this body to protect the mother. With each successive older borther, the amount and strength of these antibodies increase and become betetr and better at making typically masculine body parts, such as auditory systems and finger lengths, more feminine. 4

So random? I never said that, and I'd have to be a damn fool to believe its random.

So, now that we have that cleared up, mind telling me how environmental (unless we are being loose with this term, I'm assuming you mean outside of the womb) or choice has any relevancy to sexual orientation?

iGaga

I'm Gaga for Gaga
Aha. See, now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said random, i said a chance occurence. And we all know that as circumstances change, so do your chances.

Since you aren't inclined to say why environmental factors or choice matter, I will explain.

The theory (yes theory to be correct) that I have most faith in (as it's the only one that can actually envelope such a wide array of differences between gay and straight people) is prenatal hormones.

On average, gay men typically have a different finger-length ration than straight men. 1. Everything involving the human body in the womb is a result of hormones recieved by the developing fetus. Yes, even hands and fingers are included in this.

There is also a difference in the auditory system of the brain between gay men and straight men. The auditory system is, likewise, developed by prenatal hormones.2

Homosexuals also have higher levels of circulating androgens than heterosexuals. 3

Random. Not hardly. Gay men typically have older borthers. A male fetus in a woman's body is seen by her antibodies as a foreign object. These antibodies attempt to neutralize (aka feminize) this body to protect the mother. With each successive older borther, the amount and strength of these antibodies increase and become betetr and better at making typically masculine body parts, such as auditory systems and finger lengths, more feminine. 4

So random? I never said that, and I'd have to be a damn fool to believe its random.

So, now that we have that cleared up, mind telling me how environmental (unless we are being loose with this term, I'm assuming you mean outside of the womb) or choice has any relevancy to sexual orientation?
All of which have never been scientifically proven and are just circulated by websites who also say, "zomg ***s go 2 hell!!11!1!" in nearly everything they say. Therefore, your statements are ignored.

Thank you Serebii for censoring that word. : 3 Most forums don't. It angers iGaga.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
nothing is wrong with using something such as fa/g ***g/ot or ga/y as substitutes for stupid. I prefer saying "my teacher is such a ***g/ot" than "my teacher is stupid/dumb."

ChedWick

nothing is wrong with using something such as fa/g ***g/ot or ga/y as substitutes for stupid. I prefer saying "my teacher is such a ***g/ot" than "my teacher is stupid/dumb."

Except you are being an ignorant fool and using a word that does not mean what you are intending for it to mean.

Last edited:

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
I find it odd how people continue to discuss religion in a thread about homosexuality.

C'mon guys, it's a book written 2000+ years ago and you're taking a possibly misunderstood quote from it, and using that as evidence to support the fact that homosexuality is wrong or that the Bible is wrong.

0_0 *facepalm* Did I fail to make it clear that the Bible ISN'T what influences my natural discomfort? That religion itself is to blame in my case, not its teachings?

Erienne

Anime high :D
Well i think being gay is wrong... i mean its half cuz i'm a chistian and half that its just WEIRD! well anyone who does not believe in god in the end will go to hell anyways :D and don't come saying i'm wrong cuz trust me.. in the end you will be proved wrong. well back to the subject. gays are just weird i mean have you ever heard of itscriscrocker on youtube? he's the most gay person ever! so what i think is that gays are just weird.

You people are what's wrong here. Why is God the right God? Tell me. What if it isn't? What if Juggernaut or Vishnu or Brahma is looking right down at you and laughing? Prove to me that YHWH/Allah/Jehovah exists.

Waldorf

ungrateful
iGaga said:
All of which have never been scientifically proven and are just circulated by websites who also say, "zomg ***s go 2 hell!!11!1!" in nearly everything they say. Therefore, your statements are ignored.

... No. A website that claims that "fags go to Hell" is not going to support any biological evidence for homosexuality. That would go directly against the choice argument.

Mawile412

Problem

Thats not very nice. Why say ***got when you can just say stupid?

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

"An F? God my teacher is black/fat/Christian/woman/etc." I can use all of these words for stupid, right?

Being ignorant is one thing, but what you did just now was just being an *******.

... No. A website that claims that "fags go to Hell" is not going to support any biological evidence for homosexuality. That would go directly against the choice argument.

That's what I was thinking. I think iGaga may have made some sort of confusion...

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Well i think being gay is wrong... i mean its half cuz i'm a chistian and half that its just WEIRD! well anyone who does not believe in god in the end will go to hell anyways :D and don't come saying i'm wrong cuz trust me.. in the end you will be proved wrong. well back to the subject. gays are just weird i mean have you ever heard of itscriscrocker on youtube? he's the most gay person ever! so what i think is that gays are just weird. ;107;

You're on a Pokemon forum. You're going straight to hell.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ

Yes, let's use a word for a minority as if it's an insult to be of said minority. "God, my teacher's such an Asian!" "Dad, stop being so black!" "Bob, shut up, you're being such a Jap!" I can see no possible way anyone could get offended by this!

Mawile412

Problem
Yes, let's use a word for a minority as if it's an insult to be of said minority. "God, my teacher's such an Asian!" "Dad, stop being so black!" "Bob, shut up, you're being such a Jap!" I can see no possible way anyone could get offended by this!

^ This

It's all true

ironknight42

As we have already stated, anal sex isn't just for two gay men. Straight guys have the girls friends do it to them, hopefully you have enough common sense (which I believe you do) to figure out how.

Also, why on Earth do you think dry humping is a homosexual act? Why? There is no reason for that. o_o

Also, I do believe now you are just crapping out of your mouth, saying you repeated things/said things/clarified things you have not.
I said at least with some clarity I find the idea of people of the same sex engaging in those acts(when I say acts I mean the ones already mentioned in prior posts). Dry humping is not homosexual in itself but when two people of the same sex are dry humping then it is obviously. Focus on the bolded parts.

Now Fused...
Just said it because I was being lazy and didn't want to look at you exact verbatim quote, I didn't mean to twist your words, it was unintentional.

I have heard about the finger thing don't remember which fingers it is though if I followed the link it would probably say but I'll take your word, but if I recall when I heard about the finger thing I looked and I should in theory be homosexual if finger length is the indication, but that is beside the point of the arguement at hand.

While environmental also could refer to in the womb which certainly is one of the more biological environmental things, I stand by environment affecting for an example if only very extreme if homosexuality is punished or mocked so brutally that it is traumatizing(and I mean really traumatizing) the person will naturally formost not perform sexual acts with someone of the same gender out of fear. In a more exact example lets say that all homosexuals are stoned to death, how many people are going to say that they are homosexuals or risk getting caught. Now again I think these examples while extreme get a point across if homosexuality is frowned on by say your church, or your family you would be less likely to enter a relationship with a person of the same sex. Also just to cover my *** I do not approve of any of the extreme things I used as examples, in the end I boil it down to the performing sexual acts with someone of the same sex as being odd.

As for the whole choice thing it is more about the acts just like the last one, you in the end decide just like any heterosexual person whether or not you have sex plain and simple that is how you decide.

I think when you are saying sexual orientation you mean just liking someone of the same sex, which as we have established is ok if only a little weird from my perspective but from yours its natural so its ok...mean no offense. While I'm talking more about I guess if you will be I suppose a "practicing" to put it gently homosexual, whether of not you "practice" is arguably contributed to by the environment as well as in the end the personal choice to enter a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex.

Thank you Serebii for censoring that word. : 3 Most forums don't. It angers iGaga.
Wait mabye somebody didn't understand something...what's going on

Ok so long post and I'll wrap this up with one big disclaimer homosexual people are just a nice and great as other people and I mean any one of them reading this no offense.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I have heard about the finger thing don't remember which fingers it is though if I followed the link it would probably say but I'll take your word, but if I recall when I heard about the finger thing I looked and I should in theory be homosexual if finger length is the indication, but that is beside the point of the arguement at hand.

Its the index figner to ring finger (or in those results, 2D:4D)

While environmental also could refer to in the womb which certainly is one of the more biological environmental things, I stand by environment affecting for an example if only very extreme if homosexuality is punished or mocked so brutally that it is traumatizing(and I mean really traumatizing) the person will naturally formost not perform sexual acts with someone of the same gender out of fear. In a more exact example lets say that all homosexuals are stoned to death, how many people are going to say that they are homosexuals or risk getting caught. Now again I think these examples while extreme get a point across if homosexuality is frowned on by say your church, or your family you would be less likely to enter a relationship with a person of the same sex. Also just to cover my *** I do not approve of any of the extreme things I used as examples, in the end I boil it down to the performing sexual acts with someone of the same sex as being odd.

As far as this goes, you're confusing being gay with being out. People literally hating homosexuals has never stopped them from existing. However, being open, its funny because your "hypothetical" situation was a reality. Look up the Stonewall Riots. Look at Middle Eastern countries.

As I said, your explanation of environment has nothing to do with sexuality, just how you express yourself.

As for the whole choice thing it is more about the acts just like the last one, you in the end decide just like any heterosexual person whether or not you have sex plain and simple that is how you decide.

Again, this has little relation to actual sexual orientationa nd how it comes to be which is what I was asking you to describe. Sorry if there was miscommunication.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
0_0 *facepalm* Did I fail to make it clear that the Bible ISN'T what influences my natural discomfort? That religion itself is to blame in my case, not its teachings?

I also find it odd that you appear to think that it applied entirely to you, and that that is not even a smigeon of what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.