• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is Your Stance On Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Banned
Why are you here? You're just a troll, and a poor one at that. If all gay guys are going to hell, guess I'll be having lots of fun when i die.

Unless you say something articulate instead of spouting nonsensical ******** without proof, get out. Besides, you seem to be horribly ignoring the fact that gay people can be religious too.

So get out or say something smart with proof or logic as backup. Else, I'll be dying of tumors soon.

If you had basic reading skills, you would see that I've explained throughout this thread's entirety why that is bull. And since when did God write the Bible?

No, he just happens to be religious. If you aren't prepared to have a religious person say that they think you're going to hell in the debate forum of all places, you shouldn't be here at all. You overreact to every. single. little. thing. It's really annoying. Why is it when anyone makes a religiously based argument that conflicts with peoples ever so "enlightened and progressive" views they are a troll? Honestly people here are dense sometimes.

Slash4life

uncollared
No, he just happens to be religious. If you aren't prepared to have a religious person say that they think you're going to hell in the debate forum of all places, you shouldn't be here at all. You overreact to every. single. little. thing. It's really annoying. Why is it when anyone makes a religiously based argument that conflicts with peoples ever so "enlightened and progressive" views they are a troll? Honestly people here are dense sometimes.

actually, spamming arguments that have been posted several times over and over and over is a pretty good description of a "troll"

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill

OH MY GOD THANK YOU

actually, spamming arguments that have been posted several times over and over and over is a pretty good description of a "troll"

Well, excuse him for being religious and too lazy to sift through the previous 1,000 posts to see whether or not his point has been made already. Trolls are people who intentionally make inflammatory remarks to cause anger. This guy is just religious. For you (or Fused, whatever) to flip sh*t because he says something like "homosexuality is a sin" really shows a lack of maturity on your part. It's a debate forum, people use religious arguments, deal with it like a level headed and competent debater. Quit your WHINING.

otto66

i'll just say one more thing..

you people are saying i "hate" gay people.. did i ever say that? i said i think there weird and i think its wrong..

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected

you people are saying i "hate" gay people.. did i ever say that? i said i think there weird and i think its wrong..

Right, but people tend to assume that "weird" means hated, just because a lot of people call that one person they dislike "that weird kid."
Either way, you have freedom of thought, you can find homosexuality wrong and I won't think any less of you. The thing that got people so worked up was the fact you said we're going to Hell if we don't believe in what you believe, and that you seem to know this as if it's a fact.

Slash4life

uncollared

Oh, you only find us weird and wrong. That makes it soooo much better. I'm sooooo sorry I took offense and thought you were insulting me and people like me worldwide.

It's alright everyone! He doesn't hate us, he just thinks we're being a little strange and is against us being us!

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Well, excuse him for being religious ... It's a debate forum, people use religious arguments, deal with it like a level headed and competent debater. Quit your WHINING.

Right, deal with it like a level headed and competant debater. Because it takes a level headed and competant debater to pass off "You're all going to hell, trust me," as a debate.

You can't refute a religious belief, so in my opinion, if it is irrefutable...you shouldn't use it in a debate. To offer it is cheating and to refute it is immature. Nobody wins.

Being gay is totally understandable and acceptable and gay rights are gaining ground in the U.S. by the minute. I think gay rights proponents should be happy they're gaining ground and stay out of other people's beliefs.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
No, he just happens to be religious. If you aren't prepared to have a religious person say that they think you're going to hell in the debate forum of all places, you shouldn't be here at all.

If his only argument is that he's right and anyone who disagrees will burn in hell, and has personally admitted to not having any proof while still saying "I'm right, you're wrong", it's clear he has no intention of debating.

otto66 said:

Oh, that's much better.

ChedWick

Because religion is a byproduct of the biggest trolls in the history of man. Geez didn't you guys get the memo. /sarcasm

Gym_Leader_Hanrick

Dragon Master
My veiw on it is as long as the person(s) is happy and doesnt come on to me, i'm not bothered. I know a few gay people and i get along with them just fine.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

And you seem to over react to every. sinlge. little. thing. I. say. I can completely understand him being religious, hell I've debated with religious people since this entire debate started. The people I won't debate are those who only post, over and over again "You're going to hell cause God said so." That doesn't make for an adequate debate, it makes for a spamming fest. I actually had a very thought-provoking debate with h0v0r a while back, and you know why I didn't think he was a troll? Because his arguments were intelligent. I'm sorry you can't understand that I don't like to debate with people who can't make intelligent posts. Troll? That might be taking it a little far, sure. But he's not actually contributing anything to the debate. There is no gain of knowledge or progression of the debate, therefore I view it as spam. And somehow, I'm the dense one for being like that.

This guy is just religious. For you (or Fused, whatever) to flip sh*t because he says something like "homosexuality is a sin" really shows a lack of maturity on your part. It's a debate forum, people use religious arguments, deal with it like a level headed and competent debater. Quit your WHINING.

Oh yes, I'm the biggest whiner on the planet. Read the above along with SunnyC's post. I don't feel like having to explain common sense twice. Call me immature since I don't see any worth in his psots that have no intention of contributing to the debate.

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
And you seem to over react to every. sinlge. little. thing. I. say. I can completely understand him being religious, hell I've debated with religious people since this entire debate started. The people I won't debate are those who only post, over and over again "You're going to hell cause God said so." That doesn't make for an adequate debate, it makes for a spamming fest. I actually had a very thought-provoking debate with h0v0r a while back, and you know why I didn't think he was a troll? Because his arguments were intelligent. I'm sorry you can't understand that I don't like to debate with people who can't make intelligent posts. Troll? That might be taking it a little far, sure. But he's not actually contributing anything to the debate. There is no gain of knowledge or progression of the debate, therefore I view it as spam. And somehow, I'm the dense one for being like that.

Except that if you read the rules, like you should, simple posts giving an opinion aren't considered spam. And if I remember correctly, golly gee, you, the member, are instructed to ignore such posts and not report them. As responding them to them is kinda like beating a dead horse. Its not refuting him that I have an issue with, its getting all hurt and going on a personal vendetta labeling him a "spammer" that I damn well have an issue with. I've said multiple times that when it comes to members that just give an opinion, even if it isn't well constructed, its not spam unless its for obvious post count purposes. What is so difficult to understand about this?

Right, deal with it like a level headed and competant debater. Because it takes a level headed and competant debater to pass off "You're all going to hell, trust me," as a debate.

You can't refute a religious belief, so in my opinion, if it is irrefutable...you shouldn't use it in a debate. To offer it is cheating and to refute it is immature. Nobody wins.

Actually if you read his post, it was simply "I believe such and such people, if you do this, go to hell" paraphrasing. It was not in an overtly condemning or virulent manner. Such as "I hate gays and I wish they were all dead, I'll be laughing when I see you curl and writhe in hell bwahahahahaha!!" It was simply a statement of opinion that happened to step on your toes, which case you need to get over it.

Oh yes, I'm the biggest whiner on the planet. Read the above along with SunnyC's post. I don't feel like having to explain common sense twice. Call me immature since I don't see any worth in his psots that have no intention of contributing to the debate.

No, you're both wrong. If you had common sense, which you lack, you would have refreshed yourself with the rules and the policy on "problematic" members. If you don't think his posts are worth anything, nothing shows that you don't give a crap like responding to them amirite?

Any further discussion on the subject can be redirected toward my PM box.

If said member continues to repeatedly push peoples buttons with posts a long the lines of "Enjoy rotting in hell haha" or in the sense he's trying to get an obvious reaction, you may call and I will answer promptly. But what he's done does not fall under spam, sorry.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.

Being gay is totally understandable and acceptable and gay rights are gaining ground in the U.S. by the minute. I think gay rights proponents should be happy they're gaining ground and stay out of other people's beliefs.

So religion is an important part of this debate but we can't refute it?

Hmm.

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
say all you want.. but really what i'm saying is the truth. its not if you do all good things ya go to heaven.. i have said this way to much on this thread but you WILL be going to hell if ya don't believe he died on the cross you ya. you can laugh at me do whatever you want to. but you will not be laughing when god comes back.

I am gay (I'm even getting hitched to my man next year) and I'm raised to believe in God and Heaven and all that. I never worried about my decision, neither did my family, because when I went to church, when I go to church, I am constantly told that God loves everyone, which last time I checked applied to me and everyone else, even all us apparant weirdos.

I don't mean to sound nasty, but if you've said that as many times as you say you have and are constantly being grilled for it, then why do you keep doing it and then complaining when people argue against you incredibly successfully? You have made your point several times over, all you are doing now by constantly ramming it down people's throats is insulting and hurting others and I'm fairly certain that's not the way into Heaven.

Being gay does not make a person bad or evil or possessed by Satan or whatever other rubbish people will spout next. I am a good person, I have never done anything to hurt anyone or anything and there is no reason why I should not be getting into Heaven when my time comes, regardless of my sexuality - and this very much applies to others, gay or not. Besides, if it was that bad then why do they allow gay priests and such now? The church is, albeit slowly, recognising that it must change to fit with the times and has to do more to reach out to the wider community because, let's face it, homosexuality is becoming a very open and very normal thing and the church and even other institutions are beginning to change in order to accomodate and accept that.

I will laugh at you when he comes back because God loves everyone and all he asks is that we love him and everyone else in return, something you clearly don't so I ask you - what does that say about you and your chances of getting into Heaven?

Clone1 said:
I'm actually a very religous Christian just to let you know, and if you were smart you would learn to accept homosexuals instead of insulting them.

You are now my favourite person just for that sentence. Thank you x

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Except that if you read the rules, like you should, simple posts giving an opinion aren't considered spam. And if I remember correctly, golly gee, you, the member, are instructed to ignore such posts and not report them. As responding them to them is kinda like beating a dead horse. Its not refuting him that I have an issue with, its getting all hurt and going on a personal vendetta labeling him a "spammer" that I damn well have an issue with. I've said multiple times that when it comes to members that just give an opinion, even if it isn't well constructed, its not spam unless its for obvious post count purposes. What is so difficult to understand about this?

Ha ha. I have read the rules. Assuming I haven't?

Where did I label him a spammer? I already admitted that "troll" was too far, but I never called him a spammer. I said he made some spammy posts, but that and calling him a spammer are actually different things. (Maybe you and I have different definitions for these types of things which, if that's the case, sorry that my opinions aren't yours.) Also, I never got all hurt and offended or anything like that, and I certainly didn't engage in any kind of vindictive agenda so I don't know where you're getting any of that from.

So religion is an important part of this debate but we can't refute it?

Hmm.

You can't flat out refute it, but you can discuss it and maybe debate to a compromise on someone's behalf.

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
Where did I label him a spammer? I already admitted that "troll" was too far, but I never called him a spammer. I said he made some spammy posts, but that and calling him a spammer are actually different things. (Maybe you and I have different definitions for these types of things which, if that's the case, sorry that my opinions aren't yours.) Also, I never got all hurt and offended or anything like that, and I certainly didn't engage in any kind of vindictive agenda so I don't know where you're getting any of that from.

Apparently you didn't understand the part where I said "Any further discussion of the matter can be directed toward my PM box"

Want to say anything more about common sense? Mmmhmm.

Slash4life

uncollared
I have an idea: let's keep religion out of the debate for a little while; if someone has a religion-based opinion, it will do no good to this debate anymore. They will not change their opinion because they will believe their religion above all. It will also not "convert" those of us either not in your particular faiths or even having no faith at all. It just makes a circular argument, never allowing us to push forward. This also goes for anti-religious sentiment. Neither will help debate progress.

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
I accept and support homosexuals.
The ones I've met have been, wow omg, as normal and varied as anyone else.
I accept them for two reasons:
1. I'm Bi (sympathize b/c THEY don't always accept that as a real 'choice')
2. B/c I hate children and think the world is extremely over populated and they can't have kids. Adoption is beautiful because someone already existing is getting a loving family and no newbies are being added to the fray. Some gays go for surrogetes so 'they' can have a kid and I don't like that... Is it that important?

As for this inevitable religious flame fest we have going on here (of course), I just have this to say:
Maybe its a sin to one group or not to another, maybe you're in the anti-group but dissagree... It DOESN'T MATTER except to YOU. Its like if you DO hate gays, ok whatever, but no one is forcing YOU to be gay. If someone isn't a member of that religion then its rules are irrelevent to them.

And driving the 'sin' complaint down someone irrelevent's throat IS trolling. Just say it once to state your opinion and drop it PLEASE.

*EDIT: Slash, good point. You just posted a min b4 I did or I'd have let it drop too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.