• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is Your Stance On Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash4life

uncollared
Some gays go for surrogetes so 'they' can have a kid and I don't like that... Is it that important?

It is for me, a little. I actually plan to get a surrogate someday. I just wouldn't feel right raising a child that wasn't really mine. But thank you for aknowledging my point. I just don't think religion has a place in this debate. People shouldn't have to conform to others' religious views.

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
Oh, okay. ^_^ I can see how it can really come down to a personal choice.
I guess I just feel like if the child is young enough to not know anyone else too well and hasn't developed... idk like defining features... you know like still squishy baby larval stage LOL then it could sort of grow on the both of you (parents & child) that they belonged.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
If I get married to a guy I would get a surrogate. I don't really think relgion can be taken out of a homosexual debate because that is what everyone always refers back to when they want to argue with it. I've grown up to bealive in God, and I do but my parents are agnostic. They just taught me to love, and pray, and live happy. God doesn't hate IMO. I see religion as a big contadiction to its self, and they justify it with God Loves all EXCEPT, or killing is bad EXCEPT!

Slash4life

uncollared
Well, if you pay attention to the Bible, you would see that the elitist attitude so many Christians have is the same attitude so many Jews had and that is why(according to Christianity) they are no longer God's "chosen people." Also, the church in Jesus's time failed because they were stuck in their own ways and refused change.

I really don't like religion brought up in these debates.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Surrogate...in the male gay couple sense, that would be two men finding a woman? With me it's the opposite, my parents found a man.

I must say, I am a little dissapointed I never got to meet the guy that is half of my DNA. And, my parents were rather sloppy about it in my opinion, they found some guy in passing, didn't get his phone number or anything, they even forgot his name. And I always got the idea that they didn't want me to ask about him when I was younger, as if I'd choose him over my second mom or something, which...of course I wouldn't.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Thats so sad SunnyC, see if I would do that, I keep contact with the surrogate mother, and try to get a friendship with her as well. Because I know the kid will ask questions. I would use her for all the kids that I plan to have. I would take some weeks to pick her too.

greeneyedgeekette

Brains+Beauty=Lethal
I think the problem is the parents will always worry that the child will grow up to love the biological parent the most...but I guess thats an issue with any surrogacy/adoption

Swampert_guy

I'm Christian, but I don't let a couple verses from Leviticus distract me from what's really important. Jesus said to love thy neighbor, and for me, that means more than a few outdated lines in a book of the Bible which concentrates almost entirely on things you can't do.

Slash4life

uncollared
I'm Christian, but I don't let a couple verses from Leviticus distract me from what's really important. Jesus said to love thy neighbor, and for me, that means more than a few outdated lines in a book of the Bible which concentrates almost entirely on things you can't do.

THANK YOU!!!!! for your common(which ain't so common anymore) sense.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill

I hereby excommunicate you from the Christian faith. Your absence of bigotry and unsubstantiated hatred of the homosexual community is an inexcusable transgression of Christian law. Clearly, you are a heretic, and an infidel to boot.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I think the problem is the parents will always worry that the child will grow up to love the biological parent the most...but I guess thats an issue with any surrogacy/adoption

Yes, I believe this is the issue. Speaking from experience, I would not love someone more than my stepmother that I've known all my life, just because they're blood.

What a breath of fresh air! Thank you! Somehow I thought more people felt this way, but everyone's succumbed to such frigid judgemental ways in the last year or two...

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
you excommunicate in Catholicism, not in Protestantism

Ahem.

Wikipedia said:
Excommunication is a religious censure used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community. The word literally means putting [someone] out of communion. In some religions, excommunication includes spiritual condemnation of the member or group. Censures and sanctions sometimes follow excommunication; these include banishment, shunning, and shaming, depending on the religion, the offense that caused excommunication, or the rules or norms of the religious community.(I no see the word Catholic anywhere)

Clearly, you are a nitpicker, and a dirtball to boot.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
they can, but most don't. The Catholic Church has historically been the excommunicating faith.

So... my satirical remark regarding the banishment of an individual from christianity is rendered null and void, because the term I used is historically associated with a religion not in question?

Nope. Pretty sure excommunication (not Excommunication) is simply an synonym for banishment, especially in the context in which I am using it.

You know, you really are no fun.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
they can, but most don't. The Catholic Church has historically been the excommunicating faith.

The? Are you saying that no other religion can get rid of members they don't like? That's just not true. Just cause the Catholic church is bigger and it's easier to recognize that they excommunicate doesn't mean that other churches don't do it too. What are you trying to prove?

Status
Not open for further replies.