1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your Stance On Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Fused, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotrod93

Hotrod93 Dragon Trainer

Rumor: Someone brought over a green Monkey or Chimp, they did the twisted tango with it, and Spreaded it.

Rumor 2: Same as above but one of the guys got bit by it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

Some people think that AIDS came from blacks (since they are known to have it).

Are we going to say blacks owe us a huge debt? Oh, and you can't even tell us that being black is a choice.

3. ChedWick

ChedWick Well-Known Member

Rumor 3: Same as above but they bit/ate the ape.

4. Jenni

Jenni _

Second this. It's been argued that HIV was transferred to humans as a result of chimps being killed and eaten, or the blood of chimps getting into cuts and wounds of that of humans who hunted them.

5. GoldenEon

GoldenEon Krazy yaoi shipper

Um, news flash? STRAIGHT PEOPLE HAVE AIDS TOO!!! And yes, STRAIGHT PEOPLE HAVE UNSAFE SEX TOO!!!!! Shocking! Again, news flash,they tend to test the blood before donating it to people, uh duh? Doctors know about HIV, and so they do this little bit called TESTING. This generally makes sure the blood is NOT infected. Technology is great aint it?

Really, you're trying SO hard to guilt trap people by saying "OH, think of the children with AIDS!!1111".

No, children born with Aids, have only the parents to blame. Also, the GRID? There was more Aids floating around in the world, it was just discovered within homosexual first. Grow a brain.

your arguement is STILL failing. I know, shocking.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  6. Fused

Fused Shun the nonbeliever

Honestly guys, just ignore this guy. His post do nothing more than change the subject: he went from quotes that didn't mean **** to a book that didn't support his stance to AIDS all so he could change the topic and be free of responding to other posts.

he's not willing to deal with us, so why the hell should we deal with him? Debating with him only keeps him around, and honestly his worth and seriousness in this debate are smaller than dustmites.

7. J.T.

J.T. ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, let's ban all gays, even the healthy ones, from donating blood because a few have AIDS. Hey, guess what? Some heterosexuals have AIDS! So do some black people! Let's ban all of them from donating blood too! Because that is logical!

Yeah, because people back then were homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. If you weren't a straight white male, you were considered inferior and sometimes even wrong.

Source please.

Oh, wait, you'll misquote the living hell out of it, or it won't actually support what you're saying.

Using logic, you mean.

Yes, the ones we're discriminating against, forcing underground, and mistreating daily owe us an apology.

If you want to get some valid points up rather than just bashing gays and "pro-homos", maybe you'll be taken seriously.

8. Deku_Link

Deku_Link ,,|,,

This has kind of been bugging me for a while: sorry, I don't speak social conservative; what the hell kind of a term is "pro-homosexual" anyway?

9. Fused

Judging from how wordy has used it, it refers to any person who supports the extension of equal rights to gays, lesbians and bisexuals. Also judging from how wordy has used, these people who support equal rights are deluded, irrational, dumb, and don't care about children, America or anybody else in the world except themselves (even though that doesn't make sense since they are fighting for others.)

10. mapachee

mapachee New Member

is called troll a** language :D

11. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

Why do you keep attempting to change subjects?

It's kind of like push-polling, where you ask a "subtly" biased question to produced biased results. In this case, he's giving a biased term to his opposition and is attempting to take down the opposition via name-calling.

12. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

100% no proof to this, but I always heard some guy in Africa had sex with a primate and contracted it. Another rumor is that is was a form of genocide created by the US government... -_-

Something just popped into my head, so I'll say it ^.^ Disorders are heavily based on the norm, correct? If the entire world walked around one day as Jessica, and then the next day they were Britney, then there would be such disorder as multiple personality disorder, correct? It wouldn't be a disorder and could not be classified as such, as it is in order with the world. There might even be a monopersonality disorder. On that basis, only 10 - 20% of people are gay/lesbian/bi, right? So they are not in order with the rest. They are in disorder, no? So homosexuality is a disorder. Don't you just love my reasoning?

Disclaimer: I am not anti-homosexual, just saying whatever pops into my head.

Ah, debates are more fun when I don't take them seriously!

13. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

i was afraid you were gonna yell at me lol

and your reasoning somewhat makes sense to me, and i'm not "anti-homosexual" either.

14. GoldenEon

GoldenEon Krazy yaoi shipper

I see your reasoning, my friendly counter? ^^

It is a small percentage. (where I come from it seems more like 40 % lol) but a small percentage of people in the world expereince Synesthesia (the sensation of "smelling" "hearing" colors and many other things) but this is known as a "sensation" rather then a disorder.

15. Lucas666

Lucas666 Dragon Trainer

Synesthesia would be very useful for blind people!!

16. Lbsweet96

Lbsweet96 &#32

I'd call that a huge disorder. Not only is it out of the norm, but it is harmful (I'm not saying homosexuality is harmful, don't attack me, please!).
    I'd have to classify that as a disorder. Having multiple personalities? Yes, definitely a disorder.

But I digress, we are getting off topic here.

17. Fused

Your post and reasoning are pretty good, however your only flaw is that you really simplified disorders.

Medically speaking, disorders have some type of specific therapy or treatment to subdue or offset the disorder, however the only known way to offset homosexuality is through denial, however that is not a treatment exclusive to "curing" homosexuality, nor is it a treatment that any medically trained person would recommend.

Now, there are five types of disorders: mental, physical, emotional & behavioral, functional, and genetic. Every disorder can be placed in at least one, but none will have a connection with all five.

That said, homosexuality does have a connection with all five. Mental processes and reactions have been shown to be different between homsoexuals comapred to heterosexual counterparts. Physically, finger ratios and certain brain components have been observed to be different between gay and straight people. Emotional and behavioral, do i honestly need to explain? Functional, because of physical differences, parts of the brain will function differently as a result. Genetic because genes and chromosomes do have some conenction with sexual orientation.

Now, because homosexuality has ties to all of these different classifications, there is no possible way of discerning which one it belongs to. And without knowing which category it belongs to, there is no treatment. And without a treatment, we only have symptoms to decide what the disorder actually is, but these "symptoms" are things found in every person, it's just what these symptoms (emotionas, romance, sexuality) target, as in a member of a certain sex, not the homosexual.

Also, the obvious fact that disorders cause a disability, something homsoexuality does not do.

And finally, I would like to point that because of the ambiguity concerned with the different types of disorders, we all suffer a disorderment at some point in our lives: a broken leg, delirium, uncontrolled rage. So because we all have suffered something not at all associated with the norm, it's safe to say one of two thigs: We all have disorders or we are all normal because we are not all alike.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  18. muumajii23

muumajii23 Well-Known Member

Using that logic, I would agree that it is a disorder, in the way that it is not the norm. But that still doesn't mean it's morally wrong or bad or whoever is gay has something wrong with them.

And btw, I'm pretty sure the percentage is around 5%...

And I second the motion to ignore wordy from now on... Gotta stop feeding the trolls sometime. xD

19. Lucas666

Lucas666 Dragon Trainer

I don't see how he can say homosexuality is morally wrong since morals are just an image of what you think is right and wrong

fun fact: Left is latin for sin, so left is apperantly wrong although I am left handed

and I nominate wordy for the nobel war prize (I know it's crap but it's the most clever thing I can come up with on the spot)

20. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

I owe you nothing, and could careless if you died.

Hemophiliacs got AIDs from heterosexuals as well. And news flash, it was called GRID because at first it largely appeared in homosexuals and that is what was noticed. AIDs was transmitted to humans through contact with monkeys. And AIDs appeared in America as early as the 50's. A black teenager (who was heterosexual) had his autopsy redone a few years ago and they discovered he died of AIDs. And he had no homosexual sex. (This was on Dr. G by the way, if anybody asks for a source.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.