• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is Your Stance On Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla231

Cool Story, Bro.
My thoughts on homos.

To me, being homo means you just don't like the opposite sex becuase of whatever reason and you go for your gender. Even though I somewhat uncomfortable with gays, I belive they should being treated with the same rights as a straight person. And all the ***wipes and Chirstain people who think gays are a stupid, a slight of God, etc. people should just grab a .22 and shoot themselves for not giving these people a chance to have a regular normal life.

So who is the real messed up people? Juan, down on the corner at 22nd Ave. with his cacuasin life partner Jerry or Arnold who lives with his wife Katy who live next door to Juan and Jerry and hate them ever since they moved in because of the polticians and goverment-like people who have told them that same-sex marrige is wrong.

I. myself, have a lesbian neighbor and I have nothing against her. We are just regular, living breathing humans. So please, next time you see a man with eye makeup, or a woman who has a buzzed haircut just say Good day or Hi like you do to everyone else you see.

Zora

perpetually tired

What I am saying is that the majority of people perceive same-sex marriage to be simply more than the definition of marriage.

I disagree. The majority of opposition towards gay marriage, simply comes from a moral disagreement. While xenophobia may play a large part, to say that it is the sole root, is reading a little too far into things. If a moral man, lets say, confronts his brother for something like adultery for example, and the brother says "You are afraid, because my actions challenge your beliefs." then ofcourse, that doesn't make much sense. Now I'm not naive enough to compare adultery to homosexuality, but the analogy does serve a purpose. The majority of individuals oppose same sex marriage on the basis that it is not moral, that it is not right, or that it is not proper, as they've been taught. Xenophobia may play a role, but it is most certianly not the core of the issue.

Adultery is different because it can causes stress to the cheater and his/her spouse which can lead to other problems while same-sex marriage simply doesn't-and a sibling would typically want the best for his brother.

Now, there are some people who do treat it as a matter of definition. Still, when we look at a large amount of arguments around same-sex marriage, most of them talk about later consequences not dependent upon same-sex marriage. Now, that alone means that there is something more than mere definition. Perhaps consequences of changing the definition, but nothing necessarily comes along with the changing of the definition.

How does one example, or even 10 examples assert that? When you claim that xenophobia is the largest, or root cause of opposition towards same sex marriage, or just simply homosexuality, that is an enormous claim.

Now, to clarify my claim: A number of people are against same-sex marriage because if same-sex marriage is denied under the law they feel that the law affirms any xenophobic or homophobic beliefs they may have. Yes, it is a large claim, but it also explains why there would be so much zeal too. And that amount of zeal is something that a simple question "Which do you prefer?" would not explain.

It is worth noting that this sort of zeal around a policy almost always comes up when there is a perceived discriminated group under the policy-rarely does it come up elsewhere.

Last edited:

snare

DEATH STARE.
Uh oooooh, you referred to gay people as "homos"! You're baaaad. I think it's akin to saying "negroes", except maybe a tiddle less derogatory.

Not that you meant anything bad by saying it...And not that I really care.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I disagree. The majority of opposition towards gay marriage, simply comes from a moral disagreement. While xenophobia may play a large part, to say that it is the sole root, is reading a little too far into things. If a moral man, lets say, confronts his brother for something like adultery for example, and the brother says "You are afraid, because my actions challenge your beliefs." then ofcourse, that doesn't make much sense. Now I'm not naive enough to compare adultery to homosexuality, but the analogy does serve a purpose. The majority of individuals oppose same sex marriage on the basis that it is not moral, that it is not right, or that it is not proper, as they've been taught. Xenophobia may play a role, but it is most certianly not the core of the issue.

Morals are beliefs. Morals are a persons beliefs that help themd efine right from wrong. Of course, people have varying views on right and wrong which means that people have different morals, something anti-gay opponents forget when the challenge homosexuality by calling it immoral. Xenophobia is a part of why these people are anti-gay but I agree with you in the sense that they are anti-gay because of their morals/teachings.

I was straight for all I've know I've never though of boys in any way sexually. Even at the start of puberity I never did. It was until one incident in middle school which had to do me giving a guy oral. I wasn't exsactly up to it but I eventually did and I liked it. From there I started to check out guys, I figured I like guys. I wasn't shocked or anything. I choose to be bisexual, simply because I choose to continue with my curiosity towards boys , from other experiances. Another example. My cousin had a co-worker, he dated girls many girls was in love with girls, he also got hurt by many girls. He had a gay hook-up and liked it. Girls weren't working out for him, he choose to be gay since his hook-up which he enjoyed. I don't thin all homosexuals are born gay, you arn't born good or bad just like you arn't born stright or gay. You are taugh from the begging to like girls. You see it in cartoons in what not. Studies have show most gay people found out in there teen years, unless your like Chirs Crackhead, who just knows. I don't doubt gay genes exsist, I feel like there are genes that we inherit, from there thats are on choice. Gays are just like any other people with there own prefence.

Takaru, please note that while I'm not actually disagreeing with you, I feel the need to point out a few points and questions.

First, sexual orientation is most commonly discovered during puberty however some people discover their sexual orientation later in life. People may discover it in their 20s, 302, 40s, etc. Everyone is different.

Second how do you know that the oral sex "made" you gay? Isn't it possible that instead the event sped up the discovery process?

You also say "I figured I liked guys" and "I wasn't shocked." The first one seems to have some confusion mixed in there, if you figured or thoguht that you liked guys. The next aprt, in an offhanded way, explains that some part of you already had thoughts of being homosexual.

Also, to choose to be good or bad is much more of a concious choice than choosing to be homosexual, if it is a choice at all (which I've already explained is actually irrelevant whether its a chocie or not.)

Last edited:

Ultimate Trainer

Let's debate. Go.
If you want to lead a devout christian lifestyle, than that's cool with me. If you wan't to live a liberal and free-spirited gay lifestyle, go ahead. Just do not force your own opinions or lifestyle on other people. Church and state are officially separated in western countries, let's live up to it and treat each other as decent citizens even if we do not agree with each other. Tolerance, respecting people with other beliefs, that is one of those things democracy is about.

It is quite ironic when you say that, because you are forcing your own beliefs on me. You're breaking your own standard!

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
It is quite ironic when you say that, because you are forcing your own beliefs on me. You're breaking your own standard!

He's not pushing for his beliefs but he is actually pushing for equal rights. Equal rights should be forced. However, opinions, like he said, should not.

vtommy1

I support full marriage and civil rights.

Let's leave it at that since threads such as these usually devolve into flame wars when religion is applied. D:

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
homosexuals are fine with me, i just dont like them if they try to seduce me or something.
i think that because well i dont think homosexuality is right, but in a world so big who cares about my opinion?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I'm fine with it, as long as you aren't ramming it down my throat. I'm not a fan of very openly gay persons, I prefer suttlety and discreetness, not to a point where its a secret, but where its not blatantly obvious and more of a guessing game, in a sense, with the whole "Is he/she?" thing. I prefer the middle ground.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I'm fine with it, as long as you aren't ramming it down my throat. I'm not a fan of very openly gay persons, I prefer suttlety and discreetness, not to a point where its a secret, but where its not blatantly obvious and more of a guessing game, in a sense, with the whole "Is he/she?" thing. I prefer the middle ground.

Gay people can be very open without flaunting their sexuality. Also, I think you are being a bit hypocritical: heterosexuals don't have to be subtle or discreet about their sexual orientation, thanks to heterosexism, so why should homosexuals be discreet or subtle about their sexuality? I'm not saying that they should flaunt it, but I mean they cand splay it in public just like anyone else. There shouldn't be any subtlety. And it shouldn't be a guessing game. That's how straight people get hit on, because homosexuals feel the need to act straight so when a gay guy is looking for a boyfriend, he's assuming that gay guys will be acting straight, so to say. It not only causes uncomfortable situations for heterosexuals, but it also creates more work and guessing and risks for homosexuals.

NatOreN

NOT THE FACE!!
I don't see homosexuality as right and I will not change my oppinion just because politics/religion/social pressure says so. I consider it a mental disorder. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate homosexuals. I merely think they aren't well, mentally.
Certainly, the thought of two individuals of the same sex(men particularly, being a guy and all) disturbs me but I'm not one to get involved in any way. They can do what they want for all I care, as long as it doesn't put me, or anyone for that matter, into an unwanted situation.
However, I also think that homosexuals should respect others just as they should respect them. Including religious people. It may not seem fair, but if the message of christian/muslim/random religion forbids or objects gay marriage, I believe homosexuals should be ready and willing to respect those people's beliefs. If they don't already.
If a gay couple wishes to marry, they can (obviously) turn to their respective church and, if rejected, there is always an alternative to be found.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I don't see homosexuality as right and I will not change my oppinion just because politics/religion/social pressure says so. I consider it a mental disorder. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate homosexuals. I merely think they aren't well, mentally.

Any reasoning behind why you beleive this? Do you have any proof to support your claim? Several psychiatric associations have already said that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. So why do you believe that it is?

However, I also think that homosexuals should respect others just as they should respect them. Including religious people. It may not seem fair, but if the message of christian/muslim/random religion forbids or objects gay marriage, I believe homosexuals should be ready and willing to respect those people's beliefs. If they don't already.

It's hard to respect people who constantly disregard your way of life, some going as far as condeming it, for the sake of their own and use fallible proof to support such condemnations.

If a gay couple wishes to marry, they can (obviously) turn to their respective church and, if rejected, there is always an alternative to be found.

That's the problem. Gay couples can only be joined together with a marriage status and marriage benefits in only a few countries. Gay couples in America aren't going to fly to the Netherlands to get married.

NatOreN

NOT THE FACE!!
Any reasoning behind why you beleive this? Do you have any proof to support your claim? Several psychiatric associations have already said that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. So why do you believe that it is

My apologies. I'm not one for following research and news, so my knowledge of the subject is apparently not up to date. However, that doesn't change my view on homosexuality being wrong.

It's hard to respect people who constantly disregard your way of life, some going as far as condeming it, for the sake of their own and use fallible proof to support such condemnations.

I said "homosexuals should respect others just as they should respect them," meaning that others SHOULD give homosexuals the respect they deserve and homosexuals should, in turn, do the same. Many may not respect gays but some do, and these people, however few, are the ones whose beliefs homosexuals should respect. This may involve dissent towards gay marriage, not necessarily their existence in general.
Also, the message to "turn the other cheek" fits well to answer your statement, even though some religious individuals might not practice it.

That's the problem. Gay couples can only be joined together with a marriage status and marriage benefits in only a few countries. Gay couples in America aren't going to fly to the Netherlands to get married.

From what I hear, more and more are legalizing gay marriage. Including about five of the United States, I believe. But what I meant was not necessarily marriage. Love isn't just having a wedding ring on your finger, no matter how important it may be. There are also a number of places that allow gay cohabitation, which can serve as a subtitute for marriage, at least for a time.
The summary is, even if homosexuals can't get married, there is ALWAYS a way to acommodate the situation and make it better.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
My apologies. I'm not one for following research and news, so my knowledge of the subject is apparently not up to date. However, that doesn't change my view on homosexuality being wrong.

So experts on psychiatrics and mental disorders aren't enough to convince you that homosexuality is not a mental disorder?

From what I hear, more and more are legalizing gay marriage. Including about five of the United States, I believe. But what I meant was not necessarily marriage. Love isn't just having a wedding ring on your finger, no matter how important it may be. There are also a number of places that allow gay cohabitation, which can serve as a subtitute for marriage, at least for a time.
The summary is, even if homosexuals can't get married, there is ALWAYS a way to acommodate the situation and make it better.

Like I said, only a handful of countries (4-6) and about 5-6 US states have legalized gay marriage. Now let's put you in a homosexual positiona nd you live in Arizona. Are you willing to drive all the way to Massachusetts tog et married? My bet is on no, and No should be the answer, as everyone should have an equal oppurtunity.

Also, while love isn't about a ring on your finger, marriage is one of the most important declarations of love in our modern society. It has always been such an important declaration, in fact. but aside from that, gay couples are actually losing several partnership benefits only included in marriage. It's not only homosexuals at a disadvantage: if gay marriages were legal, the wedding industry would take in a lot more money, and the taxes would give the government a lot more money as well.

BigLutz

Banned
So experts on psychiatrics and mental disorders aren't enough to convince you that homosexuality is not a mental disorder?

Using Psychiatrists isnt really a defense since the definition for a multitude of disorders has been changed in the years to be PC. People are more concerned about offending people than actually digging into the science.

Now is Homosexuality a mental disorder? Depends on what you define disorder as. Homosexuality is not a normal development in a animal, since the true use of sex intercourse is to provide a offspring, something that is impossible from homosexuality. Now I am not saying that it does not exist in nature, but because it only affects a small percentage of animals, and because it goes against the natural function of procreation. Well you can make your own guess as to if it is a disorder or not. Scientifically speaking, I would say yes it is, but that isn't meant to offend Gays or anyone else, it is no more or less of a disorder than say Pedophilia where a healthy adult targets a child who is unable to produce a offspring.

Like I said, only a handful of countries (4-6) and about 5-6 US states have legalized gay marriage. Now let's put you in a homosexual positiona nd you live in Arizona. Are you willing to drive all the way to Massachusetts tog et married? My bet is on no, and No should be the answer, as everyone should have an equal oppurtunity.

Well first I have to ask, how many of those states brought that about the right way, such as allowing people to vote or voting in the state legislature, and how many people brought it about the wrong way.

Anyway yes you can move, if marrying is so important to you, then you have every right to move to where you can get married. It is that way with a multitutde of things. If I do not like the high taxes of New York, should I force the state to conform to me, or should I move to where I will be more comfortable?

If a state were to pass a Smoking Ban for all indoor places, and I want to go to Restaurants to smoke, or open a Bar in which people can smoke, I have the right to move to another state and set up business where there isn't a smoking ban.

Or using your logic, if I wanted to engage in Polygamy, I shouldn't have to drive all the way to Utah or a East Texas Ranch to do it.

Also, while love isn't about a ring on your finger, marriage is one of the most important declarations of love in our modern society. It has always been such an important declaration, in fact. but aside from that, gay couples are actually losing several partnership benefits only included in marriage. It's not only homosexuals at a disadvantage: if gay marriages were legal, the wedding industry would take in a lot more money, and the taxes would give the government a lot more money as well.

And of course you have non biased facts and figures to prove this right?

Last edited:

NatOreN

NOT THE FACE!!

I did not say that I still believe homosexuality to be a mental disorder. I said that I still believe it is wrong.

If one is indeed in love and wants to spend the rest of their lives with ones significant other, and values those feelings, then driving to the end of the world would be nothing. That is my belief. If you're not willing to travel long distances for your love, then it isn't worth it to be kept alive. But I do agree with you on everyone having an equal opportunity.

I agree with you completely, but if the government or church is holding you back, you shouldn't just sigh and give up. If you value your relationship, you should do what you can to complete it. And about the government's loss in this matter, has it been pointed out for them? If not, then maybe it's about time someone did. Don't you think?

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Using Psychiatrists isnt really a defense since the definition for a multitude of disorders has been changed in the years to be PC. People are more concerned about offending people than actually digging into the science.

Now is Homosexuality a mental disorder? Depends on what you define disorder as. Homosexuality is not a normal development in a animal, since the true use of sex intercourse is to provide a offspring, something that is impossible from homosexuality. Now I am not saying that it does not exist in nature, but because it only affects a small percentage of animals, and because it goes against the natural function of procreation. Well you can make your own guess as to if it is a disorder or not. Scientifically speaking, I would say yes it is, but that isn't meant to offend Gays or anyone else, it is no more or less of a disorder than say Pedophilia where a healthy adult targets a child who is unable to produce a offspring.

It is a disorder when you compare the homosexual population to the heterosexual population and heterosexuality is prevalent. Now, would the same be true if you had one straight man among a crowd of 300 gay men? No.

Also, pedophilia can actually be considered a mental disorder,a s, since children do not produce pheromones, the hypothalamus does not react sexually, therefore it is not a sexual orientation. The same is true for beastiality, as pheromones can only be sensed by one of the same species of the pheromone prodcuer.

Anyway yes you can move, if marrying is so important to you, then you have every right to move to where you can get married. It is that way with a multitutde of things. If I do not like the high taxes of New York, should I force the state to conform to me, or should I move to where I will be more comfortable?

Do not confuse equal rights with paying taxes, please. But you pay taxes because you live there. Gay couples should not be expected to just pack up and move and settle in a different state for a marriage that only 5 states would recognize.

If a state were to pass a Smoking Ban for all indoor places

People would protest immediately.

And of course you have non biased facts and figures to prove this right?

Well I should hope so, because if I didn't I would look like a prick.

DarkestWish7706

Trainer of Trainers
I, personally, don't really like gays, but I do believe they should be able to do whatever they want. Even though it's against my religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.