• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Is Your Stance On Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallade-master-311

NonUber Trainer
it personally annoys me some of the things ive read here.
if 2 people love each other who are we to judge?
if you are stright why should you care if someones gay?
i have a gay friends,but i dont care if he is or not,im not scraed of him or something.
also one of my best friends is lesbian and she is deeply in love,im for one do not judge them.

Erienne

Anime high :D
I find it perfectly okay, and I couldn't care less if someone was homosexual or not. I find it that homosexuals and lesbians should have the same rights and equality as heterosexuals too.

What I find disturbing is how other kids label others as gay or lesbian if they tend to gravitate towards items or behaviors expected by the other gender. Like, I'm heterosexual, but I read the Twilight series <3, and I do watch Gossip Girl every Monday. There, I admitted it. I don't think that makes me gay, it just means I read the Twilight series and I watch Gossip Girl.

Hydroleaf

♥ ♥ Brain Bleach ♥ ♥
Honestly, I think it's unfair that people lable homosexuals. Just because they like the same sex doesn't mean they act completely different from you or me... If you're a guy and you're gay, that doesn't mean you hate sports or talk in a high pitch voice. If you're a lesbian, that does not mean you dress like a guy or have a low voice. If you never actually had feelings for another girl or boy, how do you know if it won't benefit your life? I'm sure everyone on this forum has pondered on their relationship with their friend(s) and wondered if you just might be too close...

It just means you have poor taste ;p
(kidding!)

*laughs @ you*

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
I think that if your gay, then just be gay. Being gay is not a choice for many people. It is like a 33-33-33 slot. You have the people who are naturally born gay, which science has proved for men. There is a chance of a mother giving an extra x chromosone to a boy, making him gay. You also have the people who have experienced something emotionaly to make them tend to the same sex. Finally, you have those people who just want to try something new. Many people may disagree with the last statement, but it is true.

The problem with most people is gay marriage. I personally believe that marriage is between a man and a women and that is all it is to it. I believe that gay marriage should be classified as a civil union. However, the civil union should have all the prospects of a marriage.

Don't get me wrong, if two people love each other, they should be aloud to be together. Love knows no boundaries. However, marriage is constituted by being between a male and a female.

ScorpioStarmie

Concert Headbanger
I have some bi friends but have yet to make gay friends. I have no problem with. I am a guy and when I say I support gay people, people look at me and think i'm gay just b/c i support. I hate discriminatory remarks to any people. Some people think i'm gay b/c i hang out with a lot of girls but i'm not. i like girls and that's why i talk to them alot. i think gay people are going through what the black peopel went through before. they are trying to get their rights and people use "gay" alot EX) that's so gay. Also when the blacks were rying to get rights people used the n word. History always repeats itself. The conservatives said that we shouldn't let histroy repeat itself. Well it is.

Killer Grunt

I really dont care if someones gay or not, most of the time i wont even know they are gay unless they tell me. I dont get why some people hate them so much. So they like the same sex? wheres the problem there its not like they are forcing you to be gay or anything.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I have 3 gay friends, and they are awesome! I don't care if someone's gay, straight or bi as long as they're kind!

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
I have no problem with people wanting to be gay. Do I think its weird? Eh possibly. I only have a problem if one starts to hit on me or something and then I get hostile with them and I get a bit uncomfortable. Because where I am from, there aren't many gay's at all, and so when there is one they are very upfront flurt with a bunch of other guys and touch them and stuff and thats when it starts to get to be a problem and then everyone hates them and isolate them. I try to be nice to everyone but to be honest I would not feel comfortable having a best friend thats gay. Especially if he wanted to spend the night at my house or something. 0_0 If anyone here is gay though, I mean no offense whatsoever.

MattZ2007

My biggest complaint is that if you support equal rights in any way, you are labeled as gay. It's infuriating! Live-and-let-live is the common philosophy, but so many people deal in absolutes that it's impossible to express that without criticism.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Homosexuality is no problem to me.
They can exercise any rights they want, including marriage, adopting kids, etc etc.
However, Anti-gay feelings are in popular culture today, cause people are grouped together based on similarity, and there fore they usually do not like the different people. No homo, and calling people gay are some examples.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
My stance is:

If you can't make a baby in that way, its wrong.
And repulsive.
No offense, but that was the way i was raised.
And I'm sticking to it.

Mawile XD

ello thar
Where I live, practically everyone is anti-gay, and was happy with the California gay-marriage ban. My Social Studies teacher decided to play Devil's Advocate, and said, "Do you think the government should have the right to decide whether you could marry someone?" Everyone was easily swayed to the other side. I'm heterosexual, and I find it repulsive how people label things as "gay".

Pretty much, people will believe what they see people around them doing. I'm fine with gay people, if they don't hit on me or anything, I'm happy.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
i have no problems with a person's sexual orientation. no one in this world should have the right to take control of another person's love live, no matter what. if you're straight, gay, or bi, it doesnt matter. if you love a person, no matter who they are, what race they are, what sex they are, you should be allowed to love them. this world is full of diversity, and that's what makes everyone one a unique human being, and that shouldnt be a reason for others to discriminate. i, myself, am a straight female, and i a handfull of gay and bi friends. that doesnt mean i will judge them. i look at everyone equally regardless of sexual orientation or race or gender. something that small shouldnt matter to us. its about who you really are on the inside. as long as someone has a good mind and heart, who should ever put them down or discriminate them?

and i kno that marriage is "technically" defined as the union between a man and a woman. if thats the rule we absolutely must play by, then let homosexual couples have the same rights with their "civil union." i dont agree with this, as i believe not allowing anyone to be married is automatically discrimination. however, if this is what we must do, anyone having a civil union should be benefitted the same rights as if they were married. no one deserves more or less because of their sexual orientation. its just not something we need to be critical about. why should we care? just worry about yourself and let others live how they want to.

Shining Aruseus

I don't care what they are. And I don't want to be involved. Period.

Oh, and EDIT: I'm straight. I live in a neighborhood of girls and only girls, whom I used to play house and dolls with when I was five. I read and enjoyed the Twilight series (I even got the movie the first day it came out). However, I am straight, and I plan to stay that way.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
My stance is:

If you can't make a baby in that way, its wrong.
And repulsive.
No offense, but that was the way i was raised.
And I'm sticking to it.

So you are also against couples "past their prime" having sex, barren couples having sex, and couples who practice safe sex? All you said was "If you can't make a baby in that way (referring to sex) it's wrong."

and i kno that marriage is "technically" defined as the union between a man and a woman. if thats the rule we absolutely must play by, then let homosexual couples have the same rights with their "civil union." i dont agree with this, as i believe not allowing anyone to be married is automatically discrimination. however, if this is what we must do, anyone having a civil union should be benefitted the same rights as if they were married. no one deserves more or less because of their sexual orientation. its just not something we need to be critical about. why should we care? just worry about yourself and let others live how they want to.

I agree with you, but if we did that it would quickly lead to a "separate but equal" arguement, and if you've studied the Brown v. The Board of Education case, you would know how that works out. But, most peoplea rgue this on religious grounds, sayignt hat amrriage is a religious institution, seemingly forgetting the homosexual religious couples out there who wished tog et married.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
oh josh. moar of my pretzel.

So you are also against couples "past their prime" having sex, barren couples having sex, and couples who practice safe sex? All you said was "If you can't make a baby in that way (referring to sex) it's wrong."

I agree with you, but if we did that it would quickly lead to a "separate but equal" arguement, and if you've studied the Brown v. The Board of Education case, you would know how that works out. But, most peoplea rgue this on religious grounds, sayignt hat amrriage is a religious institution, seemingly forgetting the homosexual religious couples out there who wished tog et married.

No, as in a sense that if you can't make a baby in that way at all, (as couple past heir prime could have one in that way, before they got old) i say its wrong.

Man + Man butt stuff does not make a baby.

Niether does women on women action either.
God never meant to have gay stuff, its just people who go ahead and do there own thing.

Go ahead. Do your own thing.
God doesn't appreciate that, though.

And, if you people live in america, would would find that America was founded on RELIGION.

(this is all why i live in the most ignorant and best place in the world:

TEXAS

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
No, as in a sense that if you can't make a baby in that way at all, (as couple past heir prime could have one in that way, before they got old) i say its wrong.

Man + Man butt stuff does not make a baby.

Niether does women on women action either.

As I said, neither does barren woman on man action.

God never meant to have gay stuff

I assume he told you this himself?

Go ahead. Do your own thing.
God doesn't appreciate that, though.

Lucky me. I don't believe in God.

And, if you people live in america, would would find that America was founded on RELIGION.

Actually, the pilgrims came here for Freedom of Religion, which includes freedom from religion. Please learn something about American history before you try to preach it. If America was founded on religion, then there would be one and only one religion in this country: the religion it was founded on.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Unluckly, America was founded on freedom of religion.

I want to deny this. As much as possible.

You, sir should belive in God.

Your life would be a whole lot better.
God has pointed this out to me, as he allows me to live. And I read the Bible.
Barren women on Man action could have produced a baby if she wasn't barren.
Let's point this out AGAIN:

one man plugging another man up the rectum isn't going to produce a child, now is it?
THATS WHY I FIND GAY STUFF WRONG.
So, its my opinion, your opinion.

Last edited:
Unluckly, America was founded on freedom of religion.

I want to deny this. As much as possible.

You, sir should belive in God.

Your life would be a whole lot better.
Barren women on Man action could have produced a baby if she wasn't barren.
Let's point this out AGAIN:

one man plugging another man up the rectum isn't going to produce a child, now is it?
THATS WHY I FIND GAY STUFF WRONG.
So, its my opinion, your opinion.
Who cares? Life isn't about producing children. A lot of people don't want children, they're not needed in everyone's life.

And I'm fine with "not living my life by God." I'm much happier being who I am than being a fake person who wouldn't express himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.